Cork City V Dundalk | Fri 21 Sept | 7.15pm | Turner's Cross

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

DundalkChampions
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:25 pm
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Cork City V Dundalk | Fri 21 Sept | 7.15pm | Turner's Cross

Postby DundalkChampions » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:55 am

After the tickets been sold out, I hear the club were taking names of people for tickets.

Why was this info not given to all season ticket holders to get their name down!

The silence from the club is a joke!

I know a group of lads who go to most away games and have season tickets with no tickets. Same lads are planning a banner for the UCD game to be put up in town end during the game.
Club wont like it but its needed IMO



oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1496
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm
Has thanked: 186 times
Been thanked: 106 times

Re: Cork City V Dundalk | Fri 21 Sept | 7.15pm | Turner's Cross

Postby oldfogey » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:55 am

OHare wrote:A way some Clubs in the UK manage away ticket sales is that you earn a credit for every away match attended. This is linked to your online membership.
Tickets go on sale online and for example everyone with 6 credits has first option to buy first, then after 12 hours people with 5 credits are next and so on. Then if there are tickets left it will obviously go on General Sale.
Benefit of this is that Loyal away support will be looked after first for tickets for away Games and wont lead to this weeks Fiasco.
Peak6 are involved in Technology so I assume it shouldn't be to hard for them to come up with some sort of online membership system.


This is an excellent idea but has one major problem - how to record when fans attend an away game. It only works if you buy tickets for an away game through the club. If - as with Limerick - you buy directly on line from their website, or at the ground, there is no record.

transitvan
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:48 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Cork City V Dundalk | Fri 21 Sept | 7.15pm | Turner's Cross

Postby transitvan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:52 pm

shep wrote:??? I don’t get your point...do you honestly think that a large portion of the allocation has not found its way into the hands of supporters whom (a) are not regulars (b) are not season ticket holders ..and (c) maybe got to 2 or 3 games a year on Tony’s bus. Are you happy with the system?? You have said yourself you bought on ticketmaster.

You are aware that the club put out a message to suggest that season ticket holders could call Wednesday or Thursday on a one ticket per season ticket basis?? There were less than 100 present on Wednesday and tickets handed out were all Juvinile and “sold out” by 10.30.

If you are happy with all of the above then fair enough. And if you don’t believe me that I know a large number of lads who are heading to Cork on the drink and have all gotten tickets through the “friends in high place” method ,then that’s your prerogative.

Its clear to see there is a click within oriel ,put when this click start pishing on the heartbeat of the club .it is time for change.have been all over this country at games and don't see to many of the click at them,like any business you look after your regulars as a day will come when they might have to look after you .thought when new owners took over this shit would stop., but its clear to see who's calling the shots regarding tickets etc .one of them near had a heart attack when he seen a young fella jumping the wall at a recent game .but sure their end is white collar stuff .time for the owners to wake up and route
these rotten apples from the barrel sooner the better

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2490
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:30 pm
Location: Dundalk
Has thanked: 102 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Cork City V Dundalk | Fri 21 Sept | 7.15pm | Turner's Cross

Postby colymull » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:12 pm

I am neither a season ticket holder this season nor am I going to Cork but if I play devils advocate here for a minute, is it possible that maybe 50/60 people went up to Oriel with say 4/5 ST each? That would put a serious hole in the 300 tickets. Take out the tickets set aside for volunteers and there's probably not too many left. I know that it's unlikely, but we do see it for the European games.
King Kenny!

User avatar
McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:54 am
Location: Dundalk
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Cork City V Dundalk | Fri 21 Sept | 7.15pm | Turner's Cross

Postby McNultys Discopants » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:17 pm

colymull wrote:I am neither a season ticket holder this season nor am I going to Cork but if I play devils advocate here for a minute, is it possible that maybe 50/60 people went up to Oriel with say 4/5 ST each? That would put a serious hole in the 300 tickets. Take out the tickets set aside for volunteers and there's probably not too many left. I know that it's unlikely, but we do see it for the European games.


While that isn't an inconceivable situation - it simply didn't happen. The fans were shafted. Plain and simple.

User avatar
magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 641
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:54 am
Location: Dublin
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Cork City V Dundalk | Fri 21 Sept | 7.15pm | Turner's Cross

Postby magarnagle » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:46 pm

McNultys Discopants wrote:
El Paso wrote:I suppose what all this shows is that the club needs to move with the times and have a membership system for both season ticket holders and non-season ticket holders with ticket allocation linked and clearly prioritised.


If it was done this way there wouldn't have been an issue. The problem is the lies and deception. Tickets put aside for people who didn't have to even bother their arse to go up to Oriel to queue is just fundamentally wrong.


This is a grey area. Not all ST holders live in the town and not all can get off work or other commitments to queue for tickets. Should they miss out because of this? Opinions will differ depending on which side of the fence you're on. The only fair way to do it is to have an online facility for ST holders to buy tickets in advance or when demand outstrips supply a random allocation. I like the suggestion about credits for attending away games but not sure how you enforce it with people paying at the gate etc. We are currently not set-up to do most of this but I think this will improve from next season.

One thing is for sure, someone will be complaining no matter what....

User avatar
seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2478
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2002 12:35 pm
Location: D'Shed
Has thanked: 82 times
Been thanked: 144 times

Re: Cork City V Dundalk | Fri 21 Sept | 7.15pm | Turner's Cross

Postby seand » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:56 pm

Numerous times in the past I've gone to get tickets during the season ticket priority period and my name has literally been ticked off a printed list. Seems that might not have happened this time.

