Sligo Rovers V Dundalk | Sun 29 Sept | 5pm | Showgrounds | FAI Cup Semi-final

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Sligo Rovers V Dundalk | Sun 29 Sept | 5pm | Showgrounds | FAI Cup Semi-final

Post by Louth4sam » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:02 pm

Robbiedundalk2 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:40 pm
200 tickets returned, I thought we could sell our section, all considered. Let’s make sure the 600 make lots of noise and get behind the team
Making tickets only available for sale at Oriel Park has stopped me from going and I'm sure there are plenty of others in the same boat. Why not sell them to season ticket holders last Monday night or make online sales available.

The kickoff time hasn't helped either
"This is not only a point to make headlines, it is the truth. Football on artificial turf is the future." - FIFA president Sepp Blatter

Adam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Sligo Rovers V Dundalk | Sun 29 Sept | 5pm | Showgrounds | FAI Cup Semi-final

Post by Adam » Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:10 pm

Pepsi wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 11:49 am
Have a feeling we will be talking about refs decisions later tonight. Had a few pints (too many) last night, went to bed and had a dream....could see Conway and Gavin talking to the ref, they were saying Dundalk have to go out of the cup tonight, doesnt matter what it costs. FAI need Rovers to win something to justify their ground and belief that they are Irelands number 1.....biggest club in Ireland Conway said.

Well I woke up thinking FAIs Love Child.....wife told me I was muttering "FAIs Love Child, JDs bastards" 10 minutes before. C'mon The Town
POTY!
What the ancients called a clever fighter is one who not only wins, but excels in winning with ease.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:25 pm

They are eager. Going into the ground 2 hrs ahead.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Sneachta » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:36 pm

Mediocre performance so far from us. Pitch looks poor. Very soft and bobbly and definitely, as a hamstring sufferer myself, was a contributing factor to Patrick mcelenay's hamstring injury. And maybe Parkes knee injury.

Sligo are all up for it. Crowd and all. If they score first, we could be up against it.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Sun Sep 29, 2019 5:53 pm

Think I’d fancy a draw and another big night in Oriel.

Crap pitch alright. Very hard to control the ball. McEleney back in as an 8 was interesting. I didn’t want him to start the way he gassed out Monday. Muscle injury could end his season.

Probably a penalty but his dive probably cost him.

Sligo kicking us again too. Wonderful will they finish with 11.

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Sneachta » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:07 pm

Dunno EP. I think Cleary can count himself lucky. Ref was close enough that he could've heard him clip couglans shin pads.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:19 pm

Oh yeah, it was a foul. Should’ve been a penalty. Just trying to rationalise why Harvey... never mind!

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Wexford White » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:01 pm

Georgie comes on and straight away lays off the winner!
The Back of the Wall

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Sneachta » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:09 pm

We are some robbin b*****s. Ah well. Roll on the Aviva

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:18 pm

Pretty ugly, but I'd blame the pitch for that. That extra half-second to control the ball is all it takes to lose precision and make a game scrappy.

We have to listen to some amount of nonsense about our pitch when a grass one can be in that condition in September. Has it caused two bad muscle injuries tonight?

Won't be bringing my kid to the final anyway. Would love to be wrong but, between some of the scrotes we have and their tramp-colony of a club, it could be a pretty nasty atmosphere. Military precision segregation going to be needed. Even still I could see them having lads who never go near League of Ireland matches going along to have a pop off the police, never mind us.

Johnnybegood33
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:54 pm

Sean Murray ran the game near the end , a serious player , Gerorgie heads it down for the goal. Excellent substitutions , Georgie should play the next four games & Murray.

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by colymull » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:07 pm

Sligo will be heartbroken that they didn't get a chance of a replay but at the same time, I cant remember Rogers having to make any kind of save. They're a decent side and had Parkes stayed fit it might have been different.
Anyway the annual trip to the Aviva is in the bag and the added incentive of not only the elusive Treble but also a chance to prolong the nonsense of this drive for 25 that has been going for 32 long years!!!

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:13 pm

Was kind of hoping for a replay and one more huge night in Oriel this season, especially with the way we had the title in the bag weeks ago.

Anyway, last time Rovers won it they beat us in the Final, and it was us that stopped them doing a treble by beating them in the League Cup final.

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:34 pm

Thought Murray was excellent when he came on. Duffy has gotten a bit of his form back of late. Pity about Fats as he has been motoring nicely over the past few weeks

paul1
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by paul1 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:02 pm

Any idea why we were not in our purple kit and how Mceleney started as captain??