Dundalk V Slovan Bratislava | Tues 13 Aug | 8pm | Tallaght Stadium | Europa League QR3 Second Leg

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Dundalk V Slovan Bratislava | Tues 13 Aug | 8pm | Tallaght Stadium | Europa League QR3 Second Leg

Post by Ezeikial » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:31 pm

colymull wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:23 pm

While this is a bit of a pain, it's not the worst either. If you park up at 7 and leave before 11, the most it'll cost is €2.

That looks like €4 charge to me - 7pm to 9pm free and then 2 hours @ €2 per hour = €4

Most people will be in and out inside 3 hours, unless there is extra time!

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Dundalk V Slovan Bratislava | Tues 13 Aug | 8pm | Tallaght Stadium | Europa League QR3 Second Leg

Post by Sneachta » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:32 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote:In many ways disappointing that for the biggest game of our season thus far, there are still 7 blocks to be sold... especially as it isn't on tv. This is another reason that oriel will never be upgraded to the standard we all aspire.
I have to be honest, I never expected it to sell out.

Even for the BATE game there was plenty of room. 5500 would be a very good attendance.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by colymull » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:50 pm

Ezeikial wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:31 pm
colymull wrote:

While this is a bit of a pain, it's not the worst either. If you park up at 7 and leave before 11, the most it'll cost is €2.

That looks like €4 charge to me - 7pm to 9pm free and then 2 hours @ €2 per hour = €4

You're right, my mistake!! Still good though!!

grayzer75
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by grayzer75 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:20 am

colymull wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:50 pm
Ezeikial wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:31 pm
colymull wrote:

You're right, my mistake!! Still good though!!
You can go to customer services and get a prepaid ticket for €2 to use when exiting to save time at the machines after the game.

“Beat the after match queue by purchasing a prepaid parking ticket for €2 available from the Customer Service Desk on match days...”

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Shoco » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:33 am

Any idea why the stream for this is only for outside Ireland? It's not as if anyone else has the rights to show it or there's no other games on

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by colymull » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:35 am

niall_hearty2000 wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:39 am
In many ways disappointing that for the biggest game of our season thus far, there are still 7 blocks to be sold... especially as it isn't on tv. This is another reason that oriel will never be upgraded to the standard we all aspire.
Only Block M available online now. I presume they have taken some blocks offline for cash sales tonight but sounds like we may have a big crowd in tonight!

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Sneachta » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:19 pm

Just reading some of the vitriol on Twitter aimed at Dundalk. Vinny calling on LOI supporters to get behind Dundalk. To be honest, i think LOI supporters are fed up with that viewpoint now and gone are the days of (2016!) Sitting beside two bray and a shamrock rovers fan against BATE. They just want their games played. But it's not Dundalk's fault really and they should be lying the blame at the fixture makers door.

But there is a huge amount of nonsense arguments too. Like we have zero academy, money club and no locals on the team. Ewan McKenna has really kicked the ball rolling on anti Dundalk sentiment. Social media is a fantastic way of reinforcing someone's viewpoint. Won't out otherwise. The algorithms do their job well.

In ways, I'm glad I have discovered Oriel web, just so it stops me engaging with Twitter nonsense.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:28 pm

Less nervous than I normally am. Unfortunately I think that’s because it’s not going to happen for us. Thinking more BATE 2015 at home than BATE 2016.

We’re just not creating enough, we’ve had one decent shot from distance all season (Flores’ goal), and we’re not posing enough threat from set pieces. I’d rather see Gartland beside Boyle tonight in fact, in the hope of some joy from corners and also to take captaincy off Hoban.

Fact is, though, that unless Duffy can find some of last season’s form I can see it being quite frustrating.

Adanet
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Adanet » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:14 pm

Very poor from Perth, terrible game plan

Carrick_Road
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Carrick_Road » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:40 pm

Game, set and match unfortunately. Poor decisions and not enough quality in the final third. (Hoping this post comes back to bite me in the backside) can’t deny players working hard and putting in a shift but I think the lack of the ‘quality’ striker required for Europe is what kilt us this season. Love to see Dan Kelly get a decent run of atleast 30 mins and likewise for Georgie. Fair play to the lads for pressing and working their socks off, just not good enough.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:54 pm

Meaningless statement Adanet. The only player that shouldn’t have been picked is Mountney, and Danny Kelly did nothing on Saturday to suggest he was up to infinitely tougher opponents.

Anyway...
Two desperate, desperate mistakes from Mountney and Boyle, who are both having nightmares. I used to joke about Rogers and Boyle having mix ups, but Jesus. Look a bit shell shocked now.

Usual story, ponderous build up easy to defend against. Still we had two fantastic openings and needed to take at least one.

In an attacking sense we’re miles off being good enough. What ai’d give for Horgan back.
Last edited by El Paso on Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Carrick_Road
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Carrick_Road » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:04 pm

El Paso wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:54 pm
In an attacking sense we’re miles off being good enough. What ai’d give for Horgan back.
And Prime Mc Millan, Finn and Mc Eleney. Mc Eleney no where near his former self, no suprise not to see him start tonight.

Reality is Hoban is not Mc Millan
Duffy is most certainly not Horgan
and Murray and Co are not O Donnell etc. Pool of players available to us now are not the standard of previous years