2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Post Reply
dell1
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:55 am

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by dell1 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:21 pm

If Connolly is transferred while still under contract rather than with the u23 solidarity type transfer do Bray get anything? It would seem odd to me that they get paid twice for a player even with the solidarity system when we already compensated them with a transfer fee. It would be different if he moved to us on a free out of contract. Assuming there isnt any sell on clause and all that.



Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 5103
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:00 am

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Ezeikial » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:01 pm

Although John O'Sullivan is dedicated to winding up Dundalk fans on Twitter, his recent tweets about Dylan Connolly's transfer may actually reflect the thoughts of many here:
John O'Sullivan
‏@johngosullivan

Had my doubts about Peak6 but if they've gotten someone to pay a fee to take Dylan Connolly off their hands, they're geniuses.
John O'Sullivan
‏@johngosullivan

Congratulations to Dylan Connolly on his call up to the next Irish International Squad.
https://twitter.com/johngosullivan/stat ... 3241059329
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 5103
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:00 am

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Ezeikial » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:17 pm

Former Sky Sports reporter to join Dundalk FC as club's 'head of recruitment'


Former Sky Sports reporter Andy Burton is believed to have joined Dundalk FC as the club's new 'head of recruitment'.

The Englishman has the title of 'Senior Recruitment Consultant' at English Premier League side AFC Bournemouth - who Dundalk owners Peak6 have a stake in - which sees him perform a similar role.

It is all part of a managerial reshuffle at Oriel Park in the aftermath of Stephen Kenny's departure. Earlier this week, Vinny Perth was announced as the new head coach, with Rúaidhrí Higgins (assistant coach) and John Gill (first-team coach) flanking him.

However, it has been agreed that Burton - who has vast experience in scouting and player-data research - will aid Perth and co. with transfers and general player incomings.


Club chairman Mike Treacy has spoken widely about this type of network in the past, with Marco Tagbajumi, Krisztián Adorján (loan) and Karolis Chvedukas purchased as a result.

Burton, who joined the Cherries in June 2016, after 12 years at Sky, is reported to have visited Dundalk before Christmas for discussions, but is expected to remain based across the water.

On the pitch, the Lilywhites will begin pre-season training on Saturday, with a pre-season trip to Spain planned for the end of the month.
https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/spo ... 1w.twitter
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 5103
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:00 am

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Ezeikial » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:22 pm

It's all happening tonight - Mal Brannigan walking or being pushed?
James Rogers
‏@jamesdundalk

Following on from Dylan Connolly's departure being confirmed, Mal Brannigan's is expected soon. A replacement will come in but as revealed before Christmas ex-Sky Sports presenter Andy Burton, now with Bournemouth, will have a role in the club's recruitment process going forward
https://twitter.com/jamesdundalk/status ... 2958903296
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

User avatar
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 3620
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:33 pm
Location: Dun Laoghaire

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Louth4sam » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:30 pm

Ezeikial wrote:It's all happening tonight - Mal Brannigan walking or being pushed?
James Rogers
‏@jamesdundalk

Following on from Dylan Connolly's departure being confirmed, Mal Brannigan's is expected soon. A replacement will come in but as revealed before Christmas ex-Sky Sports presenter Andy Burton, now with Bournemouth, will have a role in the club's recruitment process going forward
https://twitter.com/jamesdundalk/status ... 2958903296
Heard he was being pushed over the Fyffes issue.
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

Wimbledon fan
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:43 pm

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Wimbledon fan » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:14 pm

Hi, as my username suggests Dons fan here. So what's Connolly like? Im guessing that the League of Ireland is equivalent to English league one in standard so directly comparable? Heard he's very quick, as in one of the fastest in the league but questionable decision making and passing/delivery. Rumours we may try him as a Striker off Hanson (big lump). Cheers

marmulade
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by marmulade » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:58 pm

"Fenton"

Blessed with significant pace, but lacking a football brain, and prone to poor decision making. In truth, he was played out of position for most of his time at Dundalk, and is far more effective down the left, where he can cut inside.

A reasonably good finisher, though. Could do well if he is played on the left of a front three, and given little defensive responsibility.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

User avatar
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 3620
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:33 pm
Location: Dun Laoghaire

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Louth4sam » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:01 pm

Wimbledon fan wrote:Hi, as my username suggests Dons fan here. So what's Connolly like? Im guessing that the League of Ireland is equivalent to English league one in standard so directly comparable? Heard he's very quick, as in one of the fastest in the league but questionable decision making and passing/delivery. Rumours we may try him as a Striker off Hanson (big lump). Cheers
Lightening quick but his decision making can be poor. Some flashes of potential but unfortunately didn't turn it on enough. Finished the season as third choice on the right wing.

