Cork City V Dundalk | Fri 21 Sept | 7.15pm | Turner's Cross

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Cork City V Dundalk | Fri 21 Sept | 7.15pm | Turner's Cross

Postby El Paso » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:19 pm

McNultys Discopants wrote:
El Paso wrote:
McNultys Discopants wrote: I'd rather rent either of their grounds than "own" our kip any day of the week.

Interesting. So where do you propose we rent? They should be thankful they're so lucky instead of giving us shít. Fans of those two clubs in particular shitpost us all the time with no sense of irony, simply because they're afraid we'll be able to keep signing the best players for a decade.

So should we, like Shamrock Rovers, squat for 22 years on a magical mystery tour and win one trophy until a local authority somewhere rents us a ground in 2040 10 miles away?

Or should we, like Cork City Version 1, leave Oriel Park for a new ground, stiff the builder, get sued, go bankrupt, go crawling to the FAI to be bailed out, then go bankrupt again, start a new club, and thank our lucky stars the FAI are still willing to rent to us?

Whinging about the ground when there wasn't a red cent available for capital expenditure until 18 months ago, and when there isn't a single team in the country able to do anything without significant help from local authorities or the FAI, is pathetic frankly.

If it's the quality of ground you're after instead of trophies well Cork is probably a bit far, but after that I'm sure Shamrock Rovers would only love another season ticket holder.

I'm not in the business of calling anyone a halfwit or anything so I'll not start now....

However you've clearly not understood the point being made. Throwing juvenile insults to clubs over renting their ground or not is well quite frankly juvenile.

Would I choose either ground over Oriel. Absolutely. As would any sane person. Would I choose one of their grounds over winning trophies. Absolutely not. As I would imagine most other sane people.

Thanks for the courtesy, you seem nice...

I'm not insulting anyone. Lucky them that they have such nice grounds to call home. Maybe you don't understand the point as it was originally made? Fans of those two clubs in particular continually mock us about Oriel when they know we're unable to benefit from other people's investment cash and support the way they were. You've decided that reminding them of the irony is juvenile on my part, I don't really care.

McNultys Discopants
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby McNultys Discopants » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:34 pm

El Paso wrote:
Thanks for the courtesy...

I'm merely pointing out that those two clubs in particular have a brass neck continually shitposting about Oriel when we're unable to benefit from other people's cash the way they were.

In fairness that is a valid point.

Still no update on further tickets for real fans is worrying me though. I'm still seething over the shambolic distribution fiasco.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:33 pm

Am I missing something?

Has DFC gone on radio silence about tickets?

Nothing now on the website (at least not that I can see) and the most recent thing on the club Twitter account is a retweet of Cork City account issuing dire warnings about refusing admission to Dundalk supporters

DUNDALK TICKET INFORMATION | @DundalkFC supporters are advised that they can ONLY purchase tickets through their club office. Dundalk supporters who do not have tickets stating "away section" will be refused entry.

https://twitter.com/CorkCityFC/status/1 ... 1125175296
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

shep
Reserves
Reserves

Postby shep » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:54 pm

Ezeikial wrote:Am I missing something?

Nothing now on the website (at least not that I can see) and the most recent thing on the club Twitter account is a retweet of Cork City account issuing dire warnings about refusing admission to Dundalk supporters

DUNDALK TICKET INFORMATION | @DundalkFC supporters are advised that they can ONLY purchase tickets through their club office. Dundalk supporters who do not have tickets stating "away section" will be refused entry.

Ezeikial I would say panic has set in as they have realized that the fans are not stupid and people talk. I am now aware of up to 30 non season ticket holders(and non regulars) that have been sorted,along with a few hundred tickets for a mix of official and unofficial buses.Gonna be interesting to see how they market the season tickets going forward as it seems that having friends in the inner circle is more useful. So it seems sorting out mates is now the ethos in the clubs offices.

grayzer
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby grayzer » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:04 pm

shep wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:Am I missing something?

Ezeikial I would say panic has set in as they have realized that the fans are not stupid and people talk. I am now aware of up to 30 non season ticket holders(and non regulars) that have been sorted,along with a few hundred tickets for a mix of official and unofficial buses.Gonna be interesting to see how they market the season tickets going forward as it seems that having friends in the inner circle is more useful. So it seems sorting out mates is now the ethos in the clubs offices.

Club like an Ostrich burying it's head in the sand.

It's not what you know, or what you are (ie a long tíme season ticket holder /loyal fan), it's Who ya know!!!!

FIANNA FÁIL AND THE BANKS WOULDN'T BE AS CORRUPT AS THIS SHIT!
In Kenny we trust.

magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby magarnagle » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:33 pm

I can understand the frustration of people who have missed out on tickets and hope everyone gets sorted. Reading this thread though the amount of non season ticket holders, non regulars and unofficial buses that have apparently got tickets goes way beyond the number received by the club.

