Covid -19

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Covid -19

Post by El Paso » Thu Jul 02, 2020 7:59 pm

I think what we’ve agreed to and what we would have preferred are being mixed up here. We wanted more games and we wanted relegation. But most of all we wanted football to start again ASAP, and that’s probably why we compromised and sided with the other PD clubs.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:54 pm

Own Cowzer speculating that the LOI steering group may introduce when they meet tomorrow
THE League of Ireland is set to implement the five-subs rule for the ­remainder of the season — but there will be no water breaks.
https://www.thesun.ie/sport/football/56 ... harebarweb
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:33 am

Sligo v Waterford off due to suspected case in a Waterford player. Would be a shame to have to write the season off.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:39 pm

El Paso wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:33 am
Sligo v Waterford off due to suspected case in a Waterford player. Would be a shame to have to write the season off.
To be fair it's only suspected at the moment, and he didn't play against Shelbourne, just travelled.

I'm sure the FAI have already got a plan B if the league was to be called off.

Rovers will want Euro spots decided on current positions. That's hard to justify. Better to run a couple of shortened seasons from Jan to Dec next year.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:16 pm

oldfogey wrote:
Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:39 pm

Rovers will want Euro spots decided on current positions. That's hard to justify. Better to run a couple of shortened seasons from Jan to Dec next year.
That's a tad premature at this point

Of more immediate concern
James Rogers
@jamesdundalk

Dundalk's next 2 home games against Waterford in the Cup and League potentially in doubt if the Covid-19 test on a Blues player comes back positive. That would leave the side with no competitive game after Friday's trip to Bohs ahead of their Champions League qualifier
Ezeikial posts personal opinions and observations from this supporters perspective.

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Covid -19

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:51 pm

So the English Prem league can get finished without any Covid cases even though the virus is rampant there.
Here, where only 5% of the population have contracted it, we get a player with a suspected case after the first wkend?
Hopefully it’s just the flu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Sneachta » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:43 pm

El Paso wrote:Sligo v Waterford off due to suspected case in a Waterford player. Would be a shame to have to write the season off.
I doubt it. There were cases in an the major leagues and they carried on. Add long as protocols for isolation and those in close contact are followed then it should be fine. There's been cases in gaa as but the season continues. Things can't continue to be closed/stopped indefinitely. There has be plans and people have to follow them..... Like wearing masks.Image

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:54 pm

I wouldn’t use America as a template for anything right now. Basket case of stupidity. *If* he’s positive then that’s everyone he’s been in contact with who has to isolate by our rules. That’s Waterford out for a fortnight. The fact he didn’t play against Shels is also irrelevant - he was in close contact with the players who did. Don’t see how Shels can play or even train til they all get tested and get the all clear either.

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Sneachta » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:35 pm

I don't think I mentioned America anywhere?

Waterford definitely yes, I'm not so sure about shels considering the definition of close contact doesn't fall under the remit of being on a soccer pitch, for 90 minutes, while in the vicinity of someone who was in contact with someone who may have the virus.

I say this because it happened our team right before this lockdown. None of us were infected, while a chap who's wife is a doctor, was, yet he played on the pitch with us. I wouldn't be getting too carried away just yet EP

El Paso
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by El Paso » Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:55 pm

Thought you meant Major League Baseball.

Our league has to abide by our government’s rules.

My point about Shels is not isolation, just that they will have to be tested and cautious until they get the all clear - they should want to be. No point finding out the hard way.

Ezeikial
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by Ezeikial » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:38 am

James Rogers
@jamesdundalk
Potentially good news for League of Ireland fans with reports this morning suggesting that crowds attending outdoor events is set to be increased to 500, which would in theory allow a small number of fans into grounds
https://twitter.com/jamesdundalk/status ... 4760672256

McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves

Post by McNultys Discopants » Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:41 pm

El Paso wrote:
In the interest of public health if this case is confirmed there's only one thing to do, declare this season null and void!

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Shoco » Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:07 pm

No change to the 200 allowed at sporting events

Sneachta
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Sneachta » Tue Aug 04, 2020 10:11 pm

McNultys Discopants wrote:
El Paso wrote:
In the interest of public health if this case is confirmed there's only one thing to do, declare this season null and void!
Whatever way to look at it it seems a complete disaster/amateur hour down on Waterford. Club doctor resigned and another player now being tested. Seems like they were ploughing on as of there was no virus and the doc got pist cos they didn't listen to her and decided, see ye later boyos!

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Wexford White » Wed Aug 05, 2020 11:07 pm

Negative result on first player
The Back of the Wall