I'm not sure what style of football you play but Connolly would suit a kick and rush style rather than the possession football that is played here.
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

User avatar
El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2397
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:33 pm

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by El Paso » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:53 pm

Wimbledon fan wrote:Hi, as my username suggests Dons fan here. So what's Connolly like? Im guessing that the League of Ireland is equivalent to English league one in standard so directly comparable? Heard he's very quick, as in one of the fastest in the league but questionable decision making and passing/delivery. Rumours we may try him as a Striker off Hanson (big lump). Cheers
Odd signing for us in hindsight, ideal trying to play quick ball in behind a high line. Struggled badly against the deep defenses we typically play against. Unreal pace and a good finish, no trick or vision to create an opportunity.

Martin Lawlor80
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 212
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:57 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Former Sky Sports reporter to join Dundalk FC as club's 'head of recruitment'


Former Sky Sports reporter Andy Burton is believed to have joined Dundalk FC as the club's new 'head of recruitment'.

The Englishman has the title of 'Senior Recruitment Consultant' at English Premier League side AFC Bournemouth - who Dundalk owners Peak6 have a stake in - which sees him perform a similar role.

It is all part of a managerial reshuffle at Oriel Park in the aftermath of Stephen Kenny's departure. Earlier this week, Vinny Perth was announced as the new head coach, with Rúaidhrí Higgins (assistant coach) and John Gill (first-team coach) flanking him.

However, it has been agreed that Burton - who has vast experience in scouting and player-data research - will aid Perth and co. with transfers and general player incomings.


Club chairman Mike Treacy has spoken widely about this type of network in the past, with Marco Tagbajumi, Krisztián Adorján (loan) and Karolis Chvedukas purchased as a result.

Burton, who joined the Cherries in June 2016, after 12 years at Sky, is reported to have visited Dundalk before Christmas for discussions, but is expected to remain based across the water.

On the pitch, the Lilywhites will begin pre-season training on Saturday, with a pre-season trip to Spain planned for the end of the month.
https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/spo ... 1w.twitter
Aaaaand now he’s not, apparently. That didn’t last long. There certainly seems to be a lot of leaks to local journalists this week . Maybe we should hire a good plumber to go along with the head of recruitment and new CEO

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 865
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:01 pm

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Sneachta » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:07 am

I said before, with so many "journalists" with so many "big announcements", it's just annoying for the supporters and embarrassing for the credibility of the journalists. At the end of the day, they're just like every other Dundalkite and Louthonian....they just love a bit of gossip!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 5103
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:00 am

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Ezeikial » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:16 am

Martin Lawlor80 wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:
Former Sky Sports reporter to join Dundalk FC as club's 'head of recruitment'


Former Sky Sports reporter Andy Burton is believed to have joined Dundalk FC as the club's new 'head of recruitment'.

The Englishman has the title of 'Senior Recruitment Consultant' at English Premier League side AFC Bournemouth - who Dundalk owners Peak6 have a stake in - which sees him perform a similar role.

It is all part of a managerial reshuffle at Oriel Park in the aftermath of Stephen Kenny's departure. Earlier this week, Vinny Perth was announced as the new head coach, with Rúaidhrí Higgins (assistant coach) and John Gill (first-team coach) flanking him.

However, it has been agreed that Burton - who has vast experience in scouting and player-data research - will aid Perth and co. with transfers and general player incomings.


Club chairman Mike Treacy has spoken widely about this type of network in the past, with Marco Tagbajumi, Krisztián Adorján (loan) and Karolis Chvedukas purchased as a result.

Burton, who joined the Cherries in June 2016, after 12 years at Sky, is reported to have visited Dundalk before Christmas for discussions, but is expected to remain based across the water.

On the pitch, the Lilywhites will begin pre-season training on Saturday, with a pre-season trip to Spain planned for the end of the month.
https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/spo ... 1w.twitter
Aaaaand now he’s not, apparently. That didn’t last long. There certainly seems to be a lot of leaks to local journalists this week . Maybe we should hire a good plumber to go along with the head of recruitment and new CEO
RTE's Tony O'Donoghue tweet from last night
Tony O'Donoghue
‏@Corktod

Contrary to reports in local media I understand that Andy Burton will not be taking up a role as Head of Recruitment
https://twitter.com/Corktod/status/1080951258536730628
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1582
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by oldfogey » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:36 am

The whole Andy Burton thing may well have been a red herring in order to identify the person feeding the press.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 865
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:01 pm

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Sneachta » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:51 am

That had crossed my mind too. Nothing like a bit of espionage

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 5103
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:00 am

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Ezeikial » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:11 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Martin Lawlor80 wrote:
Aaaaand now he’s not, apparently. That didn’t last long. There certainly seems to be a lot of leaks to local journalists this week . Maybe we should hire a good plumber to go along with the head of recruitment and new CEO
RTE's Tony O'Donoghue tweet from last night
Tony O'Donoghue
‏@Corktod

Contrary to reports in local media I understand that Andy Burton will not be taking up a role as Head of Recruitment
https://twitter.com/Corktod/status/1080951258536730628
According to Emmet Malone in the Times, while the title may not be correct there is some substance in the initial reports about Andy Burton taking on a recruitment role
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer ... 8?mode=amp
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Post Reply