2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:24 pm

Louth4sam wrote:
dundalkfc1903 wrote:
Louth4sam wrote:
and got a lot of unfair criticism at times and abuse from the Shed. .

Fake news. The shed is an inanimate object, incapable of abusing anyone. Funny how the boo boys are always in the shed.
Stood behind the dugouts a few times, my goodness there are some grumpy middle aged men there who would make Eamon Dunphy look like an eternal optimist.

Cant speak for any other areas of the ground as don't stand there but there is always one player that lads in the Shed focus on, it was Connolly for the past couple of seasons. I just don't understand the abuse of players it's not like it pushes players to play better

Can you define 'lads in the shed'? 800-1000 people frequent the shed side. In numbers terms what are we talking, 5, 10, 50, 100, the entire shed?? Because I Never heard anything out of the ordinary directed at Connolly over the past 2 years on the shed side. Few moans and groans that any player gets now and again.
Given his level of performance, I would say he got a large amount of patience from the fans

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Louth4sam » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:11 am

dundalkfc1903 wrote:
Louth4sam wrote:
dundalkfc1903 wrote:Fake news. The shed is an inanimate object, incapable of abusing anyone. Funny how the boo boys are always in the shed.
Stood behind the dugouts a few times, my goodness there are some grumpy middle aged men there who would make Eamon Dunphy look like an eternal optimist.

Cant speak for any other areas of the ground as don't stand there but there is always one player that lads in the Shed focus on, it was Connolly for the past couple of seasons. I just don't understand the abuse of players it's not like it pushes players to play better

Can you define 'lads in the shed'? 800-1000 people frequent the shed side. In numbers terms what are we talking, 5, 10, 50, 100, the entire shed?? Because I Never heard anything out of the ordinary directed at Connolly over the past 2 years on the shed side. Few moans and groans that any player gets now and again.
Given his level of performance, I would say he got a large amount of patience from the fans

I'm not sure, I didn't conduct a survey or anything but it's very noticable where I stand, towards the Carrick road end of shed. There's definitely the same bunch of lads that have been abusing players for ages. Jamie Duffy, Ross Gaynor got it bad in the past also.

People get very defensive when anything is mentioned about the shed side as if it's an attack on all supporters there
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:27 pm

Somewhere johnny is creaming himself!! Lol.
https://twitter.com/DundalkSport/status ... 54432?s=19
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

dell1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby dell1 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:47 pm

A manager is appointed and a new signing happens covering on and off the field developments...

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:55 pm

Andy Boyle loan expires at Dundee.

His mega-bucks contract at Preston runs to the summer

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/three-leave-the-club/
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneachta » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:48 pm

To say his standards have slipped would be an understatement. Having played with brimming confidence with Dundalk, started brightly with Preston and solid performance with Ireland, change in manager at Preston and no more game time for Andy. It has certainly effected his performances and confidence. At least Daryl Horgan is turning it around somewhat at Hibs but it's amazing how some managers view talented players. Horgan was easily Hibs best player in the Edinburgh derby and got subbed and turned the last two games in Hibs favour as a sub.

Anyway back to Andy, playing centre half with Darren O'Dea with possibly the worst team I've ever seen in the Scottish premier League had not helped. Are you suggesting a return for Andy?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: RE: Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Postby Sneachta » Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:50 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote:Somewhere johnny is creaming himself!! Lol.
This sort of stuff annoys me with journalists and I love it when they get egg on their face. Just report on it when it's announced.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: RE: Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:50 pm

Sneachta wrote:
niall_hearty2000 wrote:Somewhere johnny is creaming himself!! Lol.
This sort of stuff annoys me with journalists and I love it when they get egg on their face. Just report on it when it's announced.

Merely announcing Gill and fyffes returning as sponsor
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:28 pm

I was thinking the 'off the field' item might be a sponsor ok, as its too late with only 6 weeks to go to new season for any ground redevelopment, although there is time to fix the basics.

Maybe Fyffes are coming back, was a major surprise when they moved away, but they did only re-new last season for 2018, so it wasn't locked down. Would be good to have them linked up again as it worked well for both parties.

I'll be very interested to see what the news is mind, as Gavin is never too far away from whats going on. 'Major Developments' is the curious term used.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:01 pm

Caoimhin Reilly trying to fill in the blanks

Dundalk FC to announce Stephen Kenny's successor amidst a managerial restructure this week
Vinny Perth is set to be named as Dundalk FC head coach, with John Gill as first-team coach, this week ahead of the players’ return for official pre-season training on Saturday.

An announcement is expected towards the end of the week, and there could be more news regarding the off-field structure of the club.

It is believed Oriel Park chiefs have identified a new ‘head of recruitment’ to work alongside Perth, Gill and Rúaidhrí Higgins, who is to step into a coaching position, leaving his previous ‘opposition analyst’ post open for appointment.

Regarding the playing staff, former St. Patrick’s Athletic star Chris Forrester has been linked with a move to the champions.

Having starred for Peterborough after signing in 2015, his career hasn’t progressed as hoped. He is currently with Aberdeen in the Scottish Premiership, but playing openings have been scarce this season. The Dubliner is only six months into a three-year deal, though, meaning a fee could be commanded for his release.

Some of this finance could come from Dylan Connolly’s departure. Dundalk are set to recoup much of the €35,000 they paid Bray Wanderers for his services 18 months ago with League One Wimbledon willing to sign the winger.

https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/spo ... -week.html
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneachta » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:15 am

Cillian Sheridan is available. Do we need a striker?

cooney
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby cooney » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:43 pm

Connolly Departs Oriel

Dundalk FC wish to confirm that Dylan Connolly has completed a transfer to AFC Wimbledon.

The winger played a key part in our league and FAI Cup Double last season and joins the EFL League One side for an undisclosed fee.

Connolly, who moved to Oriel Park from Bray Wanderers in July 2017, made 51 appearances in all competitions for the Lilywhites and found the net on 8 occasions, including the winner away to Levadia Tallinn in the UEFA Europa League in the summer.

Dundalk FC would like to thank Dylan for his hard work, commitment and professionalism during his time at the Club and we wish him well in all his future endeavours.

https://www.dundalkfc.com/connolly-departs-oriel/

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:19 pm

Best of luck to Dylan, decent move for him. Having said that, to the untrained eye, I struggle to think of what a scout may have seen that made him think that Dylan was what they needed. I’m not saying he was an absolute flop with us, but can anyone think of an outstanding game he played? I can’t!!
King Kenny!

magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby magarnagle » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:37 pm

colymull wrote:Best of luck to Dylan, decent move for him. Having said that, to the untrained eye, I struggle to think of what a scout may have seen that made him think that Dylan was what they needed. I’m not saying he was an absolute flop with us, but can anyone think of an outstanding game he played? I can’t!!

It's his pace you would think. They are bottom of League 1 so I'd imagine they try to play defensively and hit teams on the break, if so that would suit a player like Connolly. Whereas he was never going to get that space with us, our opposition make the game compact against us and unfortunately he didn't seem to have the technique for that. He could do well over there, hopefully he does

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:20 pm

Good luck to Dylan

Kudos to those involved in facilitating the 'safe passage' of the deal, especially if a decent whack of the initial transfer fee was achieved.

Return to “General Discussion”