Retro Jersey

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Retro Jersey

Post by oldfogey » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:01 am

dell1 wrote:I hope the Harp logo doesnt chafe like the original!!
CX+ Sport production method is to print as much as possible directly onto the material (with the exception of the crest). This included the Fyffes logo so I imagine the Harp jersey will be no different. Those early iron-on patches were never really fit for purpose.

cooney
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by cooney » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:31 am

Out of sheer curiosity, I wonder would permission need to of been sought from Diageo for the use of the logo?

Any copyright experts among us?

lazarus
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by lazarus » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:48 pm

cooney wrote:Out of sheer curiosity, I wonder would permission need to of been sought from Diageo for the use of the logo?

Any copyright experts among us?
As if Diageo are going to complain about the free publicity this gets them,

dell1
Reserves
Reserves

Post by dell1 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:40 am

oldfogey wrote:
dell1 wrote:I hope the Harp logo doesnt chafe like the original!!
CX+ Sport production method is to print as much as possible directly onto the material (with the exception of the crest). This included the Fyffes logo so I imagine the Harp jersey will be no different. Those early iron-on patches were never really fit for purpose.
Ah I know OF, the CX+ gear is very good quality in general and the sponsor logo was almost as good as being stitched in to the shirt. I just have memories of the massive Harp logos on the replica shirts back in the day and after one wash it was like wearing a lump of sandpaper inside the shirt....not so comfortable for wearing actually playing football lol

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:42 pm

There will probably be a bit of craic in the overnight queue on Sunday for the 10am scramble for the retro jersey

https://www.dundalkfc.com/retro-jersey- ... ck-update/
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:39 am

Ezeikial wrote:There will probably be a bit of craic in the overnight queue on Sunday for the 10am scramble for the retro jersey

This is absolutely bonkers. Just take names with sizes and deposits. Once again no forward planning from club in this regard.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sneachta » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:06 am

Online!!!!!
Will someone think of the children????
Online!!!!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:26 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:There will probably be a bit of craic in the overnight queue on Sunday for the 10am scramble for the retro jersey

This is absolutely bonkers. Just take names with sizes and deposits. Once again no forward planning from club in this regard.
Should there be a queue formed for the taking of names and deposits?
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:01 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
niall_hearty2000 wrote:

Ezeikial what point are you trying to make exactly? They are limiting the number of jerseys they are manufacturing incase they are left with excess stock. People queued up 2 weeks ago for the jersey and it sold out leaving people empty handed. The exact dame scenario could transpire again with this release. So as I say to avoid all this, simply take names, sizes and deposits in advance of the release of jersey. Problem solved quite easily. Or do you not agree??
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:10 pm

I’m not sure excess stock is the issue. Could be supply chain, might be all their supplier would commit to deliver on time. Might also be a (misguided) attempt to avoid excess stock of some of the other merch already bought in.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:44 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:
niall_hearty2000 wrote: This is absolutely bonkers. Just take names with sizes and deposits. Once again no forward planning from club in this regard.
Ezeikial what point are you trying to make exactly? They are limiting the number of jerseys they are manufacturing incase they are left with excess stock. People queued up 2 weeks ago for the jersey and it sold out leaving people empty handed. The exact dame scenario could transpire again with this release. So as I say to avoid all this, simply take names, sizes and deposits in advance of the release of jersey. Problem solved quite easily. Or do you not agree??
Relax a little, I was only having a bit of a laugh at the farce that might well reoccur.

But, if the jerseys are limited and deposits were being taken for Xmas delivery, would this not lead to a queue too and disappointed fans?

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:16 pm

But ezeikial that's the point i am trying to make. If they took deposits and names sizes etc then the club won't be left with surplus stock and there will be no fans left disappointed. Christmas and Santa lists put extra demand on items...

dell1
Reserves
Reserves

Post by dell1 » Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:43 pm

Jerseys may not be delivered in time for Christmas but this would imply that at some point in the new year there will be opportunity for people to get their hands on this retro shirt among others.

"In the new year we hope to explore a new range of classic retro jerseys and will seek input from supporters into these designs".

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:58 pm

As a wannabe football hipster the thought of some of our older shirts being reproduced is exciting and marketed correctly could be a nice little earner for the club. White with various black trims is both timeless and iconic.

shedboy4life
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by shedboy4life » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:32 am

dell1 wrote:Jerseys may not be delivered in time for Christmas but this would imply that at some point in the new year there will be opportunity for people to get their hands on this retro shirt among others.

"In the new year we hope to explore a new range of classic retro jerseys and will seek input from supporters into these designs".
The red away jersey from 91 is a classic. As well as the double winning jersey from 79. With a history such as ours every decade has a classic jersey that can be identified with a piece of silverware nearly.

One that might be a little obscure isn’t a jersey but the white cup final tracksuit top worn in 79 with a hood. Black, red and white trim on the sleeve if I recall correctly. Nice, stylish and timeless.
The natural balance of Irish football has returned for good.