2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: 2019 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Ezeikial » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:21 pm

@Adam - good to see you post again. I'd almost forgotten about you!

Do you still believe that it is legitimate for some to question the clubs recruitment of foreign players (like you did with Tagbajumi last season), or that these type of questions should only be the preserve of a few select fans?

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:21 pm

As for right back any dedicated right back good enough for us is not going to want to sit on the bench all year waiting for Gannon to get injured. If we were stuck I’d go with three centre backs and the likes of a Mountney at wing back.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:49 pm

Now that Stephen Kenny is gone we have someone to blame for signing all these wasters.

dell1
Reserves
Reserves

Post by dell1 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:04 pm

It seems best that the Chevdukas and his musterious ankle injury are out of the club. There was something off there from the start practically. It is notible how players that there have been question marks about have been moved on this season. SK was probably too loyal to a fault to players he signed even when they werent working out.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:16 pm

With marco you could see instantly that he wasn't interested or motivated to play for us. It was never gonna work out for either party. With chevdukas he had some sort of pedigree to be a current international player. Having said that his highlights promotional video was hardly awe inspiring. Lot of the time it looked like he was playing on a council football pitch with the opposition looking like they worked for the council. Permanently injured so hard to judge him on his time here. Maybe vinny's i won't sign a player based on a youtube video is a reference to these players time in Oriel?
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Martin Lawlor80
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:50 pm

I can’t quote Dundalkfc1903 in my reply for some reason!!
Anyway..

Maybe VP didn’t fancy him and wanted rid. None of us know the squad dynamics I suppose so maybe there was something there. Yes signing Flores is a risk and there seems to have been an overemphasis in his ‘great’ medical and recovery from injury from the coaching staff, but if Chevdukas was a problem it’s better to get rid, regardless of Flores

Dillonman
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Dillonman » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:30 pm

Independant today says UCD have turned an approach from us to sign Liam scales and loan him back for the season.
Drogs are scum!

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:51 pm

Talk that the club still want to bring in two more - defender and wide player. Maybe the right back cover should be a Jarvis type - someone who could slot in as cover for Gannon or Shields.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:56 pm

Dylan Hand signs from Chesterfield. He is a CB from Athboy and was with our u19's in 2016 or 17.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

londonlilywhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by londonlilywhite » Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:59 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote:Dylan Hand signs from Chesterfield. He is a CB from Athboy and was with our u19's in 2016 or 17.

Apparently he was playing as a FB for chesterfield youths.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I miss Kilkenny City

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:58 pm

Cameron Dummigan signs! https://www.dundalkfc.com/dummigan-sign ... ilywhites/

Finally that competition/cover for Gannon you've all been looking for!

Very interesting, and well under wraps with none of the journos flagging it in advance.

Incidentally he played for Oldham in the game against Rotherham a few of us went to see last year when we were hoping to see Towell and McEleney.

Would have to assume that a lot more squad rotation than we saw under Kenny is what could set Perth's reign apart. The lads they've been signing are not lads intended for, or happy to, sit on the bench for extended periods.

dell1
Reserves
Reserves

Post by dell1 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:37 pm

Dummigan is a shrewd signing I think and could be a key man in the evolution of the side as a longer term replacement for Massey or if he dips in form. Gannon would have to pick up a knock for him to get a run at right full as I feel Ganno is likely to get a bit more leeway even if not fully at his best and I doubt Hoare would be put in as a makeshift full back with proper right FB cover now. Jarvis could well be more earmarked for cover in midfield with the couple of early injuries and if the unthinkable happens and Shields has a spell out. Time will tell if Flores shows whats he is capable of. Murray will settle in as both Benson's and McEleney's recovery time becomes clearer. We havent been great as a club for bringing on youth players in to the full time ranks so much so its good to see Hand get a chance from our U19s (via Chesterfield) and Lotefa from Boh's u19 champions side as full time pros and still at such young ages. Mark Traynor is one to watch I believe too. With the rumours of tracking Liam Scales are we adding even more focus on young 'hungry' players. We still have also taken a punt on a player like Flores that has lost his way a bit as in previous years. Taking out the some of elder statesmen of Rogers, Garts, and Massey (yes I know 32 and 30 is far from old lol) we really have a young squad and with serious potential. The balance is good when you consider the amount of experience that Benson et al have at 24 to 27 or so years. If we go on to win the title again this season and add more European experience with the younger age prfile lads like Cleary in this squad and that they will improve I cautiously (in old Dundalk doom merchant, we never do it easy mode) feel that we are set up to keep ahead of the chasing pack for a good few seasons to come.
The only lingering doubt at the moment is around the team management and that's mostly other clubs fans in hopeful thinking as I believe that VP will do nicely!! Players on multiple year contracts mean money in if they turn heads abroad and helps keep the owners financially happy. Throw in the real possibility of annual Euro qualification including a third Euro competition to parachute in to I'm kinda finding it hard to find a downside...on paper or in theory. Other clubs would have a lot of work to do to keep pace financially and not spend big as this era has been damn well timed for us with the serious increases in European money.

Of course all thats missing is New Oriel Park but give it a couple of years and maybe ;)

Theythinkitsallover
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Theythinkitsallover » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:32 pm

Joe Mckee?

Martin Lawlor80
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:08 pm

Theythinkitsallover wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:32 pm
Joe Mckee?
One thing for sure, we can’t complain about the yanks not backing us player wise.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:33 pm

But all joking aside. I know benson and McEleney are injured but how many mf's do we need to sign?