New Manager

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: New Manager

Postby Ezeikial » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:53 pm

It seems to have gone very quiet on the manager speculation front.

Can't figure out if that is a positive or a negative

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:19 pm

I was thinking the same, but I'd be more of the opinion it's probably a good thing, as P6 more than likely want to take their time and get it right. The radio silence in the last few days has probably seen one thing move on, I don't think Vinny is in the running anymore for no 1 (and I could be very wrong) but I would absolutely make it a condition for the incoming guy that he already has a no 2, Vinny. I think it's vital he stays put, he has an excellent relationship and respect with the players.

So who is getting the job?

Johnny Guitar
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Johnny Guitar » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:58 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote:
oldfogey wrote:
niall_hearty2000 wrote:It would still be a no fogey... we had him once.and once was enough.

I respect your view that he might not be the right person now but - to expand on the words of a knowledgable man - once was enough to get us promoted.

By default... only for limerick scoring in 90th min..

soory niall but that isnt true, the season was played out over 36 games not one match. WE still had a job to do in Kildare.

Also did we not win league in 95 because liam coyle didnt bring his scoring boots to athlone
Stephen Kenny's Black & White Army

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:53 pm

Brian Kerr makes his managerial ambitions fairly clear in today's Irish Mirror
A title-winning St Pat’s boss, Kerr has ruled out a return to management in the League of Ireland.

But he has left the door open to offers from elsewhere.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer ... p_AppShare
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Dundalk10
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dundalk10 » Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:16 pm

Stephen Staunton's black & white army

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby mike » Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:58 pm

I’ve no problems with the club taking well into next week to get the right man in. I still think Perth should be involved,even if this means continuing in his current role.

Hopefully there is a good choice out with there with good recent experience that they have thought of and they will start to get things moving next week.

If they can get a way around Vinny not having his badges but being able to do them next season (before last season this was possible) then him and another to join him in the mgt team might be the safest option, possibly in a short term deal with a view to re-new. I recall when Fenlon took over from Keely at Shels when they had won the league, he got a short term deal, possibly one season.

The last thing we need is a wild gamble choice at this stage.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:58 am

I think the badges thing is overstated. It’s easy to call Perth ‘head coach’ and someone else ‘team manager’ whose role is more background. My feeling is that this is what the club has decided and the team manager / DOF role is what they’re working on. That person cab be hired any time in the next couple of months. Perth will be the one taking pre season.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:35 am

El Paso wrote:I think the badges thing is overstated. It’s easy to call Perth ‘head coach’ and someone else ‘team manager’ whose role is more background. My feeling is that this is what the club has decided and the team manager / DOF role is what they’re working on. That person cab be hired any time in the next couple of months. Perth will be the one taking pre season.

It may even be possible to have VP installed without a pro-licence on a temporary 'manager' basis for 10 weeks into the season. Not desirably obviously, but it does illustrate that if they have decided on going the direction of VP as Head Coach, it is not as immediately pressing to appoint a DoF/Team Manager

McGregor
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby McGregor » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:00 pm

Difficult decision to make here. Vinny Perth has made a huge contribution but ultimately the success was down solely to SK and his vision, doesn't necessarily follow that the assistant should step up.
Also don't think VP in a head coach role with a false DoF or manager is good enough, we're the best team in the country ffs not a mickey mouse organisation anymore, you go and get the best person available to you.
You have to question why after 6 years with the club has the first team coach not got his pro licence, same goes for Higgins or whoever else is part of the set up, it should be a minimum requirement. Was there a situation a few years ago where Gerry Spain was named as assistant manager due to similar problems.

Dundalk10
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dundalk10 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:02 pm

VP will still be 'the manager' but won't have that title. The badger holder will have the title.
At the minute that's going to be Neville or Staunton. Things can change but as of last night it's more likely it'll be Staunton.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneachta » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:56 pm

Staunton????? You're having a laugh kid! Not gonna happen

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

londonlilywhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby londonlilywhite » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:07 pm

Dundalk10 wrote:VP will still be 'the manager' but won't have that title. The badger holder will have the title.
At the minute that's going to be Neville or Staunton. Things can change but as of last night it's more likely it'll be Staunton.

The idea of Steve Staunton getting any role with Dundalk is ludicrous. I’ll tell you this now, he has no talent as a coach or manager and an organisation like P6 are not going to pay anyone to sit on there hands. Do we really want him anywhere near the club, except as a fan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I miss Kilkenny City

Johnnybegood33
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:12 pm

No , Staunton has no experience in League of Ireland, we have Perth , Higgins , O Donnell , Gartland . Player manager route etc. Guys that have been around the success for last 5 years.

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:29 pm

extratime.ie article with lots of nonsensical stuff and the odd interesting snippet

Who will replace Stephen Kenny as Dundalk manager? We look at seven potential candidates

http://www.extratime.ie/articles/21992/ ... m=facebook

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:40 pm

McGregor wrote:Difficult decision to make here. Vinny Perth has made a huge contribution but ultimately the success was down solely to SK and his vision, doesn't necessarily follow that the assistant should step up.
Also don't think VP in a head coach role with a false DoF or manager is good enough, we're the best team in the country ffs not a mickey mouse organisation anymore, you go and get the best person available to you.
You have to question why after 6 years with the club has the first team coach not got his pro licence, same goes for Higgins or whoever else is part of the set up, it should be a minimum requirement. Was there a situation a few years ago where Gerry Spain was named as assistant manager due to similar problems.

The question you’re asking has been answered by people here at least half a dozen times at this stage.

you go and get the best person available to you.

Lol. Why didn’t anyone else think of that?

Return to “General Discussion”