2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Post Reply
Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 433
Joined: Sat May 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Bob Prole » Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:25 pm

Bill did an interview with Paul Rowan in the Sunday Times the week after Vinny was hired and stated that he was going to be holding clear the air meetings with Jim and Vinny. That’s where. Quick reminder that Bill is one of the biggest sources of ‘leaks’. The other club owners know more about what’s going on with our club than the fans do because he tells them.

As well there were never any quotes at all from Jim about Vinny being hired and Vinny didn’t mention Jim when he said the board had sanctioned four signings. I’m surprised the relationship has been said to have deteriorated because there didn’t seem to be one in the first place.

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 433
Joined: Sat May 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Bob Prole » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:09 pm

If the owners are as supportive as Vinny claims, why does he still have no official assistant just Liam Burns triple jobbing? Who's his opposition analyst? And why are we still relying on random physios doing nixers in the middle of a European campaign after having two full time lads leave?

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:23 pm

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by southerncomfort » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:45 pm

Bob Prole wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:09 pm If the owners are as supportive as Vinny claims, why does he still have no official assistant just Liam Burns triple jobbing? Who's his opposition analyst? And why are we still relying on random physios doing nixers in the middle of a European campaign after having two full time lads leave?
1
All the budgetary uncertainty remains given the early season sh1t show

2
VP’s position is/was precarious / short term . Perhaps that’s maybe changed given stability . When that’s stable - them you bring in backroom staff .

3
P6 will be once bitten twice shy on these things- not to mention any candidates worth their salt will be reluctant until they know that it’s stable and the manager is firmly in the seat.

All obvious stuff - we all wish things were more stable - they’re not . Doesn’t mean board not willing to back manager and pay wages.

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 433
Joined: Sat May 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Bob Prole » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:56 pm

That's exactly what it means.

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 433
Joined: Sat May 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Bob Prole » Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:03 pm

New physio announced. Good news. Maybe Vinny’s right to have confidence in the Board after all

Richie87
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 359
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Richie87 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:38 am

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:04 pm
Richie87 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:21 pm
Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:25 pm

I hope it’s more BS and Jim stays . VP has been quite vocal about the club needing a Sporting Director.
For what it’s worth, I don’t think the finger can be pointed at JM for failing to bring in a manager. Seems to me that Bill went over his head and appointed Vinny
Why would you want JM to stay if he being undermined in his.role? What could he bring to the table if he's not getting the full backing?
It's said the relationship between Magilton and Perth has deteriorated n recent week.

Perth has said he wanted to work with a Sporting Director, but Perth wasn't wanted by Magilton.
Do you think a new SD wouldn’t be undermined as you put it? If a man on a 4 yr deal is being undermined you can bet the next man will be too.
Anyway, there’s too much of fans ‘knowing’ what JM’s role is.
It’s said the relationship has deteriorated?? Where?
As VP said, there’s too much noise around the club. Everyone seems to know what’s going on behind the scenes but as Vinny said , we need to be careful where we get our info from.
I’m talking about all fans and not you in particular Richie
It said the relationship detoriated in recent weeks in the Star. I doubt if Magilton was to leave another Director will be replacing him so irrelevant to discuss if another would be undermined. No clear signs if the owners are even with the club next year.

Perth is more creating a siege mentality which can be good.but as James Rogers said, shouldn't be referencing social media all the time if he says he doesn't look.at it

User avatar
niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7330
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:47 pm
Location: dundalk
Contact:

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:21 pm

Dundalk have signed ex Leicester and Wycombe GK Cameron Yates on a free transfer https://t.co/LHbwxpEhss
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2308
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by oldfogey » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:18 pm

Richie87 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:38 am
Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:04 pm
Richie87 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:21 pm

Why would you want JM to stay if he being undermined in his.role? What could he bring to the table if he's not getting the full backing?
It's said the relationship between Magilton and Perth has deteriorated n recent week.

Perth has said he wanted to work with a Sporting Director, but Perth wasn't wanted by Magilton.
Do you think a new SD wouldn’t be undermined as you put it? If a man on a 4 yr deal is being undermined you can bet the next man will be too.
Anyway, there’s too much of fans ‘knowing’ what JM’s role is.
It’s said the relationship has deteriorated?? Where?
As VP said, there’s too much noise around the club. Everyone seems to know what’s going on behind the scenes but as Vinny said , we need to be careful where we get our info from.
I’m talking about all fans and not you in particular Richie
It said the relationship detoriated in recent weeks in the Star. I doubt if Magilton was to leave another Director will be replacing him so irrelevant to discuss if another would be undermined. No clear signs if the owners are even with the club next year.

