Derry City V Dundalk | Sat 14 Sept | 8pm | Ryan McBride Stadium Brandywell | EA Sports Cup Final

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Duffman, Colin Gallagher

Pepsi
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Derry City V Dundalk | Sat 14 Sept | 8pm | Ryan McBride Stadium Brandywell | EA Sports Cup Final

Post by Pepsi » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:31 pm

Fair play Eltel....as the saying goes.....the minority dont represent the majority (unless you are in Bojos gang in Westminster). Watched the game Sat. night with my daughter, father and granduncle...was a lovely day out. Broke down laughing when I seen the grand uncle who is in his late 70s early 80s with his mobile in hand taking pictures of the scum. He then gave one of them a rap around the ear when he was leaving the ground. Wee lad looked at him and said sorry Mr.X....and hurried off.

Blackandwhite10
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Derry City V Dundalk | Sat 14 Sept | 8pm | Ryan McBride Stadium Brandywell | EA Sports Cup Final

Post by Blackandwhite10 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:50 pm

Eltel074 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:33 pm
Blackandwhite10 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:14 pm
Eltel074 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:41 pm
Dean Jarvis got none to little abuse as he wasn't on the pitch very long . Duffy and Fats get booed which most do at former grounds . I don't know where you are getting extreme from ? Extreme booing is that even a thing haha ?
Duffy and Fats are well respected players as is McEneff at Rovers . Aaron recently scored a pen at the brandywell and didn't celebrate. Jarvis nearly started a riot but we know his character up here in Derry so I suppose its to be expected
Can't believe you took time out of your day to sign up to a dundalk chat forum as a derry fan, what a loser u are haha. Jarvis put his fingers in his ears after he scored to highlight the abuse he was getting , gone on wud ya
I took time out of my day to sign up to this forum to give a Derry side to the goings on Saturday night because I know that the vast majority of Dundalk fans are proper fans . Reading your post I guess you where one of the clowns on the pitch . Jarvis got no abuse because we don't care about him it's the quality players you miss who you boo . Players like Mceneff Fats Duffy definitely not Jarvis

He's to good for your club anyways that's why he plays for champions of Ireland and not a mid table team.

ThreeLittleBirds
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by ThreeLittleBirds » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:38 pm

Just something to take away from what happened the other night after the game, there was no need for it and we move on from it. I think as a fanbase all fans should now come together to deck out the town in flags and bunting to celebrate our wonderful team, I was going to make contact with the club and ask if they would like to support this but if not it will need an effort from all fans (in both hanging flags and possibly monetary donations too). Just throwing this out here to see if there would be genuine interest and support. It's sad to see the lack of black and white through town these days.

Eltel074
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Eltel074 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:22 pm

Blackandwhite10 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:50 pm
Eltel074 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:33 pm
Blackandwhite10 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:14 pm

Can't believe you took time out of your day to sign up to a dundalk chat forum as a derry fan, what a loser u are haha. Jarvis put his fingers in his ears after he scored to highlight the abuse he was getting , gone on wud ya
I took time out of my day to sign up to this forum to give a Derry side to the goings on Saturday night because I know that the vast majority of Dundalk fans are proper fans . Reading your post I guess you where one of the clowns on the pitch . Jarvis got no abuse because we don't care about him it's the quality players you miss who you boo . Players like Mceneff Fats Duffy definitely not Jarvis

He's to good for your club anyways that's why he plays for champions of Ireland and not a mid table team.
If you think Derry are a mid table team you are obviously a bigger idiot than I first thought

iloveduffy.com
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by iloveduffy.com » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:47 pm

ThreeLittleBirds wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:38 pm
Just something to take away from what happened the other night after the game, there was no need for it and we move on from it. I think as a fanbase all fans should now come together to deck out the town in flags and bunting to celebrate our wonderful team, I was going to make contact with the club and ask if they would like to support this but if not it will need an effort from all fans (in both hanging flags and possibly monetary donations too). Just throwing this out here to see if there would be genuine interest and support. It's sad to see the lack of black and white through town these days.
It was very bad during the European campaign. Hopefully more will go up if we beat Waterford and can win the league vs rovers, most likely will go up if we beat Sligo.
In Kenny we Trust

Blackandwhite10
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Blackandwhite10 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:16 am

[/quote]

If you think Derry are a mid table team you are obviously a bigger idiot than I first thought
[/quote]

Drawing on points with 5th place st pats in a 10 team league sounds mid table to me never mind 8th in 2018 , our derry men will have more premier division titles after this year than your club has ever in its existence.

