Fyffes End 7-year Sponsorship of Dundalk FC

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

lilywhite66
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Fyffes End 7-year Sponsorship of Dundalk FC

Postby lilywhite66 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:50 am

Bad form imo from the kit supplier CX+ trying to off load all the old stock to fans knowing that fyffes were dropping there sponsorship disgrace really taking the p**s. also referring to my eariler post regarding fyffes going, it is a blow they were paying some wages of 3 of the highest earners at the club while SK was on 80k + a year, there is massive out goings at the club peak6 have to be losing money 2 in to 1 and all that.

buster
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby buster » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:11 am

Agree 100 the club must have known this was happening with fyffes , certainly hope there is a good sponsor lined up ,looks very bad from the management point of view,no manager,no sponsor and no news.

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby seand » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:35 am

El Paso wrote:Well if the tags are still on you can return it too of course for a refund

Yes, we'll see how that goes :-)

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:40 am

lilywhite66 wrote:Bad form imo from the kit supplier CX+ trying to off load all the old stock to fans knowing that fyffes were dropping there sponsorship disgrace really taking the p**s. also referring to my eariler post regarding fyffes going, it is a blow they were paying some wages of 3 of the highest earners at the club while SK was on 80k + a year, there is massive out goings at the club peak6 have to be losing money 2 in to 1 and all that.

I'm beginning to think there's something wrong with you. Do you overreact to everything like this in real life?

How on Earth were CX+ supposed to know whether or not Fyffes were going to continue their sponsorship of Dundalk? Dundalk buy and sell the stuff, not them. And every club on the planet sells off old stock at reduced prices, even if sponsors change. If you bought it and don't want it return it; if you want to keep it get the voucher. "Oh no my ugly af shirt released 12 months ago is now out of date because the big blue logo on the front won't be there next season. This is a DISGRACE."

Give me strength...

lilywhite66
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby lilywhite66 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:37 pm

David Minto of CX+ Sport and Martin Connolly Dundalk FC are personal friends in fact they grew up in the same street take your head out of the sand El Paso welcome to the real world.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:39 pm

lilywhite66 wrote:David Minto of CX+ Sport and Martin Connolly Dundalk FC are personal friends in fact they grew up in the same street take your head out of the sand El Paso welcome to the real world.

If your world is the real world fella I'll stay in mine. The perma-outrage seems stressful.

lilywhite66
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby lilywhite66 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:48 pm

Fill your boots pal

buster
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby buster » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:51 pm

Get a grip el paso it's no wonder I don't comment very often , just because someone makes a comment you don't agree with, you try to bully your opinion on every one.I know other supporters won't post opinions here because of thus type of behavior, people are entitled to there opinion please respect that.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:14 pm

I’m sorry you feel that way. I respect thoughtful opinions and enjoy reading them, but not the ‘everything is a disgrace’ brigade and the people who are only interested in conspiracy theories about the club. People can post what they like but if that’s all they have to offer they can expect a response. Sorry if the people you know are intimidated by that.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby oldfogey » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:44 pm

I'm confused here. There is an accusation that CX+ Sport were trying to offload old stock, when the sale has actually been on in the club shop in Oriel. It's quite likely that the last order to the club was a bit on the high side - especially the away jersey which was discounted by €10 in recent weeks. If the club knew there was a change in the offing, why not discount them even more - like now - in order to clear the stock?

We will never know the full story, but it seems a bit odd that, if the club had notice that this was coming, why have they no-one else lined up? At the very least there would have been whispers around the town that the club were looking for a main sponsor.

lilywhite66
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby lilywhite66 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:02 pm

Oldfogey, with respect it's just my personal opinion regarding the selling of old stock to fans from the club shop, I do believe CX knew of fyffes departure and while all clubs around the sell old stock as stated by El Paso not very club

lilywhite66
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby lilywhite66 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:04 pm

Around the world sell old stock as stated by El Paso not every club change sponsor then tell the public after the fact.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby El Paso » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:16 pm

oldfogey wrote:I'm confused here. There is an accusation that CX+ Sport were trying to offload old stock, when the sale has actually been on in the club shop in Oriel.

The accusation appears to be that two named individuals in DFC and CX conspired to defraud fans in full knowledge of the ending of Fyffes sponsorship.

But taking exception to what looks like borderline slander is bullying, apparently.

brodser
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: RE: Re: Fyffes End 7-year Sponsorship of Dundalk FC

Postby brodser » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:40 pm

lilywhite66 wrote:David Minto of CX+ Sport and Martin Connolly Dundalk FC are personal friends in fact they grew up in the same street take your head out of the sand El Paso welcome to the real world.
This is what's known as fake news. You make up a story to suit some bias or to get attention. Why would a huge multi national like Fyffes be discussing their plans with CX. This seems to have come as a surprise to everyone and if CX knew in advance why would they produce so many jerseys when sales would fall and the jerseys would be returned by the club back to CX who would suffer the loss. But you - with no proof whatsoever try and blacken the name of 2 people safe in the anonymity of this forum. If you're so sure about it publish your own name. But keyboard warriors don't do that.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Postby Shoco » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:00 pm

I get the feeling the club were not expecting to lose to the sponsorship deal. For it to happen just before the xmas shop opening seems a bit strange

Return to “General Discussion”