Perth is more creating a siege mentality which can be good.but as James Rogers said, shouldn't be referencing social media all the time if he says he doesn't look.at it
I would imagine the job specs for Gavin (Media Content Officer) and Darren (Press Officer) would include monitoring all media output and providing a synopsis for VP, JM, and the owners, as appropriate. I had a quick look on the club website and noted that the whole Match Day Accreditation & Player/Coaching Staff interview process has been formalised - and rightly so. Not sure how recent this is, but I would imagine that some out there would be irked by the fact that they can't just ring up a player looking for an interview/comment without going through the Communications Dept first.

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1077
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:21 pm

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Pepsi » Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:53 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:21 pm Dundalk have signed ex Leicester and Wycombe GK Cameron Yates on a free transfer https://t.co/LHbwxpEhss
We will have to wait and see him in the kit to be sure .... bit strange that it is not being announced by local journalists. JR did mention him in the Pressbox but it was a case of he was training with the team.

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 91
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:23 pm

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by southerncomfort » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:36 pm

https://twistedwave.com/audio_files/512 ... de99d8dd09

Audio posted by gm. vp confirning nothing agreed yet re next year for himself.
maybe he's playing hard to get! or maybe hes just flat after the defeat. but certainly sounds wounded from last year so perhaps needs more convincing about stability. Suspect that will reflect the type of feeling around all key players.
No one seems to have asked him about the jm stuff from the star - probably for the best for now.
I'm still in the boat that the club need leeway after the mess ups - but there's no way I sign a contract unless I have a sense of who the gaffer is next year. Its a core consideration for any player ( and probably manager too ).

Either way - if we win our games in hand we're 4th - with an a good eye on Europe. all hands on deck for sunday

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 975
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:38 pm

southerncomfort wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:36 pm https://twistedwave.com/audio_files/512 ... de99d8dd09

Audio posted by gm. vp confirning nothing agreed yet re next year for himself.
maybe he's playing hard to get! or maybe hes just flat after the defeat. but certainly sounds wounded from last year so perhaps needs more convincing about stability. Suspect that will reflect the type of feeling around all key players.
No one seems to have asked him about the jm stuff from the star - probably for the best for now.
I'm still in the boat that the club need leeway after the mess ups - but there's no way I sign a contract unless I have a sense of who the gaffer is next year. Its a core consideration for any player ( and probably manager too ).

Either way - if we win our games in hand we're 4th - with an a good eye on Europe. all hands on deck for sunday
Probably the worst audio I’ve ever heard, sounds like Vinny is talking under a wet towel.
What does he say at the end? “ maybe there’s a change in the club but it’s too early yet…”??

User avatar
BigChief
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:38 pm

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by BigChief » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:44 pm

Club confirm Midstkogen & Dogan have departed.

Richie87
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 359
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Richie87 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:10 pm

Just the 1 goal for Midstkogen in 15 appearances. A header against Finn Harps away.

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1077
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:21 pm

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Pepsi » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:44 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:38 pm
southerncomfort wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:36 pm https://twistedwave.com/audio_files/512 ... de99d8dd09

Audio posted by gm. vp confirning nothing agreed yet re next year for himself.
maybe he's playing hard to get! or maybe hes just flat after the defeat. but certainly sounds wounded from last year so perhaps needs more convincing about stability. Suspect that will reflect the type of feeling around all key players.
No one seems to have asked him about the jm stuff from the star - probably for the best for now.
I'm still in the boat that the club need leeway after the mess ups - but there's no way I sign a contract unless I have a sense of who the gaffer is next year. Its a core consideration for any player ( and probably manager too ).

Either way - if we win our games in hand we're 4th - with an a good eye on Europe. all hands on deck for sunday
Probably the worst audio I’ve ever heard, sounds like Vinny is talking under a wet towel.
What does he say at the end? “ maybe there’s a change in the club but it’s too early yet…”??
Think it is a recording of an online interview using a phone.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4459
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:27 pm

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:02 pm

BigChief wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:44 pm Club confirm Midstkogen & Dogan have departed.
A positive sign.

I have a feeling Peak6 have become more focused on the task at hand. A glimpse at another European run may have got them thinking again..Purely speculation of course.

Post Reply