New Manager

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

fastnbulbous
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: New Manager

Postby fastnbulbous » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:18 pm

colymull wrote:Kevin Blackwell 2nd favourite at 13/5 with PP. Could it be him and Vinny?

With the Ireland job being filled so quickly, the bookies will be flying lots of kites hoping to suck in some silly bets over the coming days.

With Perth unqualified to take the mgrs job, are the bookies going to pay out on him if he ends up as head coach with a DOF who has the badges sitting at the "top"?

Again, I think the bookies are chancing their arm in even offering odds on him getting the "managers" job ...

Ezeikial
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Ezeikial » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:04 pm

Just being away on holidays can be enough for the odds to tumble...

James Rogers
‏@jamesdundalk

John Gill's odds of becoming the next Dundalk manager have gone from 66/1 yesterday to 4/1 today. I spoke to him last night and he said he has been in Fuerteventura for the past 10 days and “hadn’t heard or been in touch with anyone regarding football.”

https://twitter.com/jamesdundalk/status ... 2851532806
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Dundalk10
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Dundalk10 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:35 pm

colymull wrote:Kevin Blackwell 2nd favourite at 13/5 with PP. Could it be him and Vinny?

Blackwell is by all accounts, an absolute bollox. From what you can read of him in a quick Twitter search, I'd hate to see him at the club.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneachta » Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:57 pm

Interesting comments from carsley in reference to his coaching career and in between the lines the absolute digs struck into the lower rib cage at the FAI and structures in place here in Ireland.

This guy would be an absolute visionary coach for Dundalk. Alas, I don't think we would be able to get someone of his calibre

https://the42.ie/4374313

Steve Blackwell would be a step back in time manager wise. Chalk and cheese approach to Kenny. He wouldn't be too long pissin lads off

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

londonlilywhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby londonlilywhite » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:07 pm

https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/spo ... ardon.html

Apparently VP will be the man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I miss Kilkenny City

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby colymull » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:17 pm

fastnbulbous wrote:

With the Ireland job being filled so quickly, the bookies will be flying lots of kites hoping to suck in some silly bets over the coming days.

With Perth unqualified to take the mgrs job, are the bookies going to pay out on him if he ends up as head coach with a DOF who has the badges sitting at the "top"?

Again, I think the bookies are chancing their arm in even offering odds on him getting the "managers" job ...

I heard he started the day yesterday at 33/1 and a couple of small bets went on that brought his odds down. I think the bookies are pulling prices out of the air. I can never remember such betting interest in a LOI manager before so I think if a bookie hears a name mentioned a couple of times they drop their odds, e.g. Jimmy Floyd friggin Hasslebaink!!!
King Kenny!

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:07 pm

It’s Perth. He’s going to be running the first team. The only question is what way the club intend structuring it.

McGregor
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby McGregor » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:49 pm

What about Martin Russell in with VP so. He has the qualifications, experience and plays the game the right way. Really hope that its not just a token appointment (Neville) to meet the FAI criteria. Would far prefer Tom Mohan to Mick Neville, Steve Staunton etc.

Johnnybegood33
Reserves
Reserves

Postby Johnnybegood33 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:18 pm

John Gill now favourite In Paddy Powers . Even money .

Hairy78
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Hairy78 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:04 pm

If John gill gets the job,I will definitely not be renewing my season ticket. Jesus,we got promoted in kildare because limerick scored in injury time,we'd probably still be in the graveyard only for them!!
Lorraine Hearty

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:34 pm

For me the club needs to show ambition and drive to get to the next level which is progression once again in Europe. And for me I don't feel this is the correct appointments. Yes it is nice to have a certain familiarity about the backroom staff but that doesn't necessarily mean we will be a success. Nor would hiring an english manager from some backwater club. Felt we needed to look to the continent to progress in Europe. Look at Larnaca's model for progression.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:57 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote:For me the club needs to show ambition and drive to get to the next level which is progression once again in Europe. And for me I don't feel this is the correct appointments. Yes it is nice to have a certain familiarity about the backroom staff but that doesn't necessarily mean we will be a success. Nor would hiring an english manager from some backwater club. Felt we needed to look to the continent to progress in Europe. Look at Larnaca's model for progression.

Have to agree. A Perth/Gill partnership will be underwhelming for most.
It sounds like a management team that will win you promotion from the first division

McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves

Postby McNultys Discopants » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:00 pm

Hairy78 wrote:If John gill gets the job,I will definitely not be renewing my season ticket. Jesus,we got promoted in kildare because limerick scored in injury time,we'd probably still be in the graveyard only for them!!

Is that right? I wasn't sure - I thought he got us promoted because we won the division and had the best record over 36 games??!

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby dundalkfc1903 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:07 pm

Ian foster has a pro license, didn't he serve as assistant to Paul Cook somewhere?

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:23 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote:For me the club needs to show ambition and drive to get to the next level which is progression once again in Europe. And for me I don't feel this is the correct appointments. Yes it is nice to have a certain familiarity about the backroom staff but that doesn't necessarily mean we will be a success. Nor would hiring an english manager from some backwater club. Felt we needed to look to the continent to progress in Europe. Look at Larnaca's model for progression.

I would be concerned that a European manager would want to bring in his own players. Larnaca might have progressed but only 9 of the squad of 20 that we faced in Oriel were Cypriot.

Return to “General Discussion”