Dundalk V Waterford | Fri 8 March | 7.45pm | Oriel Park | Matchday 5

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Dundalk V Waterford | Fri 8 March | 7.45pm | Oriel Park | Matchday 5

Post by Ezeikial » Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:55 pm

The return of the Master

also includes the voice of Vincent Perth

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFPEV99Ao7Y

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:07 am

DundalkSport match report includes a link to a Gavin McLaughlin video interview with Daniel Kelly

DFC | Kelly and Dummigan off the mark as injury-hit Lilywhites make light work of Waterford
SSE Airtricity League Premier Division | Game #5
Dundalk FC 4–0 Waterford | Oriel Park
https://dundalksport.ie/dfc-kelly-and-d ... dd98316797
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Robbiedundalk2
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Robbiedundalk2 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:16 am

An unusual display, took goals very well but we gave up lots of possession. Murray was my MOTM followed by MCGrath and Kelly. Thought Hoban was more in it than previous games. We weren’t as good as v Sligo but we played to a game plan and it will be great for confidence. Still will be buzzing all weekend after this, enjoy lads

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:45 am

dundalkfc1903 wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:25 pm
Hoban took his goal well but still lacking something and looked a bit disinterested at times.
It's a players performance that should be judged, not some interpretation of how he looks

This reading of body language is getting tiresome. Is it a facial expression or how he stands, runs etc that makes someone look "disinterested"? I am reminded that Mark Quigley was constantly judged negatively on his body language, even while he was delivering MOTM performances

IMO Pat Hoban had a decent performance tonight

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:57 am

Martin Lawlor80
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:34 am

Ezeikial wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:57 am
VP on DFCTV video interview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... f6KYEYiHQU
Interesting video. VP confirmed what I thought , namely that we played a very different way to the norm. It looked like we played counter attack, something I’ve never seen us play over the last 6 years. Glad to hear that was the plan and that it worked. We certainly gave Waterford a lot of possession but they didn’t really get the chance to do a lot with it, while we looked like we might score with every attack.
I’m surprised Harvey didn’t blow the whistle when there were 2 balls on the pitch for the first goal.
Why was the Shed so quiet?

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:43 am

Ezeikial wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:45 am
dundalkfc1903 wrote:
Hoban took his goal well but still lacking something and looked a bit disinterested at times.
It's a players performance that should be judged, not some interpretation of how he looks

This reading of body language is getting tiresome. Is it a facial expression or how he stands, runs etc that makes someone look "disinterested"? I am reminded that Mark Quigley was constantly judged negatively on his body language, even while he was delivering MOTM performances

Nonsense. Not getting drawn into a weekend argument about it. He played just OK, his general play was poor but he took his goal well and if I want to have an opinion or 'interpretation' on his body language I will express it. He is lacking in confidence in my opinion.
Just like you have expressed your subjective INTERPRETATION of his performance.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:57 am

dundalkfc1903 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:43 am
Ezeikial wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:45 am
dundalkfc1903 wrote:

Nonsense. Not getting drawn into a weekend argument about it. He played just OK, his general play was poor but he took his goal well and if I want to have an opinion or 'interpretation' on his body language I will express it. He is lacking in confidence in my opinion.
Just like you have expressed your subjective INTERPRETATION of his performance.
You are unnecessary sensitive in my opinion about your view being questioned.

Of course you're are entitled to an opinion about how Pat Hoban "looks" or about what you sense is his "thinking" or "attitude", but it's how a player performs that is most relevant.

I suppose that "decent performance" and "he played just OK" are pretty similar opinions - so no need for arguments on that aspect!
Last edited by Ezeikial on Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:00 am

Jamie McGrath gets the Gerry Malone grilling

https://twistedwave.com/audio_files/199 ... 195fb95941

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:10 am

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:12 am

Jamie McGrath was superb. Class footballer. Is there room for him and mceleney in our starting 11?

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:18 am

Gerry explains things to Sean Gannon

https://twistedwave.com/audio_files/199 ... 7efb06c9bb

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:32 am

I have long thought McGrath could be the number 8 we’ve been looking for. He’s a superb all round player. If he scored goals we’d have lost him by now.

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by colymull » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:08 am

It's easy to say it now, but I'd a feeling with give someone a tonking sooner rather than later! Some great performances out there last night, our back 4 were rock solid, McGrath, Kelly and especially Murray were outstanding, Murray is improving every time I see him. On Hoban, I wonder was he told to drop a bit deeper? He was constantly in the midfield picking up balls and laying them off and then had to bust a gut to get back up front. Surely the role of a lone striker is to be just that, be in position to get on the end of balls? Anyway, I'm glad he got his goal, would have liked him to get another to build his confidence even more.
One thing I did notice was that after each goal, all 10 ten outfield players celebrated as a group, looks like Vinny is building a good group of friends as well as teammates.

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by White Horse » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:58 am

Others have said it, but it is worth repeating. Jamie McGrath and Sean Murray were excellent last night.