Derry City V Dundalk | Sat 14 Sept | 8pm | Ryan McBride Stadium Brandywell | EA Sports Cup Final

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Derry City V Dundalk | Sat 14 Sept | 8pm | Ryan McBride Stadium Brandywell | EA Sports Cup Final

Post by El Paso » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:14 pm

In 2014 quite a few scrotes approached the Cork fans, and tossed a few things at them. Absolutely they’ll try it again.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Derry City V Dundalk | Sat 14 Sept | 8pm | Ryan McBride Stadium Brandywell | EA Sports Cup Final

Post by El Paso » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:15 pm

Statement released and claims four people are being banned.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:30 pm

El Paso wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:15 pm
Statement released and claims four people are being banned.
The Club are appealing for help to identify others involved
We have already identified four of the main instigators, each of whom will receive lengthy bans from attending any matches at Oriel Park.

We are continuing to investigate the incident and appeal to any supporters who can help identify any of the troublemakers. If you have names, photos or social media footage of those people involved, please bring this to the attention of Dundalk Football Club to help with our investigations.
https://www.dundalkfc.com/club-statement-sep-2019/
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:56 pm

Thing is, and this is the problem, it’s away matches that all the clubs have fans who let then down. Lads getting baloobas drunk on bus journeys. Bans from Oriel do nothing to stop this happening.

Johnnybegood33
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:17 pm

Well done to Dundalk FC , to identify the trouble makers. Those identified , should be barred from Oriel & of course , ensure they do not get on buses for Away Games . The relationship with Derry was always welcoming , more so than any other club .

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by colymull » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:30 pm

It doesn't excuse the fighting that went on but it's another reason why an 8 o'clock kickoff on a Saturday night was just a mental idea.
All day to get boozed up and then 3 plus hours on a bus with a bag of cans is always a recipe for disaster!! Dont get me wrong, Im not a killjoy and in my younger single days I would've been doing the same thing (minus the fighting of course!!) But there was so many reasons not to have the kickoff at that time, on that day that hopefully lessons have been learned for next year.

Eltel074
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Eltel074 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:24 am

This is my 1st post on this forum . I am a Derry City fan and season ticket holder . Firstly congratulations to DFC on their win on Saturday also the support you brought up to Derry was simply sensational. I sit in block D which when Dundalk come we have your fans mingling in with us . The banter is always good and I feel like Cork we have a great rapport with your fans .
I was sat with my young son in block H away from Dundalk fans on Saturday night because I knew there would be hangers on and they would be drunk .
The Dundalk fans throughout the game where brilliant and a credit to the club . The clowns who ran onto the pitch need to have a long hard look at themselves . You won the cup celebrate with your fans on the terrace.
But there is the problem they are not Dundalk fans they are a shower of prats who would be looking for a fight if they had stayed in Dundalk on Saturday. We as Derry fans are aware these guys are not like the guys who travel the country week in week out .
On a side note Dean Jarvis needs to have a long hard look at himself as well . I have no problem with Duffy scoring and celebrating but for Jarvis to try and wind up his home town fans after his penalty is embarrassing. Honestly that nearly started a riot in itself and I honestly feel played a part in the idiots from our side running unto the pitch to confront the Dundalk fans .

Food luck for the rest of the season . I hope you do the double just not the treble please ... DCFC #num5#

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:29 pm

Eltel074 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:24 am
On a side note Dean Jarvis needs to have a long hard look at himself as well . I have no problem with Duffy scoring and celebrating but for Jarvis to try and wind up his home town fans after his penalty is embarrassing.
Michael Duffy, Patrick McEleney and Dean Jarvis all got plenty of stick from home town fans right throughout the match. From what I understand some of this was pretty extreme, personal and abusive (also see oldfogeys post above). It would be better if footballers could ignore this and just get on with the football; it would be even better if this abuse didn't happen in the first place.
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Eltel074
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Eltel074 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:41 pm

Dean Jarvis got none to little abuse as he wasn't on the pitch very long . Duffy and Fats get booed which most do at former grounds . I don't know where you are getting extreme from ? Extreme booing is that even a thing haha ?
Duffy and Fats are well respected players as is McEneff at Rovers . Aaron recently scored a pen at the brandywell and didn't celebrate. Jarvis nearly started a riot but we know his character up here in Derry so I suppose its to be expected

Eltel074
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Eltel074 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:57 pm

oldfogey wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:53 pm
Sadly, last nights trouble has to be taken in the context of previous visits (attacks on buses). There was always going to be an element travelling who were prepared to get their retaliation in first. It was the deciding factor in my opting to watch on TV. This gave a different perspective. Late in the game Michael Duffy was taking a corner and the area was littered with flag sticks which had obviously been removed and used as spears. As he moved, what appeared to be a bottle landed about a foot behind him. The steward never batted an eyelid, never mind removing it. For the first Derry penalty, a green laser was shone into Aaron's eyes from the main stand. It was extremely obvious on the camera shot and both commentators remarked on it. He should have brought the referees attention to it before the penalty was taken. Luckily it wasn't relevant in the end but can you imagine what would have happened if we had lost? A full scale pitch invasion by Derry fans was inevitable and yes, some would have headed straight for our end. Their attitude as a club was summed up by the serious personal abuse directed at Patrick McEleney on the way down after the presentation. I have no idea what was said but when a player of his experience reacts - and other members of the team get involved - one has to assume it crossed the line in a serious way.

