Fyffes End 7-year Sponsorship of Dundalk FC

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Fyffes End 7-year Sponsorship of Dundalk FC

Post by Ezeikial » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:26 am

seand wrote:
That sounds great and I'm not complaining, but it seems extraordinarily high doesn't it? Unless we're in the CL groups how are Fyffes gonna get anything like 100k worth of exposure from Dundalk FC? I don't profess to be an expert in the area, and maybe they have a multi-million euro advertising/promotion budget but it sounds like an immense sum to be putting into any League of Ireland club

That was my initial reaction too, although I found it difficult to interpret the numbers based on what was said in the article. The best I can make out is that Gerry Cunningham has said it is more than €60,000 per year to the club and that the total costs to Fyffes are over €100,000 when other costs are considered - this presumably means management time along with other costs such as promotional videos etc

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:06 pm

There will be plenty of costs apart from amounts paid directly to the club. Additional marketing and advertising, giveaways, supply of fruit to name but three. There was also reference to community initiatives as part of the package. I'm sure we will also see another of their excellent videos before the year is out. Probably a new banner over their front door on the ramparts too.

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Robbiedundalk2 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:39 pm

seand wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:Demo article quotes Gerry Cunningham saying overall cost to Fyffes will be well into six figures per season over the next two years

That sounds great and I'm not complaining, but it seems extraordinarily high doesn't it? Unless we're in the CL groups how are Fyffes gonna get anything like 100k worth of exposure from Dundalk FC? I don't profess to be an expert in the area, and maybe they have a multi-million euro advertising/promotion budget but it sounds like an immense sum to be putting into any League of Ireland club
Part of it will be media value (advertising) and considering our national exposure has been high on TV, Press and Digital, that will make a big dent in €100k. It will also good for Fyffes to have this kind of story in their annual reports - good from a corporate social responsibility perspective and also supporting their "local" community

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:11 pm

Considering the number of barely recognisable hurlers promoting fertiliser and stuff on TV over the years, I don't see why a couple of TV ads couldn't feature our squad, a couple of cracking goals and the nutritious benefit of fruit.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:32 pm

Fyffes and Dundalk FC to host Family Fan Day at Oriel Park

As part of their preparations for the new 2019 football season, Dundalk Football Club and club sponsor Fyffes are teaming up to host a Family ‘Fan Day’ which will take place at Oriel Park at 12noon on Sunday, January 27th next.

Designed as an open doors, free-to-all event, the occasion is designed to attract supporters, families, amateur players and the community alike, allowing all present to get an insight into what it takes to be a championship winning team and achieve success in two of Ireland’s toughest sporting competitions.
More at
https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/hom ... -park.html
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.