2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:59 pm

Great to see new signings , it indicates a positive vibe . Onwards & upwards . Cmon The Town.

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:16 pm

Val supposedly on his way to the Premier League .... club set to bag a fee. Will be sad to see the lad go as he has always impressed when given his chance, on the other hand .... great for the lad.

BigChief
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BigChief » Thu Aug 19, 2021 8:34 pm

Great news for Val. Any hear any ideas on the club or fee?

superman
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by superman » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:05 pm

Val gone to Brentford is the rumour.

I really hope contracts and transfer targets are getting sorted now for next year. This is probably the most important period for next season. It's clear we won't be in Europe (unless somehow we string our European form for the cup). So its time to take a step back and rebuild. Too many injury-prone players in the squad, who don't get a run long enough in the team to show their skill. For me, time to cut the losses with them. Some of the new players should also get a chance, for me Stanton, Ravis and Han should be kept for the sake of continuity.

I don't know what is happening behind the scenes, so maybe a coherent strategy is being fanciful, but hope the transfer policy returns to what it was under Kenny, with early 20 year old LOI players looking to take the next step. A couple of Bohs players might prefer full-time contracts over being part-time. Center backs are a must, along with a replacement for Shields. Dundalk should throw the kitchen sink at Dylan Watt as well. Rovers have an old squad, they really couldn't lose him.

Again, who knows what will happen in the next few weeks concerning ownership, manager, and what is happening behind the scenes (Magilton is an absolute bluffer). That really needs to be sorted, so maybe this is all unlikely. Also, maybe Peak6 don't want to flex any more finances (which was wasted by bluffers, and crazy shenanigans behind the scenes).

Some much needed positive vibes are needed going into next year. That means getting some character back into the team, getting lads you want to be here and can see the club taking the next step in winning back the league title and Europe. Really need to get a team that the fans can buzz off.
Dundalk F.C : complaining about refs since 1903

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Wexford White » Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:52 pm

Be great for the lad if it was Brentford - enthusiastic and positive vibes there at the moment.
The Back of the Wall
They come in packs of 5 - and I need 6

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:58 pm

I can’t defend myself, I can’t defend the players, I can’t defend the recruitment and I can’t defend the club tonight. That’s a difficult position to be in as a coach.
Brutal honesty at last after the fake Mourinho routine after the last couple of defeats.

Alrightourfella
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Alrightourfella » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:33 am

I heard the lads at the Unit have terminated ther agreement with the club over the working environment at the club unfortunately.

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:34 am

Alrightourfella wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:33 am I heard the lads at the Unit have terminated ther agreement with the club over the working environment at the club unfortunately.
Not good news. The unit was one of the positives to come out of OP this year.

There’s a rumour I’ve heard a few times from different people. A consortium is trying to be established which includes the owner of statsports with a view to buying the club. Any truth in this?

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:23 pm

Alrightourfella wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:33 am I heard the lads at the Unit have terminated ther agreement with the club over the working environment at the club unfortunately.
That's a real pity if true. Where would it leave the partner deals already confirmed? Was a thing I wondered about The Unit being involved, is one thing hand in hand with the others?

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:47 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:34 am

There’s a rumour I’ve heard a few times from different people. A consortium is trying to be established which includes the owner of statsports with a view to buying the club. Any truth in this?
I don't think that rumour is true re the unit.

Mags byrne (former Sunderland chief) was tasked with finding buyers for the club but I don't think anything has gone past the early stages.

The yanks are staying apparently and they are reappointing a very popular former employee on a part time/ consultancy basis while they find someone who can run a football club properly.

Want to stress that these are rumours posted on a rumours thread!!

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:01 pm

It’s true about Mike then? So are they ‘staying’ cos Bill likes his toy or are they staying because they’ve decided to do the job properly?

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:36 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:47 pm
Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:34 am

I don't think that rumour is true re the unit.

Mags byrne (former Sunderland chief) was tasked with finding buyers for the club but I don't think anything has gone past the early stages.

The yanks are staying apparently and they are reappointing a very popular former employee on a part time/ consultancy basis while they find someone who can run a football club properly.

Want to stress that these are rumours posted on a rumours thread!!

Your rumours or Alrightourfella’s rumours?? Lol. It’s hard to keep up 🤣

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:58 pm

Adedokun transfer confirmed. Best of luck to him and hopefully see him in the Premier League and playing in a Stephen Kenny international team someday soon.

From the squad we had for the President's Cup we've lost five players plus the two who never played and we've added four plus Patching coming back. You wouldn't see that much turnover in some close seasons.

Richie87
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Richie87 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:41 pm

Goodluck to Adedokun . Brentford seem a well run club, with a different approach in the transfer market..

Though will be tough for Adedokun ,he'll likely get some loan experience. Ogbene was with Brentford a few years and had to leave to get regular football .

Towelie
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Towelie » Wed Aug 25, 2021 10:21 pm

We're looking at a couple of free agents, one of them being former Ipswich and Limerick player Barry Cotter as per James Rogers on the Press Box.

Most famous for going viral due to his resemblance to Neymar.