Finn Harps v Dundalk l Fri 22 Feb l 8:00pm l Finn Park l Matchday 2

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Finn Harps v Dundalk l Fri 22 Feb l 8:00pm l Finn Park l Matchday 2

Post by El Paso » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:53 am

Was there abuse? I heard giving out alright. Is this that thing where anyone who gets cross at a football match is accused of abusing players again? It's an emotional experience and some people overreact. Players are in the wrong sport if they don't understand that.

Having said that if fans crossed the line they need to cop themselves on. No one should ever be let forget where we've come from.

Martin Lawlor80
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:56 am

Don’t hold this against me, but I switched on the Late late show for a while after the final whistle. I tcuking hate it but usually just browse it to sneer. Anyway ruby Walsh was on so I thought I’d listen to what he had to say. He made an interesting point re confidence and hunger. He basically said that in top level sport it’s nonsense. Did the Irish rugby team lack confidence and hunger in the defeat to England even though they won 17 games in a row before that? He maintained that a lack of focus Is what can determine whether you win or lose.
We certainly seem to be missing a small percentage of something that’s causing us to give up goals and miss chances.

Alanek
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Alanek » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:29 am

El Paso wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:53 am
Was there abuse? I heard giving out alright. Is this that thing where anyone who gets cross at a football match is accused of abusing players again? It's an emotional experience and some people overreact. Players are in the wrong sport if they don't understand that.

Having said that if fans crossed the line they need to cop themselves on. No one should ever be let forget where we've come from.
If calling a player a f..king tramp cause he failed too control a ball is excepted ..well then I’m wrong .If this is excepted in the modern day well maybe I just haven’t moved with the times.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:48 am

After careful scrutiny of the masterclass that is [email protected], an up-and-coming journalist tries his hand at post match interviewing

Vinny Perth post match with Gavin McLaughlin

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1rmxPQXEMlVKN
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

McGregor
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by McGregor » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:30 pm

Bad start indeed. Its very disappointing that we play against two really poor teams and seem to run out of ideas as both matches go on. Sligo and Harps both sat deep, rode their luck and then hit us on the counter attack. After that we just didn't have the answers. Its not a case of looking at the bench or tactics, the winning of both games was on the pitch and the players simply have to take the chances we have created at this level of football.
You can't compare us with Cork's start. Pats away and Waterford at home were difficult matches even before you look at the turnover in their squad, Rovers fixtures where also very tricky going to the RSC and then Derry last night. But everyone in the league would have expected us to have had nine points from our first 3 games given the favourable fixture list.
We can point at last year and a similar start but we can equally look at the season before when Cork killed us in the first third of the season. Hopefully by this time next week we will have started to take our chances and be sitting on eight points. Depending on the Bohs/Rovers result on Monday there could be a lot of pressure on next Friday's match in Tallaght but we've been in those situations and come through many times.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:55 pm

Alanek wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:29 am
El Paso wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:53 am

If calling a player a f..king tramp cause he failed too control a ball is excepted ..well then I’m wrong .If this is excepted in the modern day well maybe I just haven’t moved with the times.
Well clearly that's unacceptable and personally I'd be more than happy to have that person banned from matches. After the shamozzle between Hoban and Hegarty at the end, most of the players went across to the travelling fans and got a great reception. They got a good reception after the Sligo game too.

Walking the line between pretending there's nothing wrong and overreacting to stuff is a difficult one for every supporter. I'd be very careful about using the word 'we'. 'We' did not abuse any Dundalk player - one, two, maybe half a dozen dumbfucks did. They don't represent me, you, or the rest of the 2,000 - 3,000 supporters. There's an element in every club's support. I dunno if there's a way to deal with that, to be honest unless other fans are willing to step in and assist the club in banning the loopers and scrotes.
Last edited by El Paso on Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:57 pm

Sneachta wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:11 am
Alanek wrote:I agree..not a great start .But too hear some of the abuse the players got last nite is not on .some people have short memories or maybe haven’t being around long enough too remember the bad times.was very disappointing too hear this last nite.i thought we were better than this .
I posted a very similar post to yourself after a match in Richmond park a couple of years ago. During/just before our run in Europe. Some people are just brain dead and no sense of reality. But that "sound" has been around the terraces (and sometimes the stand) since the year dot. It's a Louth/Dundalk thing. I'm convinced of it.

In all seriousness, it's only a matter of time before someone really over steps the mark with a comment from behind the lines that will be totally unacceptable. Those sort of people should not be let near a football ground.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk
A quick smack in the ear should help reset their tiny brains.

cooney
Reserves
Reserves

Post by cooney » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:04 pm

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Sneachta » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:27 pm

oldfogey wrote:
Sneachta wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:11 am
Alanek wrote:I agree..not a great start .But too hear some of the abuse the players got last nite is not on .some people have short memories or maybe haven’t being around long enough too remember the bad times.was very disappointing too hear this last nite.i thought we were better than this .
I posted a very similar post to yourself after a match in Richmond park a couple of years ago. During/just before our run in Europe. Some people are just brain dead and no sense of reality. But that "sound" has been around the terraces (and sometimes the stand) since the year dot. It's a Louth/Dundalk thing. I'm convinced of it.

In all seriousness, it's only a matter of time before someone really over steps the mark with a comment from behind the lines that will be totally unacceptable. Those sort of people should not be let near a football ground.

A quick smack in the ear should help reset their tiny brains.
That's impressive. Even I couldn't find that. Horrendous spelling!

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:57 pm

I had forgotten how prone John Gill is to talking in clichés

Post match interview with Donegal Sports

https://soundcloud.com/donegalsportstalk/john-gill
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by colymull » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:33 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:57 pm
I had forgotten how prone John Gill is to talking in clichés

Post match interview with Donegal Sports

https://soundcloud.com/donegalsportstalk/john-gill
“Disappointed we gave away a goal from a set piece, it’s not like us”
Literally, the 3 goals we’ve conceded in 3 games this season have been from set pieces!! I’d say it’s very much like us at the minute John!!
King Kenny!

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand » Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:40 am

Whatever about the Sligo game where we really should have won by 3 or 4, this was a poor performance. With the possible exception of Duffy and sub Kelly there was precious little creativity and an outrageous amount of long ball nonsense. The poor very bobbly pitch didn't help with that though. Hoban had a rare shocker, Flores looked completely out of his depth and I've no idea why Dummigan was thrown on late on when chasing the game. I heard no personal abuse... plenty of moaning of course, and the players got a very warm reception at full time, that their performance barely merited.

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Sneachta » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:50 pm

Was the Dundalk dressing room flooded before the game? I'm hearing rumours of that and other shinannegans.

dell1
Reserves
Reserves

Post by dell1 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:49 am

Sneachta wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:50 pm
Was the Dundalk dressing room flooded before the game? I'm hearing rumours of that and other shinannegans.

There's been little of that sort of stuff since Monaghan United dropped out of the league. That got as bad as us changing on the bus on the way to Gortakeegan. What were the other shenanigans apart from narrowing the pitch? Cant have been as bad as clearing the pitch of a herd of cattle like another trip to Monaghan when we arrived early and before the days when we played total football lol