2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Post Reply
Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 477
Joined: Sat May 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Bob Prole » Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:24 pm

Agree with all that Rapier.

Also seen in the Argus that Des Dunleavy has now walked. Checked last night’s program and his name is gone. Will the last person in Oriel please remember to turn off the floodlights 😔

Alrightourfella
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:16 pm

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Alrightourfella » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:21 pm

The last few games have be decent the question is were was that all season? We won the game which is brilliant but players high fiving each other for climbing out of the relegation zone is surreal with Dundalk FC being the most successful club in recent years to were we are now i thought we went top of the league last night, its next season we will be in trouble regardless if we win the cup and stay up because our best players will be gone in 6/7 weeks some will get 52 week 2 year deals somewhere else some wont they will be on the dole and yes of course as we speak players are talking privately to other clubs with bills to pay and christmas around the corner who can blame them with no contact from peak6 either its going to much worse i feel.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2371
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by oldfogey » Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:25 pm

Alrightourfella wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:21 pm The last few games have be decent the question is were was that all season? We won the game which is brilliant but players high fiving each other for climbing out of the relegation zone is surreal with Dundalk FC being the most successful club in recent years to were we are now i thought we went top of the league last night, its next season we will be in trouble regardless if we win the cup and stay up because our best players will be gone in 6/7 weeks some will get 52 week 2 year deals somewhere else some wont they will be on the dole and yes of course as we speak players are talking privately to other clubs with bills to pay and christmas around the corner who can blame them with no contact from peak6 either its going to much worse i feel.
I'm sure you made a valid point, but I won't read sentences with more than 50 words. I tried counting them but I ran out of battery just as I passed 100.

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 804
Joined: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:58 pm

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:03 am

What a fantastic turn around by the team . Massive credit to players & management . They showed huge belief & professionalism . It’s one game at a time , Vinny has turned it around big time & deserves a lot of credit. A lot of good news on contracts , will be revealed soon . CMON THE TOWN . & as Oddball said , in Kelly’s Heroes , “ Dont give me , those negative waves “.👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

User avatar
mike
Club Captain
Club Captain
Posts: 7993
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:08 pm
Location: Iúr Cinn Trá & Ath Cliath

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by mike » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:45 am

Just a pity with the momentum building and confidence growing we can't get any clarity on contracts.

Have P6 any intention of offering contracts to current players for 2022, and if so will this be any on 2 year deals or the b/s of 1 year with 1 year option?

If this is the latter, we can almost get prepared for the likes of Duffy, Hoban, Patching, Stanton, Slogget and others to join our rivals and make them stronger, and if so P6 will have achieved their 'aim' of destroying the club.

The only slack I will cut them is if they are genuinely interested in selling up, and maybe something is happening in the background on that, but seems to have gone quiet, either way we are into October on Friday and still nothing on players for 2022.

Rapier
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon May 16, 2005 4:16 pm

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Rapier » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:10 pm

duffy to derry on a 4 year deal confirmed

been a fantastic player for us, 100% committed and just a brilliant player who has dragged us to wins repeatedly down the years. its terrible for us to lose players of his and mceleney's quality but the blame lies with nobody else but our ownership and mismanagement at boardroom level.

User avatar
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4283
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:33 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Louth4sam » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:12 pm

mike wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:45 am Just a pity with the momentum building and confidence growing we can't get any clarity on contracts.

Have P6 any intention of offering contracts to current players for 2022, and if so will this be any on 2 year deals or the b/s of 1 year with 1 year option?

If this is the latter, we can almost get prepared for the likes of Duffy, Hoban, Patching, Stanton, Slogget and others to join our rivals and make them stronger, and if so P6 will have achieved their 'aim' of destroying the club.

The only slack I will cut them is if they are genuinely interested in selling up, and maybe something is happening in the background on that, but seems to have gone quiet, either way we are into October on Friday and still nothing on players for 2022.
If Peak6 are keen to sell, I'd be surprised to see us sign any contracts prior to 2022 to give them as much time as possible to get out the door. It will take a monumental rebuild next year if this turns out to be the case.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

User avatar
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4283
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:33 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Louth4sam » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:18 pm

Rapier wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:10 pm but the blame lies with nobody else but our ownership and mismanagement at boardroom level.
No, no no. It's the fans fault for not believing in the project enough. Or maybe it was the staff being resistant to change, or maybe the journalists, disgruntled ex staff, the FAI, Louth CoCo, the protests, ad nauseam....

As angry as a lot of fans are with Peak 6, I can only imagine the anger of those that defended them repeatedly on this forum and across social media.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4504
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:27 pm

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:32 pm

Much bigger loss than mceleney. Irreplaceable really.

Takeover rumours have gone quiet unfortunately. May have been better to lose to Harps in the cup...

Rapier
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon May 16, 2005 4:16 pm

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Rapier » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:43 pm

the longer the ownership questions go on, the more difficult a task it becomes for any prospective new ownership too.

its hard to project a scenario where a deal is done before the end of the season. then any new owners are probably going to be left with a complete mess with no players under contract, no manager under contract and a fairly likely chance that all of our players actually worth retaining have agreed pre contract deals elsewhere.

i don't buy that we're in meanginful discussions with players over new contracts at present because the truth of the matter is that very few clear thinking players would sign a contract with us at present and will be fobbing us off until there is clarity over the future of the club. and they're entirely right to do so.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2371
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by oldfogey » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:01 pm

I actually believe that Bill Hulsizer will allow the club to fold out of spite if he doesn't get the over inflated price he wants.

Matt will already have taken a write down (for tax reasons) on his investment so any losses are no longer a big deal. The only real sports for them are Basketball, Baseball, and the NFL. We're just a bunch of whingeing Johnny Foreigners who know nothing about nothing, and are to blame for everything.

User avatar
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4283
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:33 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Louth4sam » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:07 pm

oldfogey wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:01 pm I actually believe that Bill Hulsizer will allow the club to fold out of spite if he doesn't get the over inflated price he wants.

Matt will already have taken a write down (for tax reasons) on his investment so any losses are no longer a big deal. The only real sports for them are Basketball, Baseball, and the NFL. We're just a bunch of whingeing Johnny Foreigners who know nothing about nothing, and are to blame for everything.
I'd love to know the price he's looking for as we are pretty much worthless. We have two players signed up, more likely than not no European football next year, no assets apart from European money which will more than likely be needed to cover losses.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

User avatar
BigChief
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:38 pm

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by BigChief » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:08 pm

Patching reportedly set to Follow Duffy & McEleney to Derry also.

Alrightourfella
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 308
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:16 pm

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Alrightourfella » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:20 pm

The Club is eating itself to death cant blame anyone else, no question the yanks have destroyed Dundalk FC they took over a successful winning model now its a shell of what it was unfortunately.

User avatar
Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1366
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:40 pm
Location: Co Wexford

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Wexford White » Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:39 pm

Alrightourfella wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:20 pm The Club is eating itself to death cant blame anyone else, no question the yanks have destroyed Dundalk FC they took over a successful winning model now its a shell of what it was unfortunately.
Just when things seemed to be picking up. You're right about Peak6 - I rue the day they set foot in Oriel.
The Back of the Wall
They come in packs of 5 - and I need 6

Post Reply