Branigan Out

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

marmulade
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:19 pm

Branigan Out

Post by marmulade » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:54 pm

https://www.dundalkfc.com/chief-executi ... undalk-fc/

A terse statement from the club. It seemed on the cards since the Fyffes debacle, though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk



dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 3976
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:27 pm

Re: Branigan Out

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:15 pm

All part of the vision.
Manager leaves, fake manager appointed, sponsor leaves, sponsor returns, CEO leaves....
Some plan

lilywhite66
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:13 am

Re: Branigan Out

Post by lilywhite66 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:44 pm

CEO was sacked for trying to bully fyffes.

User avatar
El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2397
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:33 pm

Re: Branigan Out

Post by El Paso » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:49 pm

Alternatively: Highly successful manager leaves, assistant replaces him, title winning squad fully signed up with two quality additions and some cash comes in for the third choice right winger. Oh, and some admin guy none of us could specify what he added of value moves on after 12 months.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 3976
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:27 pm

Re: Branigan Out

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:55 pm

lilywhite66 wrote:CEO was sacked for trying to bully fyffes.
Probably delete that if I was you..

User avatar
El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2397
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:33 pm

Re: Branigan Out

Post by El Paso » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:01 am

He didn’t delete the one where he accused two named men in the club and CX+ of knowing Fyffes were leaving and conspiring to defraud fans buying the Fyffes branded shirts.

dell1
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 282
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:55 am

Re: Branigan Out

Post by dell1 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:31 am

marmulade wrote:https://www.dundalkfc.com/chief-executi ... undalk-fc/

A terse statement from the club. It seemed on the cards since the Fyffes debacle, though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Jaysus you are not kidding! Ive never seen a Dundalk FC statement released that seems to say so much by saying so little. The Fyffes things was always odd whether it has anything to do with this or not. That or MB has gotten a better job and just left quickly....

Odd goings on at the club with the about turn of Fyffes in particular.

marmulade
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Branigan Out

Post by marmulade » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:23 am

I have to say, I'm particularly disappointed by Brannigan's performance over the 12 months. Of all of the new cohort, I thought that having a full-time, professional CEO would give the biggest boost to the football club, in terms of what could be achieved off the field. However, short of fixing the puddle and laying down some tarmac, nothing of note has been done, announced, or even floated.

If anything, things went a little backwards, and in December, it seems like he hit the accelerator. A bit of a dud. Hopefully the management can find a suitable replacement, who will offer more.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

User avatar
bigalan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 699
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:56 pm

Re: Branigan Out

Post by bigalan » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:57 am

Easy to say it now, but when Mal Brannigan was appointed, I was told of his wealth of experience with a large number of clubs. Now, when I hear of people that have gone through so many jobs, you have to ask why? If he was so good why did he move on so much? Looking at it from the outside, its probably no surprise after what happened with Fyffes. The buck stops with the CEO.


Moving forward, hopefully last nights departure is the last of a winter of disruption. We have, for the first time in years, held on to our entire squad more or less and added a couple of decent players. Id expect maybe 2 more over the coming weeks. Once again we are the team to beat. With Cork somewhat downsizing, Rovers may be our main threat this coming season. Pats and Sligo have made some decent and interesting additions and will take points of everyone at some stage.

If we get off to a flyer, there will be no stopping us in my humble opinion

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1582
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Re: Branigan Out

Post by oldfogey » Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:34 pm

bigalan wrote:Easy to say it now, but when Mal Brannigan was appointed, I was told of his wealth of experience with a large number of clubs. Now, when I hear of people that have gone through so many jobs, you have to ask why? If he was so good why did he move on so much? Looking at it from the outside, its probably no surprise after what happened with Fyffes. The buck stops with the CEO.
I've been through enough acquisitions - from both sides - to know that, in a lot of cases, the likes of Mal Brannigan have a title, but no real power. Over something as major as main sponsor I would be fairly sure he was following instructions. It may be well have been over money, it could just as easily have been over the lack of forward momentum off the pitch, or just the indication of a jersey change after only one season.

You get the feeling that, with Fyffes, the sponsorship is more than just a business arrangement, and they have a strong interest in the well-being of the club as well. Their support pre-dates both the current and previous owners, and you suspect Peak6 were caught off guard when Fyffes made a stand.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 5103
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:00 am

Re: Branigan Out

Post by Ezeikial » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:52 pm

oldfogey wrote:
bigalan wrote:Easy to say it now, but when Mal Brannigan was appointed, I was told of his wealth of experience with a large number of clubs. Now, when I hear of people that have gone through so many jobs, you have to ask why? If he was so good why did he move on so much? Looking at it from the outside, its probably no surprise after what happened with Fyffes. The buck stops with the CEO.
I've been through enough acquisitions - from both sides - to know that, in a lot of cases, the likes of Mal Brannigan have a title, but no real power. Over something as major as main sponsor I would be fairly sure he was following instructions.
The optics certainly make it appear that the sponsorship issue is the main cause for his departure.

If he was actually moved on, following instructions is hardly ever a valid reason or scenario; or even to facilitate someone to "pursue other opportunities"
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 193
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:18 am

Re: Branigan Out

Post by Robbiedundalk2 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:45 pm

I was hoping for a quiet off season, team signed up, two trophies in the cabinet, all good in the world. All the kerfuffle of late can't me helping overall longer-term planning! But change happens at all clubs even the most stable.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1582
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Re: Branigan Out

Post by oldfogey » Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:26 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
oldfogey wrote:
bigalan wrote:Easy to say it now, but when Mal Brannigan was appointed, I was told of his wealth of experience with a large number of clubs. Now, when I hear of people that have gone through so many jobs, you have to ask why? If he was so good why did he move on so much? Looking at it from the outside, its probably no surprise after what happened with Fyffes. The buck stops with the CEO.
I've been through enough acquisitions - from both sides - to know that, in a lot of cases, the likes of Mal Brannigan have a title, but no real power. Over something as major as main sponsor I would be fairly sure he was following instructions.
The optics certainly make it appear that the sponsorship issue is the main cause for his departure.

If he was actually moved on, following instructions is hardly ever a valid reason or scenario; or even to facilitate someone to "pursue other opportunities"
Alternatively, Peak6 may have done an about face and gone back to Fyffes with a more acceptable package, leaving Mal to carry the blame. Let's face it, even if he did tell them to "shove the job", admitting he did so would open up a whole other can of worms for the club.

marmulade
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:19 pm

Re: Branigan Out

Post by marmulade » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:20 pm

https://www.dundalkfc.com/rice-departs/

Rice now, too. At least we don't have to worry about the wage bill expanding.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

lilywhite66
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:13 am

Re: Branigan Out

Post by lilywhite66 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:47 pm

Exploring new opportunities seems very popular lately at the home of football.

Post Reply