Derry City V Dundalk | Sat 14 Sept | 8pm | Ryan McBride Stadium Brandywell | EA Sports Cup Final

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Derry City V Dundalk | Sat 14 Sept | 8pm | Ryan McBride Stadium Brandywell | EA Sports Cup Final

Post by Ezeikial » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:36 am

Vinny Perth talking to Gavin McLaughlin post match

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt3zDCG ... e=youtu.be

Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Robbiedundalk2
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Derry City V Dundalk | Sat 14 Sept | 8pm | Ryan McBride Stadium Brandywell | EA Sports Cup Final

Post by Robbiedundalk2 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:43 am

Well said everyone on the behaviour of the scum at the end. Glad they were booed and ridiculed for the scum they are, unfortunately they bore no shame. I love a boisterous crowd but hate that shite. Well done all

Robbiedundalk2
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Robbiedundalk2 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:49 am

BTW while Duffy got MOTM I thought Cleary was immense

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by White Horse » Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:56 am

Cleary was excellent throughtout, a mbit hit and miss with his crossing but that conditions were difficult.

My MOTM for Dundalk was Chris Shields. When we play McEleney and McGrath along side him in a midfield three, Chris was so much work to do. I thought he was imperious last night. It is becoming the norm for him and sometimes taken for granted.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:18 am

Peter Cherrie talking to Gerry Malone post match

https://twistedwave.com/audio_files/242 ... 015eb5cd03
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:19 am

Alanek
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Alanek » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:22 am

I’m trying to remember when the last time a pitch was invaded after a penalty shoot out .
Too me it ruins the moment for the players .
One thing that really annoyed me was the flares on the pitch .we gave out about rovers burning are pitch in oriel,but it’s ok to do it in the Brandywell.
I’d say tere is enough vids and pics on social media too identify theses scum and ban them .

White Horse
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by White Horse » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:27 am

Alanek wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:22 am
I’d say tere is enough vids and pics on social media too identify theses scum and ban them .
Banning them would mean nothing to them as they rarely, if ever, go to Oriel Park.

The only way to deter these scumbags is for them to be arrested on the night and spend the night in a cell.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:41 am

John Gill throwing bouquets all over the place - even Stephen O'Donnell gets lauded

https://twistedwave.com/audio_files/242 ... be5b15d135

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:44 am

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:48 am

The troublemakers are often lads who only go to matches like last night’s. That’s why I was saying the only way to try stop it is a registration system.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:53 am

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:01 am

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:31 am

El Paso wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:48 am
The troublemakers are often lads who only go to matches like last night’s. That’s why I was saying the only way to try stop it is a registration system.
It seems to me that there is little will among the clubs (including Dundalk) to deal with the type of issues that we saw last night.

Certainly Martin Connolly and some of the players (Brian Gartland was prominent) tried to encourage the pitch invaders off the pitch. But if the club were seriously motivated they would have stewards among the crowd and would have an effective system of banning culprits. I think most clubs only get motivated by FAI fines or simply pay lip service to the problem

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:52 am

Lip service is all it is.

After Rovers fans rioted in Oriel in 2010 on live tv there was loads of talk of bans and I bet not a single one was banned afterwards. Anyone know if the lads who threw glasses at the Cork fans in Oriel that time stayed banned?

I don’t know who the gang last night were, whether or not they’re Oriel regulars. But it’s probable they’re not, which a) makes banning pointless and b) means there’s a bunch of scrotes out there using our matches as an excuse to act the cûnt.

Anyway, banning without an effective ID system is a joke concept.