ZOE MURPHY APPEAL BUCKET COLLECTION

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

bigalan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

ZOE MURPHY APPEAL BUCKET COLLECTION

Postby bigalan » Fri Sep 28, 2018 1:34 pm

Not sure if this should be in Non-Dundalk Talk, mods please move if so.

Tonights bucket collection is for Zoe Murphy Appeal. Zoe, is my niece and great niece of Dundalk Historian Jim Murphy. She is 2 years old and has Cerebal Palsy. She was born with PVL brain injury which resulted in being diagnosed with Spastic Quadriplegic Cerebal Palsy at 20 months. This condition affects Zoe by forming a curve in her spine, her hips dislocate also due to muscle tightness.

Why the need to raise money?

Zoe has been accepted as a candidate for life changing surgery in America that will remove the spasticity in her body and will enable her to walk. The surgery is called Selective Dorsal Rhizoromy. Unfortunately this comes at a price of $100,000 (E 86,000) this includes intense physio afterwards for many years. Already there is a campaign all over town and this is just another part of our fundraising efforts. Anyone wishing to donate privately can PM me here or contact me in Goldstar Jewellers, Dundalk.

Thanking you all in advance.

Alan Gray

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: ZOE MURPHY APPEAL BUCKET COLLECTION

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:18 pm

bigalan wrote:Not sure if this should be in Non-Dundalk Talk, mods please move if so.

That's as 'Dundalk Talk' as it gets, Alan

A local girl in need of the support of her community for a procedure that could change her life.

Thanks for highlighting it to us
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Townfan7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Townfan7 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:51 pm

Best of luck with your fundraising in Oriel tonight & more importantly, best wishes to Zoe for the future.

C'MON THE TOWN:

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:33 pm

Best of luck to Zoe, hopefully she gets the treatment she no doubt deserves!!
Best of luck with the fundraising too!
King Kenny!

Johnny Guitar
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Johnny Guitar » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:47 pm

Hi ALan
is there a go fund me page. I cant make the game
poor girl
Stephen Kenny's Black & White Army

bigalan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bigalan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:52 am

A massive thank you to everyone that donated last night. The response really was overwhelming. Once again, the people of Dundalk have come out in support in their droves. Thanks again.

There is also a GoFundMe Page set up.

https://www.gofundme.com/zoemurphyappeal

thecaptain
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby thecaptain » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:49 pm

€2,100 from last night and €1,300 from the staff at the Revenue, absolutely brilliant stuff all round. Great coverage a while back in the media for Zoe as well, it'll get there! I'm sure those looking after the fundraising have plans etc but I'm sure club would give the lilywhite or the YDC as a venue for any fundraisers?
Ian Foster: (On the expectations level at Dundalk): "That's why you want to be involved in management. If I don't do well I'll do my shopping in Newry!"

Ian Foster: Last seen heading for Newry.

bigalan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bigalan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:41 am

thecaptain wrote:€2,100 from last night and €1,300 from the staff at the Revenue, absolutely brilliant stuff all round. Great coverage a while back in the media for Zoe as well, it'll get there! I'm sure those looking after the fundraising have plans etc but I'm sure club would give the lilywhite or the YDC as a venue for any fundraisers?

The club have been absolutely amazing thus far. Special mention to John Mountney who helped put Zoes photo shoot with the players together a number of weeks ago. A number of events are planned for the future and Ill update here when details are confirmed.

The newly formed Quayside Lilywhites SC also made a large contribution yesterday and many thanks to Denis and Vincie form their great support.

I have also updated my signature below to Zoes GoFundMe link

bigalan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bigalan » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:44 am

A fantastic poster was launched today on the Dundalk FC website. Created by Jim Murphy, it celebrates a Century Of Kits of Dundalk FC. Priced at only €10, it is a must for all Dundalk supporters. All money raised goes towards the Zoe fund. Poster available from Oriel Club Shop, The Museum and myself at Goldstar Jewellers, 1 Demesne SC Dundalk

https://www.dundalkfc.com/zoe-murphy-dfc-poster-appeal/

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:04 pm

That’s class

Johnny Guitar
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Johnny Guitar » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:28 pm

Indeed

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Stephen Kenny's Black & White Army

dell1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby dell1 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:38 pm

I shall pop in and buy a couple of those for sure Alan. Not wanting to side track this important thread but 1939 kit is interesting and the '83 one is nice too. If CX+ did up a one off recently maybe they'd do one as a fundraiser for this great cause and others possibly. Have an Orielweb poll and whichever one tops it do a limited number on an order by order basis with so much of the money going to Zoe's fund. Myabe it is too costly to do a small run of jerseys but if the club allowed a few replicas done and CX+ were able it would be a great way of generating charitable funds. The club and CX+ would still be able to launch the club kit as usual, where the specials are for charity!?

bigalan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bigalan » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:42 pm

As Im sure a lot of you know by now, Alan Keane has very kindly put his 2016 Medal and Jersey up for auction. After only posting last night with bids starting at €300, amazingly the bid is now at €1500

Alan Keane
18 hrs
PLEASE SHARE !!!!!!
Calling all Dundalk FC fans or jersey collectors.
I’ve decided to auction off my league winning JERSEY from 2016 along with my league winners MEDAL as a package to a very worthy cause #zoemurphyappeal
Anyone that would like to bid on this can do so by private mailing me or emailing me @[email protected]
The bidding will start at €300
Also I’ll personally deliver this to the highest bidder.
Kind regards,
Keano
Anyone thats unable to bid but would like to donate can do so by clicking on this link
https://www.gofundme.com/zoemurphyappeal

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:47 pm

He’s just tweeted that it’s up to €1800!! Amazing fundraising! For me personally, I think it would be a nice touch if whoever had the winning bid gave Keano his medal back!!
King Kenny!

bigalan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bigalan » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:52 pm

A couple of items over the weekend for Zoe. Dundalk FMs Karl Collins is hosting a fancy dress night in Toales tomorrow (Friday) night. Adm is minimum €5 and fancy dress optional. Lots of spot prizes and a prize for best fancy dress.

We have also, very kindly, been offered a place on Quay Celtics Cube night on Saturday in The Carrickdale. Massive thanks to Aidan (Bridgey) McBride and all involved there.

Jim Murphy's fantastic "Century of Dundalk FC Kits" poster is really flying out. Available from Dundalk FC shop, County Museum and myself in Goldstar priced at only €10, with every cent going to the Zoe fund.

Thank You again to everyone that has helped out and contributed to our fund. We are really overwhelmed by the support Zoe has gathered. All goes to prove once again what we all know, we are the best town in Ireland!

You can follow Zoes progress by clicking the link below

Return to “General Discussion”