Giving ST holders priority is the most sensible way to do it. I understand the argument that away match travellers might get priority, but frankly travelling to Limerick or Sligo only supports Limerick or Sligo financially, and is difficult to track. It's not like England where you'll only get tickets for an away game by being on the club's away travel database.

User avatar
seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2478
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2002 12:35 pm
Location: D'Shed
Has thanked: 82 times
Been thanked: 144 times

Re: Cork City V Dundalk | Fri 21 Sept | 7.15pm | Turner's Cross

Postby seand » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:00 pm

Incidentally I'm an out of town ST holder and I realistically can't get to Oriel during office hours. I've often bought over the phone during ST priority sales. And one way or another I've never missed a Dundalk match home or away through lack of a ticket. Buy tickets in the home end of any League of Ireland ground if you have to and behave like a normal human being and there'll be no problem.

transitvan
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:48 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Cork City V Dundalk | Fri 21 Sept | 7.15pm | Turner's Cross

Postby transitvan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:16 pm

seand wrote:Incidentally I'm an out of town ST holder and I realistically can't get to Oriel during office hours. I've often bought over the phone during ST priority sales. And one way or another I've never missed a Dundalk match home or away through lack of a ticket. Buy tickets in the home end of any League of Ireland ground if you have to and behave like a normal human being and there'll be no problem.

There should have been no call for any priority selling .que up for tickets level selling for everyone .no holding tickets for anyone except genuine volunteers of the club.as I asked before who give anyone in oriel the right to choose who could attend a ground that had not one thing got to do with them other than the match?

transitvan
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:48 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Cork City V Dundalk | Fri 21 Sept | 7.15pm | Turner's Cross

Postby transitvan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:17 pm

seand wrote:Incidentally I'm an out of town ST holder and I realistically can't get to Oriel during office hours. I've often bought over the phone during ST priority sales. And one way or another I've never missed a Dundalk match home or away through lack of a ticket. Buy tickets in the home end of any League of Ireland ground if you have to and behave like a normal human being and there'll be no problem.

There should have been no call for any priority selling .que up for tickets level selling for everyone .no holding tickets for anyone except genuine volunteers of the club.as I asked before who give anyone in oriel the right to choose who could attend a ground that has not one thing got to do with them other than the match?

User avatar
El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2045
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:33 pm
Has thanked: 213 times
Been thanked: 87 times

Re: Cork City V Dundalk | Fri 21 Sept | 7.15pm | Turner's Cross

Postby El Paso » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:32 pm

You know people have jobs, yeah?

They didn’t expect demand to outstrip supply. They’ve got caught out on that. Hopefully they’ll learn from this.

User avatar
McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:54 am
Location: Dundalk
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Cork City V Dundalk | Fri 21 Sept | 7.15pm | Turner's Cross

Postby McNultys Discopants » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:38 pm

El Paso wrote:You know people have jobs, yeah?

They didn’t expect demand to outstrip supply. They’ve got caught out on that. Hopefully they’ll learn from this.


Random about the jobs but yeah I'm well aware as I took time out from my job to go up to Oriel @ 10am Wednesday. Of course they knew demand would exceed supply - they only released about 80 tickets!!!

transitvan
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:48 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Cork City V Dundalk | Fri 21 Sept | 7.15pm | Turner's Cross

Postby transitvan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:52 pm

McNultys Discopants wrote:
El Paso wrote:You know people have jobs, yeah?

They didn’t expect demand to outstrip supply. They’ve got caught out on that. Hopefully they’ll learn from this.


Random about the jobs but yeah I'm well aware as I took time out from my job to go up to Oriel @ 10am Wednesday. Of course they knew demand would exceed supply - they only release about 80 tickets!!!

Fair enough take that onboard jobs etc.still doesn't explain what give someone in oriel the right to prioritise tickets for season holders and the click in oriel and exempt the supporters who travel far and wide,jobs for the boys and all that .so please stop trying to butter it over with they were caught out by demand. They were caught out alright taking the real fans for fools

User avatar
McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 251
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:54 am
Location: Dundalk
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: Cork City V Dundalk | Fri 21 Sept | 7.15pm | Turner's Cross

Postby McNultys Discopants » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:58 pm

transitvan wrote:so please stop trying to butter it over with they were caught out by demand. They were caught out alright taking the real fans for fools


100%

Anyone got an email address for Mike Treacy? I wonder is he aware of the shambolic situation involving the running of their investment.

DundalkChampions
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 85
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:25 pm
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: Cork City V Dundalk | Fri 21 Sept | 7.15pm | Turner's Cross

Postby DundalkChampions » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:01 pm

transitvan wrote:
McNultys Discopants wrote:
El Paso wrote:You know people have jobs, yeah?

They didn’t expect demand to outstrip supply. They’ve got caught out on that. Hopefully they’ll learn from this.


Random about the jobs but yeah I'm well aware as I took time out from my job to go up to Oriel @ 10am Wednesday. Of course they knew demand would exceed supply - they only release about 80 tickets!!!

Fair enough take that onboard jobs etc.still doesn't explain what give someone in oriel the right to prioritise tickets for season holders and the click in oriel and exempt the supporters who travel far and wide,jobs for the boys and all that .so please stop trying to butter it over with they were caught out by demand. They were caught out alright taking the real fans for fools


Return to “General Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], colymull, El Paso, Martin Lawlor80 and 25 guests