2019 Season - Preview, Fixtures & Attendances

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: 2019 Season - Preview, Fixtures & Attendances

Post by Ezeikial » Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:02 pm

Interesting debate about this on Twitter involving Gavin McLaughlin, Owen Cowzer and others

https://twitter.com/DundalkSport/status ... 4161464320

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

James09
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by James09 » Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:31 pm

Interesting interview with Vinny Perth on Off the Ball this evening.

https://youtu.be/_dG7XEMtxcA
▒▓██ D █ U █ N █ D █ A █ L █ K █ F █ C ██▓▒

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:24 pm

James09 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:31 pm
Interesting interview with Vinny Perth on Off the Ball this evening.

https://youtu.be/_dG7XEMtxcA
Very interesting to hear him say he would have liked to gone with Stephen, and also that the owners told him very quickly they wanted him to take over.

Really enjoyed listening to it.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sneachta » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:53 am

Really Great interview. Excellent flow to his thoughts and opinions.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:21 am

Dundalk boss Vinny Perth 'disappointed' that he wasn't part of Stephen Kenny's Ireland plans
https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer ... 40407.html
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by colymull » Fri Mar 22, 2019 5:57 pm

I always thought Kenny would've taken Vinny with him. As he said himself he probably wouldn't have got the assistant manager job but perhaps a coaching role. I wonder did the FAI tell Kenny it was only him they wanted, I reckon Robbie Keane will be still there whenever Kenny gets the top job.
King Kenny!

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:51 pm

Not sure I’ll ever be convinced the FAI wanted Kenny at all.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:32 pm

After tomorrow here's our next series of fixtures until we play Shamrock Rovers on 26th April:

Fri 5 Apr - 7:45 St Patricks A Richmond Park
Fri 12 Apr - 7:45 Sligo Rovers Showgrounds
Mon 15 Apr - 7:45 Bohemians Oriel Park
Fri 19 Apr - 7:45 Finn Harps F.C. Oriel Park
Mon 22 Apr - 3:00 UCD UCD Bowl

While a draw would be an acceptable result in Inchicore, I'd be hopeful we could get maximum points from that run. Lots of ifs here - but *If* we do, and Rovers drop any points at all in the meantime, the match on the 26th will become huge and a win would see us go top with a game in hand. It's a massive four weeks for the club and an opportunity to stamp our authority on the League.

dell1
Reserves
Reserves

Post by dell1 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:28 pm

Its doable and will be some statement to take 18 points with such a demanding schedule. The way the season is so front loaded its as important to get a run going now as it is to be on form for the run in. Getting players back from injury and being able to rotate the starting 11 up will be key.
Pats are stuttering a bit relative to their early season epectations and their fans having a confidence wobble too, if we show anything like the sort of form we did against Waterford I feel we will win in Inchicore. Harps at home we can stretch and get in behind their defensive setup compared to the heavy and narrowed Finn Park pitch, our form has picked up from that away draw also. Sligo is a bit of a banana skin, they are not a typical Buckley footballing side and have a more 'cynical' edge to them. That one will need a battling type performance that could do with Shields back in the side. The quick turnaround and Monday night fixture will impact Bohs more than ourselves so i'd be pretty confident of a win. UCD could well be the toughest of the lot as much due to being a 5th game in 17 days and that they are a better side than their current position suggests imo.
Obviously other sides are dealing with the same too but with ourselves and the amount of injuries we've had a lot will depend on how players have recovered during the mini break. A good win tomorrow night will start the unbeaten run nicely!

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:04 am

Short bit in the Democrat. The one thing I'd say about this point of view is that we spent nearly all of last season saying they had more gears, and they never really showed that. They didn't have to domestically, but it was obvious in Europe. It would be nice if the 'more to come' actually got here.

https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/spo ... -says.html
Dundalk FC head coach Vinny Perth has silenced some of his doubters, captain Brian Gartland says.

The Lilywhites are improving week-by-week, despite missing a number of key players along the way, but the skipper insists “there is a lot more to come”, ahead of an eight-game April.

“It’s a brilliant start for him – it’s a brilliant start for all of us,” the 32-year-old added. “It has been a great season so far. I think we are only about two-thirds of our potential reach. We have got so much more to give, so much more to do, and so much more to improve.

“We’re going nicely, but we’re not content and we’re not set in our ways. There is a lot more to come from us and we’re hoping to show that over the next month or so.”

Dundalk face St. Patrick's Athletic in Inchicore on Friday night.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Mon May 13, 2019 12:15 pm

Interesting article in the Irish Mirror based on an interview with Dean Jarvis
Dean Jarvis opens up on struggles since Dundalk move after encouraging start to the season
His switch to Dundalk last season was an eye-opener as he struggled for starts but the defender now understands what’s required of him to be successful
https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer ... s-15487270

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Wed May 22, 2019 7:00 pm

Interesting stat on the Twitter:
@niallnewberry
In his 18 matches in charge, Vinny Perth has guided Dundalk to 12 wins and 40 points in the #LeagueOfIreland. The only other manager in the club's history to win 12 games from their first 18 was Alan Fox way back in the 1966/67 season.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Thu May 23, 2019 4:42 pm

Fixture list about to go to shite. Three Waterford matches postponed and they’ll go 35 days without a game right in the middle of the season. Our UCD match postponed as expected.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:20 am

Mid season review by the Demo has Sean Gannon as poty so far.

Can't say that I agree with their assessment of Sean Murray performances to date

https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/spo ... wards.html

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Robbiedundalk2 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:53 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:20 am
Mid season review by the Demo has Sean Gannon as poty so far.

Can't say that I agree with their assessment of Sean Murray performances to date

https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/spo ... wards.html
Murray has some important goals and was very good until he got injured and has not played fully fit as yet. Think he has done enough to show he has quality and will add to the team. Probably done more than Adjoran at this stage last season who only stared to blossom in the few games before he was off but had showed in flashes he had quality. I think Murray is probably ahead of him at this point. Hope he plays against Rovers and puts Byrne in his place. Time will tell