Shamrock Rovers V Dundalk | Fri 1 March | 8pm | Tallaght | Matchday 4

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Shamrock Rovers V Dundalk | Fri 1 March | 8pm | Tallaght | Matchday 4

Post by seand » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:17 am

Should be good tonight.... a huge away crowd should mean 5,000 plus attendance. Rovers had two very good wins before the usual Dublin derby experience, hopefully they'll fancy this tonight and come out to play.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:57 pm

From the Shamrock Rovers website today
Stephen Bradley gives his pre match update on the Hoops squad in advance of Friday’s encounter with Dundalk:

“We’re obviously disappointed that we’ve lost the game to Bohs but I felt that it was taken out of our hands with the decision that was made. I thought up to that point, the sending off, we were really good, creating a lot of chances and a lot of problems for them. Even in the last twenty minutes we went and had a go again and created chances. There’s a lot of positives, I thought the players worked really hard.

I’ve watched it back numerous times and at most it’s a yellow card for Aaron Greene. The two players have their foot on the ball and neither of them actually touch each other. What catches each other are their bodies, their feet don’t touch. You can see by Aaron’s reaction when he turns to get away from the other player, he knows he hasn’t touched him. To be fair to the referee he was making the decision for a free kick, it’s the fourth official who decided that he needed to be sent off which was unbelievable.

The players said afterwards that the penalty was soft but we’ve given the ref a decision to make in the box which we shouldn’t have done. With 11 men we were by far the better team and when we went down to 10 there wasn’t much difference. We looked really strong and it was hard to tell who had 10 men and who had 11 for 70 odd minutes. I think that’s a testament to the players and how hard they worked for each other and the effort they put in.

Something we did speak about, and it’s not good enough from us is that we created some really good chances and we didn’t show enough to want to get on the end of those crosses from Trevor and Dylan. That’s not something we’re happy about and it’s something we need to address very quickly. The injuries that came after the red card, that happens but you just have to get on with it. We have a strong squad and we showed that when we had to make changes. Sometimes you get those nights where it feels like everything is going against you.

Ethan Boyle won’t make the Dundalk game. Dylan Watts had a knock going into the Bohs game and he got a bang on the same area, we think he’ll be fine but we’ll have to have a look at him again today. With Aaron Greene suspended we’ll have a look and see which centre-forward suits the game best. Orhan Vojic was struggling before the Derry game, we thought he’d cracked a rib or two but he got through that game. He didn’t train leading up to Bohs then because it was so sore.

Dundalk is a big game, we know they’re a good side. Their team hasn’t changed and they’re still the team to beat and we’ve got a chance to do that tomorrow night.

We were disappointed on Monday but we moved on. It’s gone and we’ve prepared for Dundalk all week. It’s a game we’re looking forward to and one I believe we’re ready for. The last three games have shown we’re ready for it.”
https://shamrockrovers.ie/2019/02/28/te ... 1-03-2019/
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:15 pm

Need a big showing from Michael Duffy tonight I feel in the absence of McEleney, Benson and Murray and with McGrath only back. Rogers needs to show his early 2018 form and not his early 2017 form.

Very hard to call. Nervous about it, but still hard to know what to make of Rovers. I know nothing is settled tonight but a defeat would be a setback more than just 3 points all the same.

Adanet
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Adanet » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:00 pm

Who is going to play with Shields in the CM if Murray is out? Is this McKee a CM?

Chrish
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Chrish » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:11 pm

Yeah but I would expect Mountney to play in Center mid tonight. Think Vinny will go with lads he trusts

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by colymull » Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:22 pm

I can't make it tonight, anyone know of a decent stream that might be showing it, apart from Skorlive?
King Kenny!

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:23 pm

Murray made it!

Mountney replaces Kelly, presumably with the strength of Rovers midfield in mind.

No sign of Jarvis, an unreported injury? Flores, Dummigan and McKee on bench

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:26 pm

El Paso wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:23 pm
Murray made it!
Only a mild surprise, but a big relief!
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by colymull » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:26 pm

El Paso wrote:
Murray made it!
I wonder was it mind games after all or did he passing a late fitness test!! Either way, great to see him starting, it's the strongest team we have available at the minute although Dan Kelly might feel a bit hard done by.
King Kenny!

Martin Lawlor80
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:29 pm

colymull wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:26 pm
El Paso wrote:
Murray made it!
I wonder was it mind games after all or did he passing a late fitness test!! Either way, great to see him starting, it's the strongest team we have available at the minute although Dan Kelly might feel a bit hard done by.
Prob be kept in reserve and brought on when they begin to tire

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:33 pm

Bolger, Finn, McEneff versus Shields gives me the shivers but is that based on past form? Some savage looking midfield power in the Rovers team.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:01 pm

We slightly shaded it, had the better of the half chances and ref bottled a penalty but would have taken 0-0 beforehand to be honest. Need to see the sham penalty claim again. Poor enough game really. No 100% records left.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:26 pm

Incidentally after a number of claims of players being abused, incredible support from Dundalk fans tonight - away match in the pissing rain and hundreds show up.

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. » Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:30 pm

Should have won it. Don’t know how Hoban was kept on my he pitch for the second half. Looked completely disinterested. George Kelly should Start the next match based on Hobans performance and his own even though he was only on for a few minutes.

Defence looked decent and Shields had a motm performance.

What happened Mountney? He was in the starting lineup but didn’t even make the bench.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 12:08 am

GC. wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:30 pm
Should have won it. Don’t know how Hoban was kept on my he pitch for the second half. Looked completely disinterested. George Kelly should Start the next match based on Hobans performance and his own even though he was only on for a few minutes.

Defence looked decent and Shields had a motm performance.

What happened Mountney? He was in the starting lineup but didn’t even make the bench.
Done his groin in the pre match warm up
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.