Shamrock Rovers V Dundalk | Fri 1 March | 8pm | Tallaght | Matchday 4

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Shamrock Rovers V Dundalk | Fri 1 March | 8pm | Tallaght | Matchday 4

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:30 pm

Brian Gartland post match video interview

https://twitter.com/DundalkSport/status ... 4548625408

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

dell1
Reserves
Reserves

Post by dell1 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:09 am

I saw Owen Cowzer's report and thought it was a harsh report on Duffy myself. He was a threat even with the close atttention he was getting. He put in a couple of corners/frees from wide that didnt beat the first man but other than that he still managed to create some space and got in behind Grace a few times or cut in with a few drives in to the box. It wasnt vintage stuff but Cowzer just isnt isnt right on this one! Kelly had Clarke pinned back for plenty of the game so Rovers needed to sit deeper with a more 5 accross midfield to cope with doubling up on the wings or to cover a possible overlap. That isolated their attack I thought and speculative balls over the top or in to corners were bread and butter stuff to a solid defensive performance. I'm actually more buoyed by what I saw from the respective sides for different reasons. Sheilds did keep a midfield full of talent at arms length and regardless of injuries etc was worthy of MOTM.

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Wexford White » Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:05 pm

A question and a gripe:
Question: How many supporters did Dundalk bring?
Gripe: The stewarding in Tallaght is very bad. In most of our European games there I found that the stewards were not well acquainted with the seating arrangements. I very rarely ended up in the numbered seat on my ticket.
Last Friday the stewards and the gardai were very slow to respond to the overflow of Dundalk supporters. It was nearly 20 minutes before the supporters were accommodated. There was no need for this as there were hundreds of vacant seats available in the away stand. A very poor response - antagonistic, even.
The Back of the Wall

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Robbiedundalk2 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:38 pm

Any idea why Rovers have a game Monday night v Harps, the only game of the night?

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:47 pm

It's a reschedule from Series 16 - 10th May.

Perhaps Tallaght is need for an international ladies/underage game.
Last edited by oldfogey on Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Robbiedundalk2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Robbiedundalk2 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:14 pm

oldfogey wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:47 pm
It's a reschedule from Series 16 - 10th May.

Perhaps Tallage is need for an international ladies/underage game.
Thanks. Hopefully it gets postponed and mucks up their schedule

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:03 am

European U17 championships is the reason for Rovers-Harps being moved.

Shields was immense and Bolger was superb for Rovers, even if he was almost playing as a sweeper. Two teams defended well in difficult conditions. It's probably not a bad result, and as has been said above we're coming away from the second favourites disappointed with a draw despite an entire midfield being out injured. If we can find another gear it's hard to see anyone keeping up, but we certainly haven't got going yet. That's 4 goals scored in 4 games

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:53 pm

Just saw the clear video replay of the two penalty decisions on the Soccer republic twitter. Hoare handball could have gone either way - he claims it hits his chest under his arm and linesman has a good view, but the ref doesn't so can't give it unless the linesman flags.

But the Gannon one is one of the most ludicrous non-decisions you could ever hope to see, it's that bad. We've been absolutely robbed there.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sneachta » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:45 pm

El Paso wrote:Just saw the clear video replay of the two penalty decisions on the Soccer republic twitter. Hoare handball could have gone either way - he claims it hits his chest under his arm and linesman has a good view, but the ref doesn't so can't give it unless the linesman flags.

But the Gannon one is one of the most ludicrous non-decisions you could ever hope to see, it's that bad. We've been absolutely robbed there.
ImageImage you beat me to an almost exact post. 100% agree with all that. Gannon was dumped! Ball hit hoares armpit.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:15 pm

Both penalties could have been given, but the Sean Gannon one appears very clear cut to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK2m2L3eai0
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand » Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:22 am

The Gannon one would be huilarious if it hadn't happened to us. Really terribly timed clumsy tackle, hard to believe it wasn't given. The Hoare handball I'd expect to be given more often than not, though I think a lot of those ball to hand penos shouldn't be given (like the World Cup final for example)

paul1
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by paul1 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:13 am

Two stone wall penalties,,as they say Hoare has is arm up in the air in an unnatural position definitely a penalty and Gannon was cleaned out of it .