Dundalk V Waterford | Fri 8 March | 7.45pm | Oriel Park | Matchday 5

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Dundalk V Waterford | Fri 8 March | 7.45pm | Oriel Park | Matchday 5

Post by Ezeikial » Sun Mar 10, 2019 5:49 pm

Interesting Keith Wallace article based on Jordan Flores interview after the Waterford match

https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/spo ... 5k.twitter

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:50 pm

Alan Reynolds complaining about the first goal. To be fair he does have a point - it would be normal to stop the game with 2 balls on the pitch.

To describe Rob Harvey as unpredictable would be an understatement
Waterford United boss Alan Reynolds stumped by referee decision to allow second goal after ball gaffe
The Premier Division side scored a controversial first and the Blues boss was left unhappy with the referee's call
https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/38 ... s-referee/
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sneachta » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:05 pm

He has a point. It's also interesting to note that rte edited that out of the highlights, obviously to avoid controversy. Not possible when it's blatant and the opposition manager was always going to mention it. Embarrassing really from the state broadcaster and it just highlights what they are capable of censoring/omitting intentionally on more serious matters. I'll just fix my aluminium foil hat here.... That's better!

Also where are all the apparent floodgates opening of immediate highlights on social media of goals? I only came across the cork and Sligo goals over the weekend.

Finally, what happens now with midweek games? If there is a double round of fixtures, will they be extending the highlights? Rovers harps goals weren't shown.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:42 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:50 pm
Alan Reynolds complaining about the first goal. To be fair he does have a point - it would be normal to stop the game with 2 balls on the pitch.

To describe Rob Harvey as unpredictable would be an understatement
Waterford United boss Alan Reynolds stumped by referee decision to allow second goal after ball gaffe
The Premier Division side scored a controversial first and the Blues boss was left unhappy with the referee's call
https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/38 ... s-referee/
Regulars to Oriel Park would be well aware that each ballgirl has a football in order to keep momentum flowing. Why then would someone kick/throw a ball out onto the pitch instead of passing forward to the wall?

dell1
Reserves
Reserves

Post by dell1 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:45 pm

It looked to me that the ball was thrown out on the pitch by someone in the crowd standing at the wall. It should have been handed to the ballboy/girl or just dropped over the wall, there probably would have been words if it had resulted in the goal being chalked off, unless it was a kid who knew no better. Reynolds has a point as the 2 footballs were in close proximity but they were being completely dominated and it was one question mark in a 4 goal drubbing. If there was a single goal in the result it would seem less nitpicking from him.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:54 pm

Ref should have blown up before the ball was even crossed. Harvey is a menace. We benefited this time. Usually we don’t. Hate the sight of him near our games,

Sneachta
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sneachta » Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:45 pm

dell1 wrote:It looked to me that the ball was thrown out on the pitch by someone in the crowd standing at the wall. It should have been handed to the ballboy/girl or just dropped over the wall, there probably would have been words if it had resulted in the goal being chalked off, unless it was a kid who knew no better. Reynolds has a point as the 2 footballs were in close proximity but they were being completely dominated and it was one question mark in a 4 goal drubbing. If there was a single goal in the result it would seem less nitpicking from him.
No it was a fully grown middle aged man that would've been battered with a wet sawk by those around him if the goal had've been disallowed. A lucky man.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

dell1
Reserves
Reserves

Post by dell1 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:14 am

I'm guilty of the opposite a number of years back where I dropped the ball between the wall and the advertisment hoarding as Shamrock Rovers were looking to take a quick throw in, I nearly got a box from the player and there werent so many ball/boygirls about give them a ball either at the time. If a ball went out of the ground it felt like someone had to run down the tunnel to get another ball. Cant remember the player but he nearly ended up head first in the gap trying to get the ball which caused a few laughs. If a team is attacking and we are under pressure I would have thought that playing keep ball in the crowd for a bit was common sense.....then chuck the ball on the pitch in hope the game is stopped lol.

There was another time that a poor ballboy stepped on to the pitch and caught the ball before it went out of play. He was a bit embaressed and got a fair old rollicking from the visiting player as if he wanted the ballboy red carded.