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by colymull » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:27 am

Blackandwhite10 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:16 am

[/quote]

Drawing on points with 5th place st pats in a 10 team league sounds mid table to me never mind 8th in 2018 , our derry men will have more premier division titles after this year than your club has ever in its existence.
[/quote]

This post is a small example of what's going on in certain parts of our fanbase. There is a small section of fans who think that every team we play is a huge rival and should be almost hated and at times attacked.
I along with most Dundalk fans have never had a problem with Derry City FC. In fact, there has probably been a mutual respect between clubs and fans, so much so that I remember wanting to play Derry in the 2002 cup final cause it would've made for a great occasion both pre match and during. For me Rovers are the only team in the while league I have any ill feelings towards.
I would hate for the new breed of fans coming through to do anything to damage the so called bond ourselves and Derry have built up through the years!

McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves

Post by McNultys Discopants » Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:23 am

colymull wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:27 am
Blackandwhite10 wrote:

[/quote]

This post is a small example of what's going on in certain parts of our fanbase. There is a small section of fans who think that every team we play is a huge rival and should be almost hated and at times attacked.
I along with most Dundalk fans have never had a problem with Derry City FC. In fact, there has probably been a mutual respect between clubs and fans, so much so that I remember wanting to play Derry in the 2002 cup final cause it would've made for a great occasion both pre match and during. For me Rovers are the only team in the while league I have any ill feelings towards.
I would hate for the new breed of fans coming through to do anything to damage the so called bond ourselves and Derry have built up through the years!
[/quote]

+1

"BlackandWhite10" talking absolute bullsh1t outta his hole!

G'lack!

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:39 pm

Yeah I've seen a bit of that on social media recently. Making rivalries with everyone - Bohs being the latest. I don't expect us to be loved, but I think we should be above some millwall-esque nonsense of "everyone hates us and we don't care".

Personally I have soft spots for Derry, Sligo and Bohs. I never gave a shite either way about Cork, although watching their cough get softened this year has been satisfying.

For me the only club I actively dislike is Rovers - the consistently bad behaviour of so many of their fans, the excuses made for it by the rest of the fans and the club itself, how they got away with stiffing their creditors to the tune of 3 million quid, and the way they lecture clubs like ours about facilities when everything they have was handed to them on a silver platter by the taxpayer.

Eltel074
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Eltel074 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:57 pm

colymull wrote:
Blackandwhite10 wrote:

[/quote]

[/quote]

I totally agree it's Muppets like blackandwhite who give a club a bad name . Trying to be a big man starting online arguments for absolutely no reason whatsoever seems to be the way with guys his age . You can spot them a mile away zero grammer and no opinions apart from trying to slag off others .
I remember being in Dundalk when they where bottom of the league with around 400 fans at the game but we always had a good laugh in the bars with them and the locals . If you arnt aware wait to you see Shels next season they are followed by the kind of Muppets we are talking about .

Blackandwhite10
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Blackandwhite10 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:40 pm

Eltel074 wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:57 pm
colymull wrote:
Blackandwhite10 wrote:

[/quote]

I totally agree it's Muppets like blackandwhite who give a club a bad name . Trying to be a big man starting online arguments for absolutely no reason whatsoever seems to be the way with guys his age . You can spot them a mile away zero grammer and no opinions apart from trying to slag off others .
I remember being in Dundalk when they where bottom of the league with around 400 fans at the game but we always had a good laugh in the bars with them and the locals . If you arnt aware wait to you see Shels next season they are followed by the kind of Muppets we are talking about .
[/quote]

Give a club a bad name? In what way ? I was at the game with my 2 sons and I certainly wasn't running on any pitch I'm 42 years of age but if your going to come on a dundalk forum and slag a few of our current players I'm going to have there back and slag you back don't cry and start getting all offended.

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Shoco » Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:11 pm

Well you’re acting like a 14 year old, not a 42 year old.

Eltel074
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Eltel074 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:56 pm

Shoco wrote:
Wed Sep 18, 2019 8:11 pm
Well you’re acting like a 14 year old, not a 42 year old.

I'm actually shocked this guy claims he is 42 haha . He talks and acts like a 14 year old you are right . Anyhow good luck to DFC for rest of the season who thought you could have your greatest season the one after King Kenny left ..