Still Reeling

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Still Reeling

Postby McNultys Discopants » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:47 pm

Johnnybegood33 wrote:Agree , we are not reeling anymore. Time to close thread.

Some people may still be reeling. I for one am still not very happy about how it all went down.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:17 pm

I'm kind of over it now. When I read Delaney's Q&A and it fully dawned on me what he had done it was like throwing up after a night on the beer - horrible feeling at first, but much better now than still being hungover.

Martin Lawlor80
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Lawlor80 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:42 pm

I’m getting more and more angry as the days go tbh. I agree with a lot of what has been written on this thread. To saY SK owes us nothing is horseshit. As Paul1 posted, he was twiddling his thumbs in Inisowen until we came knocking. He absolutely has been our best ever manager and has put us on a sure financial footing but let’s remember if it wasn’t for the DFC board and the complete backing he was given, he wouldn’t have had his chance to shine and get on the FAIs radar.
He dropped us like a hot snot and seems to have gotten over his ‘wrench’ pretty quickly

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:55 pm

Dunno how well known this is but when Limerick got promoted in 2012 they sacked Pat Scully, Before our lads went to Stephen Kenny, Stephen tried to contact Limerick a number of times about the vacancy. The dumbasses didn't even return his calls! And that is absolutely true.

lilywhite66
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby lilywhite66 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:08 pm

No harm lads some on here need to catch a grip of themselves you think someone had died am more worried about the ESB bill, it's like the wife leaving the marriage and your telling the her she was nothing before you got married that nobody wanted her so you took her on now she's leaving you can't handle it because her new lover is better and has a bigger house (Aviva)

dell1
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby dell1 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:29 pm

It's possible that he knew how its was going to look, how his players might feel, how people would question why he would lower himself and take the u21 job after refusing it, knowing that he was a pawn in Delaney's game of self preservation - so like ripping off a plaster he cut ties quickly to minimise the discomfort. He wanted the Ireland job badly and was given the chance with conditions attached and just went for it. He will probably hope to build bridges when the whole whirlwind settles down. I wouldnt be surprised if he has been sitting ringing the whole squad and staff for the last couple of evenings. We move on, he does make a difference to Irish football and we will be claiming that his real break came at Dundalk. Its 21 months down the line but it will be some test of his mettle if he has top LoI players called up and play a part in his plans with the senior side. Maybe Delaney will have moved on to UEFA and the domestic game finally breaks through the glass ceiling. Silver linngs and all that. The chances of this all coming together aren't great but if it did happen we will undoubtedly all be claiming our piece of the credit and will have forgotten the angst of the last few days!

HildaorHoban?
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby HildaorHoban? » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:27 pm

not surprised about the Limerick job, and no harm either. He was a twice sacked manager before Dundalk came calling. Don’t tell me fact he is now ROI (designate) No.1 has nothing to do with Dundalk! Have a bit of pride in yourselves. We are Dundalk Football Club for jaysus sake..

As to reeling? I’m still reeling. But it’s good to discuss it in here and have an honest debate about it. Not the FAI propaganda machine others, including SK, are now peddling.

I feel a chant coming on....

condor
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby condor » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:49 pm

In my humble opinion the FAI will screw Kenny over and he'll never be senior manager. Two/Three
years from now he'll be back managing Derry City and you can take that to the bank :-) I might
even have a little wager on that ;-)

shedboy4life
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby shedboy4life » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:15 pm

Ah well. At least we still have our league and cup double, most talented players in the country, millionaire backers and champions league football to comfort us....silver linings eh?
The natural balance of Irish football has returned for good.

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Shoco » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:16 pm

Sorry I opened this thread, a lot of poop being talked.

I will forever be grateful to Stephen Kenny and wish him nothing but success

HildaorHoban?
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby HildaorHoban? » Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:25 pm

Eh - from my point of view, and maybe others, those of us exasperated at events have a forum to express our frustrations. That’s good surely?

Eh - Dundalk Football Club didn’t begin with Stephen Kenny’s arrival from nowhere, and it won’t end with his departure to nowhere either

FTFAI

lilywhite66
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby lilywhite66 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:29 am

Shoco, your 100%.. SK is a legend and it's a disgrace the way some head cases on this fourm speak of him sad really, in a nutshell it's no one's bussinses what the man and his family decide do or were he goes, He came to Dundalk FC and turned it around he doesn't owe anyone anything and plenty of people made good Money off the back of his success and the fans are left with amazing memory, he's moved on and regardless what we or anyone thinks it's imo for the better for Irish football as a hole he'll be a massive success and bring international football into the 21st century at all levels he's a genius...

Townfan7
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Townfan7 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:59 am

Only now do I feel able to type these few words.

Firstly, a massive thanks to Stephen Kenny for ALL his hard work & success he brought to Dundalk FC. I, like so many others will have brilliant memories of the past 6 years. I also wish him well in particular when he takes over the Ireland senior squad.

Despite all this I'm livid & very, very angry at the manner in which both Delaney & Stephen Kenny conducted themselves over the past week. I'm highly surprised at Stephen Kenny in not giving this matter more thought. I feel he has left himself wide open to be shafted by Delaney & the FAI, no matter what's on paper, this & I hope not, could go pear shaped for SK. Another deep annoyance with me is the way SK treated Dundalk FC, players, staff & fans in all of this. The manner of his departure leaves a bad taste & truthfully I expected better from SK who after all was never left wanting in all his time with Dundalk FC.

As I conclude, we as supporters must & will move on. The club are right to take their time in making the next managerial appointment also, I congratulate the club on their "statement" on all of this, it was perfectly written & it said all that needed to be said. As always,

C'MON THE TOWN:

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Postby niall_hearty2000 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:10 pm

Some people need to take a chill pill on this. Slating kenny.. bottom line is he left us to become senior manager to the Republic of Ireland. That is the short and the long of it. It's not ad if he did a Jim McLoughlin on it, and left us to join a shamrock rovers side in their prime who were our main competitors for titles bsck then. A little perspective please!
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves

Postby McNultys Discopants » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:20 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote:Some people need to take a chill pill on this. Slating kenny.. bottom line is he left us to become senior manager to the Republic of Ireland. That is the short and the long of it. It's not ad if he did a Jim McLoughlin on it, and left us to join a shamrock rovers side in their prime who were our main competitors for titles bsck then. A little perspective please!

Who has slated Kenny?!?!? You're right, people do need to chill - specifically the ones who can't have any form of criticism shown towards Kenny. He has handled his exit badly, a few on here have said that but nobody is slating him.

No one man is bigger that the club anyway. Thanks for the memories Stephen, time for the next chapter and more success next year...

Return to “General Discussion”