As has been already stated, ANYONE who crossed the wall last night was in the wrong, even if just to get a selfie, or high five a player.

Its certainly NOT like Dundalk fans to invade the pitch, and I'm left wondering if the post match celebrations by the Shels fans in United Park on Friday night had a more widespread effect than we realise.
Spears ? Seriously that's just laughable . I was near that corner with my son and some idiot did throw a bottle but it didn't land at Duffy's feet . Maybe someone did throw a bit of bamboo from a flag but I didn't see the place littered . I think you are trying to make this out to be worse than it actually was.. Duffy got booed as did Fats but it wasnt anything like you are trying to make out . The only seriousness all night was the so called Dundalk fans trying to incite a riot yet you brush that under the carpet . I won't even comment on you trying to use Shelbourne fans as a excuse haha

Martin Lawlor80
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:27 pm

Eltel074 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:24 am
This is my 1st post on this forum . I am a Derry City fan and season ticket holder . Firstly congratulations to DFC on their win on Saturday also the support you brought up to Derry was simply sensational. I sit in block D which when Dundalk come we have your fans mingling in with us . The banter is always good and I feel like Cork we have a great rapport with your fans .
I was sat with my young son in block H away from Dundalk fans on Saturday night because I knew there would be hangers on and they would be drunk .
The Dundalk fans throughout the game where brilliant and a credit to the club . The clowns who ran onto the pitch need to have a long hard look at themselves . You won the cup celebrate with your fans on the terrace.
But there is the problem they are not Dundalk fans they are a shower of prats who would be looking for a fight if they had stayed in Dundalk on Saturday. We as Derry fans are aware these guys are not like the guys who travel the country week in week out .
On a side note Dean Jarvis needs to have a long hard look at himself as well . I have no problem with Duffy scoring and celebrating but for Jarvis to try and wind up his home town fans after his penalty is embarrassing. Honestly that nearly started a riot in itself and I honestly feel played a part in the idiots from our side running unto the pitch to confront the Dundalk fans .

Food luck for the rest of the season . I hope you do the double just not the treble please ... DCFC #num5#
I have to say that’s a very sensible and well balanced post thanks. I boo the hell out of Finn when he plays against us so no probs with that. As you state throwing things at players is unacceptable. We certainly have section of embarrassing scumbags but I’d hope that the majority of Derry fans would agree with you that they’re not representative of us as a whole . Derry fans were always very well respected in Dundalk. I remember a group of them used to always stop for a pint in the old Russell’s pub when Derry played in Dublin. I can see why you’d be annoyed with Jarvis, whether I agree with it or not.

Blackandwhite10
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Blackandwhite10 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:14 pm

Eltel074 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:41 pm
Dean Jarvis got none to little abuse as he wasn't on the pitch very long . Duffy and Fats get booed which most do at former grounds . I don't know where you are getting extreme from ? Extreme booing is that even a thing haha ?
Duffy and Fats are well respected players as is McEneff at Rovers . Aaron recently scored a pen at the brandywell and didn't celebrate. Jarvis nearly started a riot but we know his character up here in Derry so I suppose its to be expected
Can't believe you took time out of your day to sign up to a dundalk chat forum as a derry fan, what a loser u are haha. Jarvis put his fingers in his ears after he scored to highlight the abuse he was getting , gone on wud ya

Eltel074
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Eltel074 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:33 pm

Blackandwhite10 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:14 pm
Eltel074 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:41 pm
Can't believe you took time out of your day to sign up to a dundalk chat forum as a derry fan, what a loser u are haha. Jarvis put his fingers in his ears after he scored to highlight the abuse he was getting , gone on wud ya
I took time out of my day to sign up to this forum to give a Derry side to the goings on Saturday night because I know that the vast majority of Dundalk fans are proper fans . Reading your post I guess you where one of the clowns on the pitch . Jarvis got no abuse because we don't care about him it's the quality players you miss who you boo . Players like Mceneff Fats Duffy definitely not Jarvis

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:00 pm

I’ve appreciated your posts today anyway eltel. Gives me hope there’ll be no long lasting enmity. It’s not that long since a Derry fan bus travelling back from Dublin would stop for pints in Oriel. Derry fans even supported us at the 2002 cup final.

Eltel074
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Eltel074 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:24 pm

El Paso wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:00 pm
I’ve appreciated your posts today anyway eltel. Gives me hope there’ll be no long lasting enmity. It’s not that long since a Derry fan bus travelling back from Dublin would stop for pints in Oriel. Derry fans even supported us at the 2002 cup final.
Thank you El Paso. I know what it is like to have a clubs name tarnished by a few clowns . If Dundalk can stop Rovers from winning trophies then that will do for me . Good luck for the rest of the season I look forward to next year's challenges and a few pints in oriel