No doubt it's been handled poorly but I think there's a bit of Chinese whispers in play also. Cork seem to be acting the arse also

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:44 pm

magarnagle wrote:I can understand the frustration of people who have missed out on tickets and hope everyone gets sorted. Reading this thread though the amount of non season ticket holders, non regulars and unofficial buses that have apparently got tickets goes way beyond the number received by the club.

No doubt it's been handled poorly but I think there's a bit of Chinese whispers in play also. Cork seem to be acting the arse also

To be fair I don't think Cork are acting the arse. Ok maybe so by sending down so many juvenille tickets v adult tickets ... But unlike in the Uk where it is set in stone thst clubs get a certain % of the capacity this isn't the case in Ireland. So to me if Cork think they can give us the bare minimum thus thinking that by doing this we won't be able to create an atmosphere then that is their right. Equally if they think they can leave a buffer zone and then get some of their fans in the away end then equally they have every right to do so. We would do the same if we were at home in this one. Equally it could all just be their attempt at mind games!
Last edited by niall_hearty2000 on Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:44 pm

I am now aware of up to 30 non season ticket holders(and non regulars) that have been sorted,along with a few hundred tickets for a mix of official and unofficial buses.

Now I know how everyone went along with Jesus' loaves and fishes story.

shep
Reserves
Reserves

Postby shep » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:53 pm

??? I don’t get your point...do you honestly think that a large portion of the allocation has not found its way into the hands of supporters whom (a) are not regulars (b) are not season ticket holders ..and (c) maybe got to 2 or 3 games a year on Tony’s bus. Are you happy with the system?? You have said yourself you bought on ticketmaster.

You are aware that the club put out a message to suggest that season ticket holders could call Wednesday or Thursday on a one ticket per season ticket basis?? There were less than 100 present on Wednesday and tickets handed out were all Juvinile and “sold out” by 10.30.

If you are happy with all of the above then fair enough. And if you don’t believe me that I know a large number of lads who are heading to Cork on the drink and have all gotten tickets through the “friends in high place” method ,then that’s your prerogative.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:31 am

There were 300 tickets, many of which were apparently juvenile tickets. You appear to know where 'hundreds' of tickets went, how many matches the people who got them go to and how each of these people has a connection to someone in the club. Fair enough if you do.

I think the club arsed up by promising their allocation to season ticket holders in the first place. Why should the ones lucky enough to be in a position to queue on a midweek morning get them, for example? That was always going to cause a row.

I wouldn't be surprised if they've been caught on the hop by demand (the '2 days' thing) - it's on the box, kick off is 7:15 and on a Friday evening with the M7 in a heap you'll have to be out of Dundalk by 2:15 at the latest to get down, parked and into the ground comfortably. I didn't think getting a ticket would be an issue to be honest. I was pretty surprised when I logged on the other day and saw all this. So I bought a ticket on Ticketmaster and that'll have to do.

I suppose what all this shows is that the club needs to move with the times and have a membership system for both season ticket holders and non-season ticket holders with ticket allocation linked and clearly prioritised.

McNultys Discopants
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby McNultys Discopants » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:28 am

El Paso wrote:I suppose what all this shows is that the club needs to move with the times and have a membership system for both season ticket holders and non-season ticket holders with ticket allocation linked and clearly prioritised.

If it was done this way there wouldn't have been an issue. The problem is the lies and deception. Tickets put aside for people who didn't have to even bother their arse to go up to Oriel to queue is just fundamentally wrong.

Tigger1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Tigger1 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:00 am

I think you'll find that City handed over 300 tickets with the usual percentage of juvenile ones. Clearly Dundalk fans with no kids attending bought adults ones. I can't understand why that initial allocation was 300.Although the last visit to Leeside I think you handed back some.

OHare
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby OHare » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:22 am

A way some Clubs in the UK manage away ticket sales is that you earn a credit for every away match attended. This is linked to your online membership.
Tickets go on sale online and for example everyone with 6 credits has first option to buy first, then after 12 hours people with 5 credits are next and so on. Then if there are tickets left it will obviously go on General Sale.
Benefit of this is that Loyal away support will be looked after first for tickets for away Games and wont lead to this weeks Fiasco.
Peak6 are involved in Technology so I assume it shouldn't be to hard for them to come up with some sort of online membership system.

shep
Reserves
Reserves

Postby shep » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:26 am

OHare wrote:A way some Clubs in the UK manage away ticket sales is that you earn a credit for every away match attended. This is linked to your online membership.
Tickets go on sale online and for example everyone with 6 credits has first option to buy first, then after 12 hours people with 5 credits are next and so on. Then if there are tickets left it will obviously go on General Sale.
Benefit of this is that Loyal away support will be looked after first for tickets for away Games and wont lead to this weeks Fiasco.
Peak6 are involved in Technology so I assume it shouldn't be to hard for them to come up with some sort of online membership system.

This would be the sensible approach. That way those who have given up their time and money following the team up and down the country don’t get shafted when tickets are in demand.

McNultys Discopants
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby McNultys Discopants » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:50 am

Ssssssshhhh...... can you hear the update from Oriel Park?

Nah?......me neither.

LOYAL FANS - SHAFTED.

Return to “General Discussion”