Finn Harps v Dundalk l Fri 22 Feb l 8:00pm l Finn Park l Matchday 2

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Theythinkitsallover
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Finn Harps v Dundalk l Fri 22 Feb l 8:00pm l Finn Park l Matchday 2

Post by Theythinkitsallover » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:45 pm

Ah lads, we have to stop harping back to last years start it's gone move on, we don't have Stephen Kenny that's the problem, VP has only managed Malahide its just to big for him in my opinion and gill has no influence either am sorry to say, as for injurys we should have the players to replace the 2 lads that are out we are just looking for excuses to make us feel that it's ok but it's not 3 games 0 wins.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:50 pm

Need six points in next two games or we'll make it tough for ourselves. Two very poor results where we dominated.
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:00 pm

I’d take a win at home Monday and a draw away to Rovers right now.

I had a feeling about tonight all week, and now I think we’ll see a bit of a backlash Monday.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:11 pm

Theythinkitsallover wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:45 pm
Ah lads, we have to stop harping back to last years start it's gone move on, we don't have Stephen Kenny that's the problem, VP has only managed Malahide its just to big for him in my opinion and gill has no influence either am sorry to say, as for injurys we should have the players to replace the 2 lads that are out we are just looking for excuses to make us feel that it's ok but it's not 3 games 0 wins.
So its all pointless? I'll return my season ticket so
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Martin Lawlor80
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:23 pm

Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:45 pm
You see a problem.
How exactly would you fix it?

Theythinkitsallover
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Theythinkitsallover » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:26 pm

Steven Kenny

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sneachta » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:30 pm

El Paso wrote:Well at least we didn’t lose. Start the season properly on Monday after two false starts. But right now I don’t fancy facing Rovers. The number of missed chances is becoming a comedy. Woodwork twice again tonight. Do we ever just belt one in from 20 yards?
Last week,?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Martin Lawlor80
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:31 pm

Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:26 pm
Steven Kenny
Reappoint Stephen Kenny as our manager?

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sneachta » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:34 pm

Theythinkitsallover wrote:Ah lads, we have to stop harping back to last years start it's gone move on, we don't have Stephen Kenny that's the problem, VP has only managed Malahide its just to big for him in my opinion and gill has no influence either am sorry to say, as for injurys we should have the players to replace the 2 lads that are out we are just looking for excuses to make us feel that it's ok but it's not 3 games 0 wins.
Relax De Kacks!

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike » Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:36 pm

Keep the faith lads, same position this time last year, 2 points after 2 games, albeit one was Rovers away.

Disappointing result tonight, but a great chance to get to 5 points on Monday, then on to Rovers for one huge match on Friday.

Early days, no need for any panic.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:20 am

For anyone who wants to understand doom in full bloom, pay a visit to the Cork forum.

You may then realise that things are not so desperate after all
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:34 am

Hmmm. A part of me is glad this 'rivalry' already feels like ancient history. Another part of me doesn't really want to see them replaced by Rovers who I have zero time for as a fanbase or a club.

It's going to be a long season, and with that fixture pile up it's going to be attritional. Things will look very different soon enough.

Alanek
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Alanek » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:02 am

I agree..not a great start .But too hear some of the abuse the players got last nite is not on .some people have short memories or maybe haven’t being around long enough too remember the bad times.was very disappointing too hear this last nite.i thought we were better than this .

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sneachta » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:11 am

Alanek wrote:I agree..not a great start .But too hear some of the abuse the players got last nite is not on .some people have short memories or maybe haven’t being around long enough too remember the bad times.was very disappointing too hear this last nite.i thought we were better than this .
I posted a very similar post to yourself after a match in Richmond park a couple of years ago. During/just before our run in Europe. Some people are just brain dead and no sense of reality. But that "sound" has been around the terraces (and sometimes the stand) since the year dot. It's a Louth/Dundalk thing. I'm convinced of it.

In all seriousness, it's only a matter of time before someone really over steps the mark with a comment from behind the lines that will be totally unacceptable. Those sort of people should not be let near a football ground.

Martin Lawlor80
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:45 am

Alanek wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:02 am
I agree..not a great start .But too hear some of the abuse the players got last nite is not on .some people have short memories or maybe haven’t being around long enough too remember the bad times.was very disappointing too hear this last nite.i thought we were better than this .
Poor form but it’s always been like that unfortunately. From the limited footage I saw on skorlive, there was no lack of effort from the team. Gannon was like a maniac demanding the ball all the time.