Cork City V Dundalk | Fri 21 Sept | 7.15pm | Turner's Cross

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Johnnybegood33
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Cork City V Dundalk | Fri 21 Sept | 7.15pm | Turner's Cross

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:26 am

First time I have seen Daniel Kelly of Bohs. What a player.I think there will be a long que for his signature. Kirk at full back was another who stood out.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:40 am

Johnnybegood33 wrote:First time I have seen Daniel Kelly of Bohs. What a player.I think there will be a long que for his signature. Kirk at full back was another who stood out.
He has been seriously impressive since he moved from Bray to Bohs in mid season. One to watch
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Smokie
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Smokie » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:24 pm

McNultys Discopants wrote:
colymull wrote:I am neither a season ticket holder this season nor am I going to Cork but if I play devils advocate here for a minute, is it possible that maybe 50/60 people went up to Oriel with say 4/5 ST each? That would put a serious hole in the 300 tickets. Take out the tickets set aside for volunteers and there's probably not too many left. I know that it's unlikely, but we do see it for the European games.
While that isn't an inconceivable situation - it simply didn't happen. The fans were shafted. Plain and simple.
Very conceivable. I was about 6th in the queue for tickets. Everybody ahead of me handed over multiple season tickets. I had 2 season tickets with me.

Ridleys regular
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Ridleys regular » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:05 pm

Who got shafted and where?

I had 5 season tickets and there was 10 ahead of me.
Everyone produced season tickets as was requested on the .ie
Some people like myself got multiples of tickets as they had proper multiple st's as had i

As has been said - there prob is a better way to sort this kinda crap out but i haven't seen it here.and yous are all fecking genius' according to yerselfs :_)

shep
Reserves
Reserves

Post by shep » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:28 pm

Ridleys regular wrote:Who got shafted and where?

Some people like myself got multiples of tickets as they had proper multiple st's as had i

As has been said - there prob is a better way to sort this kinda crap out but i haven't seen it here.and yous are all fecking genius' according to yerselfs :_)
Well 12 mates of mine are heading down on the piss to the game. Two of them have season ticket..neither queued but they got 12 tickets in the bag. That’s not conjecture,that’s fact. The old nod and wink act in full flow. Didn’t want to go back over this as it’s all going to be grand because of the Cork result. But the handling of the tickets that arrived was farsical. I’m glad nobody will now miss out now.

Also my best mates Uncle(a season ticket holder) asked for two extra for his brother returning from England and his son and was duly looked after and handed 3 tickets without question.

Unfortunately a lot of fans are pissed off on the back of this and the only good thing is that I am sure the negative reaction to how it was handled will ensure a different approach on the next rare occasion when tickets are in high demand and low supply.

Ridleys regular
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Ridleys regular » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:38 pm

shep wrote:

Well 12 mates of mine are heading down on the piss to the game. Two of them have season ticket..neither queued but they got 12 tickets in the bag. That’s not conjecture,that’s fact. The old nod and wink act in full flow. Didn’t want to go back over this as it’s all going to be grand because of the Cork result. But the handling of the tickets that arrived was farsical. I’m glad nobody will now miss out now.

Also my best mates Uncle(a season ticket holder) asked for two extra for his brother returning from England and his son and was duly looked after and handed 3 tickets without question.

Unfortunately a lot of fans are pissed off on the back of this and the only good thing is that I am sure the negative reaction to how it was handled will ensure a different approach on the next rare occasion when tickets are in high demand and low supply.
Fair play to all who got tickets and cool story etc >>>> no ideas as to how we sort out the problem at hand?

shep
Reserves
Reserves

Post by shep » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:52 pm

Ridleys regular wrote:
shep wrote:

Fair plays to all who got tickets and cool story etc >>>> no ideas as to how we sort out the problem at hand?
Simple enough..one ticket per season ticket holder ..after that it’s general sale. One of the clubs selling points on their season ticket drives is priority tickets.

If the current staff can’t administer such a simple process or feel pressured into holding tickets for mates then we need new people handling the ticketing end of things. No point in having best team on the pitch and trying to make strides in Europe if we can’t handle the simple things off it.

shep
Reserves
Reserves

Post by shep » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:31 pm

shep wrote:
Ridleys regular wrote:
shep wrote:

Fair plays to all who got tickets and cool story etc >>>> no ideas as to how we sort out the problem at hand?
Simple enough..one ticket per season ticket holder ..after that it’s general sale. One of the clubs selling points on their season ticket drives is priority tickets.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:35 pm

shep wrote:
Ridleys regular wrote:
shep wrote:

If the current staff can’t administer such a simple process or feel pressured into holding tickets for mates then we need new people handling the ticketing end of things. No point in having best team on the pitch and trying to make strides in Europe if we can’t handle the simple things off it.
When you say 1 ticket per season ticket holder what exactly do you mean? I see absolutely no problem in a season ticket holder getting tickets for other season ticket holders in conjunction with their own.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

shep
Reserves
Reserves

Post by shep » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:47 pm

I mean you can’t just grab extra tickets for your mates while your at top of the queue. I have no problem with someone grabbing a ticket for a fellow season ticket holder.

Ridleys regular
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Ridleys regular » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:14 pm

thats exactly how it went down shep.the 2nd part of your statement.
people are saying bandwagoners got the tickets but as far as i know,and could see it was all st holders who got them.

shep
Reserves
Reserves

Post by shep » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:34 pm

Ridleys regular wrote:thats exactly how it went down shep.the 2nd part of your statement.
people are saying bandwagoners got the tickets but as far as i know,and could see it was all st holders who got them.
My last comment on the matter ,because we are going around in circles. It certainly wasn’t the case that only season ticket holders got them. Thankfully Bohs have done us a favor and tickets will be no problem. Hopefully there will be a rethink in terms of how to make sure tickets go in the right hands going forward. A scenario where loyal fans were left in doubt while many day trippers were sorted hopefully won’t happen again.

McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves

Post by McNultys Discopants » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:41 pm

Ridleys regular wrote:thats exactly how it went down shep.the 2nd part of your statement.
Nobody is questioning that the people that queued Wednesday morning and got tickets weren't season ticket holders. The simple facts of the matter are that a large proportion of the allocation was siphoned away before these went on sale.

Simples.

Going forward a new loyalty based system based on away game attendance needs to be brought in for the rare situations like this when demand exceeds supply.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:45 pm

I don't live in Dundalk and I'm hearing plenty of stories of lads that got tickets that shouldn't have so I'm very confident there is some truth to it.

I'd be livid if I didn't get sorted and I only was as a mate was off work that day. It's not good enough. The new lads bring a wealth of sports technologies and ideas with them. They've already started selling e-tickets which is a welcome addition this season and I'd be hopeful they will try to come up with a fairer system. A lot of people myself included buy season tickets to guarantee tickets to big matches. If this no longer guaranteed, season ticket numbers will drop
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:55 pm

McNultys Discopants wrote:
Going forward a new loyalty based system based on away game attendance needs to be brought in for the rare situations like this when demand exceeds supply.
This would be impossible to do as tickets are sold by the other clubs rather than by us. I'd go to most of the away games in the Dublin area and a handful of games around the country. There would be no record of this anywhere. There are plenty of lads to drive to every game

Throwing a couple of hundred tickets to supporters club buses would have them falling into the wrong hands again
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter