The Three Wise Men.

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: The Three Wise Men.

Post by Ezeikial » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:17 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:
dundalkfc1903 wrote:John Caulfield is currently the best manager in the LOI. Let that sink in
Wow - how do you arrive at that conclusion?
Process of elimination. No one else has achieved the success he has.
Liam Buckley has at least 2 league titles and 2 FAi cups in addition to League Cup wins

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:19 pm

Ezeikial wrote:Mike Treacy being quoted by Gavin on Twitter

I'm confused by the claim of working tirelessly to outline our vision for the future of the club to supporters in recent weeks

My perception was that the communication from the club in recent weeks was poor, bordering on pathetic. I assumed that there was good reasons for this radio silence, but apparently MT sees it differently
Gavin McLaughlin
‏@DundalkSport

Mike Treacy: “We are delighted to confirm our new coaching structure. The board recognise that continuity is crucial at the football club, given the levels of success achieved in recent seasons."

"We are convinced that in Vinny, Ruaidhri and John we have a structure in place which will ensure we continue to build upon the success of recent seasons, and achieve the club’s objectives on the pitch."

"We appreciate the patience of our supporters in recent weeks as we have worked tirelessly to outline our vision for the future of the club, and assure everyone we are excited about the future."

https://twitter.com/DundalkSport/status ... 8105230336
Anyone who has worked for a large American company will immediately recognise this type of corporate bluster.
They have outlined nothing.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:20 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
dundalkfc1903 wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:
Wow - how do you arrive at that conclusion?
Process of elimination. No one else has achieved the success he has.
Liam Buckley has at least 2 league titles and 2 FAi cups in addition to League Cup wins
Fair point. That makes me feel better.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:57 pm

Wexford White wrote:
niall_hearty2000 wrote:I posted this in another thread forgetting about this thread. So I'll just repost it here.
Now it has finally been confirmed what is everyone's opinion? For me I always knew it was coming but have to say am very disappointed by it. Club have shown absolutely no ambition with this announcement. We needed to kick on and I don't think this management team have the same drive or determination that Kenny had. Nor do I think the opposition will fear us as much as they did under Kenny. We have gone from the best manager this club has ever had, and possibly the greatest the league has ever seen who became the first Irish manager to win points in the group stages of European Competition, and first Dundalk manager to not only retain a league title but to win 3 in a row and 4 in 5 seasons. For me this is the most alarming aspect from the club's announcement today: "John Gill, who led Dundalk Football Club to promotion in 2008 in his previous spell with the club, will have specific responsibility for the first team, and will be assisted by Perth on first team matters". To me this reads that Gill is in charge and Perth answers to him no matter what way the club want to spin or sugarcoat this.. I hope I am wrong. I know people will say support the club and don't worry I will always support this club through the good and the bad as I have done since I was 5 almost 42 yrs ago. But this decision by our American overlords is very underwhelming and shows they sre unwilling to invest in our club, be that in the infrastructure or a progressive management team. God help us.
How depressing and pessimistic!
I presume you have better ideas......
Depressing how? Are we not entitled to an opinion now? Do you think Gill is a good manager? If so after he left us please enlighten me with his achievements since? Yes we took a punt with kenny but equally he was a proven manager. Gill is not the man we need irrespective of what his role will be or how active it will be..
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Martin Lawlor80
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:01 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote:I posted this in another thread forgetting about this thread. So I'll just repost it here.
Now it has finally been confirmed what is everyone's opinion? For me I always knew it was coming but have to say am very disappointed by it. Club have shown absolutely no ambition with this announcement. We needed to kick on and I don't think this management team have the same drive or determination that Kenny had. Nor do I think the opposition will fear us as much as they did under Kenny. We have gone from the best manager this club has ever had, and possibly the greatest the league has ever seen who became the first Irish manager to win points in the group stages of European Competition, and first Dundalk manager to not only retain a league title but to win 3 in a row and 4 in 5 seasons. For me this is the most alarming aspect from the club's announcement today: "John Gill, who led Dundalk Football Club to promotion in 2008 in his previous spell with the club, will have specific responsibility for the first team, and will be assisted by Perth on first team matters". To me this reads that Gill is in charge and Perth answers to him no matter what way the club want to spin or sugarcoat this.. I hope I am wrong. I know people will say support the club and don't worry I will always support this club through the good and the bad as I have done since I was 5 almost 42 yrs ago. But this decision by our American overlords is very underwhelming and shows they sre unwilling to invest in our club, be that in the infrastructure or a progressive management team. God help us.
VP is given First billing in the official statement. If Gill was going to be in charge and VP his assistant this wouldn’t be the case.
Nowadays many clubs have a number of coaches, assistants or made up roles in order to shoehorn the right people into position. Guardiola and Mourinho are examples of this. I’m not trying to compare us to European superclubs but we wanted to put VP in charge so we need somebody with the badges who HE was willing to work with. From everything I’ve read I believe VP was the one who saw JG as the solution.

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Robbiedundalk2 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:16 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote:
Ezeikial wrote:Mike Treacy being quoted by Gavin on Twitter

I'm confused by the claim of working tirelessly to outline our vision for the future of the club to supporters in recent weeks

My perception was that the communication from the club in recent weeks was poor, bordering on pathetic. I assumed that there was good reasons for this radio silence, but apparently MT sees it differently
Gavin McLaughlin
‏@DundalkSport

Mike Treacy: “We are delighted to confirm our new coaching structure. The board recognise that continuity is crucial at the football club, given the levels of success achieved in recent seasons."

"We are convinced that in Vinny, Ruaidhri and John we have a structure in place which will ensure we continue to build upon the success of recent seasons, and achieve the club’s objectives on the pitch."

"We appreciate the patience of our supporters in recent weeks as we have worked tirelessly to outline our vision for the future of the club, and assure everyone we are excited about the future."

https://twitter.com/DundalkSport/status ... 8105230336
Anyone who has worked for a large American company will immediately recognise this type of corporate bluster.
They have outlined nothing.
They have just outlined the new management team and am sure there was lots going on in the background regarding our friends at the FAI before the club were allowed to go with this solution. I voted for continuity hence happy with Perth and this is the way to make this happen. If Perth had the license I don’t think Gill would be involved. Let’s give the club some credit, they want to make sure we continue to be successful as much as any fan, they have not been sitting on their hands doing nothing. This was a big decision with obstacles in its way. I expect more positive news over coming weeks. Keep the faith

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:33 pm

Robbiedundalk2 wrote: They have just outlined the new management team and am sure there was lots going on in the background regarding our friends at the FAI before the club were allowed to go with this solution. I voted for continuity hence happy with Perth and this is the way to make this happen. If Perth had the license I don’t think Gill would be involved. Let’s give the club some credit, they want to make sure we continue to be successful as much as any fan, they have not been sitting on their hands doing nothing. This was a big decision with obstacles in its way. I expect more positive news over coming weeks. Keep the faith
I agree with all you say and have not lost faith.

But the original comment that you quoted was questioning this aspect of the Mike Treacy comment according to Gavin McLaughlin's tweet-
Unless I have missed some series of communications, this is utter bull$hit.

I'll be dead happy if someone can point me towards how and where the club have been communicating a vision for the future of the club to supporters in recent weeks
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Shoco » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:46 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote:
VP is given First billing in the official statement. If Gill was going to be in charge and VP his assistant this wouldn’t be the case.
Nowadays many clubs have a number of coaches, assistants or made up roles in order to shoehorn the right people into position. Guardiola and Mourinho are examples of this. I’m not trying to compare us to European superclubs but we wanted to put VP in charge so we need somebody with the badges who HE was willing to work with. From everything I’ve read I believe VP was the one who saw JG as the solution.
I think this is the most important point, it’s who VP wants, if the club want to make VP manager then they have back him and give him the people he wants so he can do his job, we all know he needed someone with the badges, so if this is who our new manager wants then that good enough for me.

We have no idea what JG will be doing on a day to day basis, all we know is that on a match day he will either be in the dug out or in the stand watching.

Martin Lawlor80
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:48 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Robbiedundalk2 wrote: They have just outlined the new management team and am sure there was lots going on in the background regarding our friends at the FAI before the club were allowed to go with this solution. I voted for continuity hence happy with Perth and this is the way to make this happen. If Perth had the license I don’t think Gill would be involved. Let’s give the club some credit, they want to make sure we continue to be successful as much as any fan, they have not been sitting on their hands doing nothing. This was a big decision with obstacles in its way. I expect more positive news over coming weeks. Keep the faith
I agree with all you say and have not lost faith.

But the original comment that you quoted was questioning this aspect of the Mike Treacy comment according to Gavin McLaughlin's tweet-
Unless I have missed some series of communications, this is utter bull$hit.

I'll be dead happy if someone can point me towards how and where the club have been communicating a vision for the future of the club to supporters in recent weeks
“Working tirelessly to outline our vision for the future of the club” could mean the board getting the correct management structure in place. Promoting from within is the vision . A number of obstacles made that vision challenging so they the club worked tirelessly to overcome them. MT doesn’t mention anything regarding communication. In fact he thanks the fans for their patience which leads me to believe he knows there has been some frustration among supporters since SK left.

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Wexford White » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:56 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote:
Wexford White wrote:
How depressing and pessimistic!
I presume you have better ideas......
Depressing how? Are we not entitled to an opinion now? Do you think Gill is a good manager? If so after he left us please enlighten me with his achievements since? Yes we took a punt with kenny but equally he was a proven manager. Gill is not the man we need irrespective of what his role will be or how active it will be..
I never suggested that you were not entitled to an opinion. Of course you are and so am I. Irrespective of his recent achievements or - lack thereof - I still regard Gill as a good manager. Not in the Kenny class, but then again, who is?. I do not agree with your opinion that Gill will be in overall charge. I believe Perth will be in overall charge - if not in name, then certainly in effect.
Be positive! It's going to work!
The Back of the Wall

Johnnybegood33
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:59 pm

Delighted with appointments, best of luck Vinny , John , & Ruari .

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:33 pm

Don’t see why the focus is on Gill. Perth is in charge, not Gill.

My attitude is entirely if it’s not broke don’t fix it. The top class managers the people banging on about ambition seem to think were queuing up for the job don’t exist. Chancers in the mould of a Brian Laws were ten a penny and we did well to steer clear.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:39 pm

I don’t read that quote about ‘vision for the club’ as a claim that it was communicated with supporters, to be honest. Reads more like it was done internally and they’re just telling us that. I’m also well used to that from my American overlords.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:42 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote:
“Working tirelessly to outline our vision for the future of the club” could mean the board getting the correct management structure in place. Promoting from within is the vision . A number of obstacles made that vision challenging so they the club worked tirelessly to overcome them. MT doesn’t mention anything regarding communication. In fact he thanks the fans for their patience which leads me to believe he knows there has been some frustration among supporters since SK left.
Your agility to give it that slant is impressive if implausible.

"Outline our vision" is a tall order without communication of some sort. Obviously this visionary stuff excludes the great unwashed.

At best its poorly worded, but it smacks of disingenuous spin.

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Shoco » Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:34 pm

So our new management is announced, and all you can do is moan about the wording.

Happy new year