2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:09 pm

Pepsi wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:20 pm
dundalkfc1903 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:50 pm Surely there has to be a big concern around who peak 6 would sell the club on to. Let's not forget two dundalk fans handed over the keys of the club to these gobshites. And we were told not to worry, due diligence was done.
Now what due diligence will P6 do for the next owners... They won't give a fiddlers. The club is really in limbo now and unfortunately our previous owners carry a heavy burden.
Bigger worry is, one of the men who sold us is being linked with buying us back with a consortium. Might be time for the lads to come out and tell us just what it was they were promised / what Peak6 believed they were getting and what they received before they get involved once again.
Lads, hindsight is 20/20 vision and I’d doubt Andy and Paul would sell the club knowing what they know now.
Maybe that’s why there are rumours that Andy is part of the statsports consortium ?
There’s no doubt the stars aligned for them with Kenny sitting up in Inishowen but they made all the right decisions and dug us out of a real hole when nobody else would look at us.
Nobody can predict the future but Kenny as happy enough to sit with Peak6 in the YDC.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:10 pm

Alrightourfella wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:19 pm Vinny will be giving one of his crying interviews regarding Duffy to Derry and the noise around the club but he will defend peak6 to the hilt incredible.
I will start by saying that I have absolutely no idea what is going on in the background. What I do know is that ANYTHING is possible with Peak6 and BH. I also know that Vinnie cares passionately about the club. I'm starting to wonder if Bill's price for keeping us operating day to day is for Vinnie to publicly support him.

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:14 pm

oldfogey wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:10 pm
Alrightourfella wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:19 pm Vinny will be giving one of his crying interviews regarding Duffy to Derry and the noise around the club but he will defend peak6 to the hilt incredible.
I will start by saying that I have absolutely no idea what is going on in the background. What I do know is that ANYTHING is possible with Peak6 and BH. I also know that Vinnie cares passionately about the club. I'm starting to wonder if Bill's price for keeping us operating day to day is for Vinnie to publicly support him.
Name any boss who would continue paying your wages if you came out publically and spoke badly about them?

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:20 pm

Football is full of people who constructively criticise the owners they work for. Vinny doesn’t have to come out and say that the Peak6 people and their associates at Dundalk FC are a bunch of morons who have completely fucked it. We already know that without him confirming it. But what he could have done is stopped bullshitting and carrying water for them and publicly goaded or encouraged them to not kill the club stone dead.

DanielSexton
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by DanielSexton » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:47 pm

When the letter came out at the start of the pandemic that no one had to worry about their job or pay, I thought we genuinely had good owners. What happened those owners? The club achieved everything they claimed to want in getting back to the Group Stage last season after that, so why have they done this to us?

I can’t get my head around their decision making. What they have done and are continuing to do makes zero sense. It’s not just a few bad signings or a couple of strategic missteps, they took a winning formula and just absolutely demolished it. They looked at how we got to where we were under our own steam - the greatest club side in 50 years, maybe ever - then *decided* to blow it all up. They have destroyed the value of their own investment in less than a year.

They invested in a club then got rid of all its people. What is a club only its people? It’s not a factory making widgets that can just change employees or managers. The club is nothing without its people and who’s left? Who’s even running the day to day? Are Ailish and Karen and Gavin doing everything? Who else is even full time up there? Are Padraig and Darren being roped in to keep the show from just collapsing? I feel so sorry for the people who love the club who have been forced out and I can only imagine the stress levels on the people who are left. Unlike players, they can’t just walk into another club that’s being run semi competently.

There’s been so much talk this season about everything going on, yet it’s all so bizarre that I don’t know if anyone can actually explain why all this has happened. Personally I don’t think it’s all Bill. Matt Hulsizer seems to be the real root cause of all this. But why? The silence is scandalous.

Our club is genuinely special. The heart of the community. And now it’s on life support and it seems like unless you have a couple of million in your arse pocket none of us can do a thing about it.

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by southerncomfort » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:26 pm

duffy always going to lean towards derry at some point. With no manger confrmed here , and a contract for 4 years - no brainer for him.
Some strange decision making from Americans shouldn't be generating criticsm of the head coach ( who should have been tied in for next season) & is also presumably unemployed himself in a few weeks. Magilton is on a four year contract - so presumably has some answers.
There should be nothing but support for those on the pitch and in the match day dug out from real supporters. Let the pod casters & hacks, with ''access axes'' to grind snipe away - 'mysery loves company style marketing' is great at getting attention , but is not support

We're in full blown mess , we have been since the beggining of the season . Support more important now than ever. We have won 3 games on the bounce with ' real support ' , and its sticking in the throat of some .

bigalan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by bigalan » Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:21 pm

I note the invisable man popped up in a sponsors photo on Monday with the wonderful Moran family. First Ive seen of him in a long time

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:22 am

Obviously I'm gutted to see Duffy go, but the way Derry are splashing the cash it was pretty unavoidable, a bit like Finn stepping down to Rovers at his peak. The loss of Shields and the lads at the start of the season was much more problematic and I expect and fear more of the same at the end of this one. I just don't understand the medium term plan or the end game here for P6.

BigChief
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BigChief » Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:23 am

Don't worry lads, our data Analytic Gurus are going to unearth a team of Jamie Vardys & Ngolo Kantes.

Anyway, on a more serious note, I see D Kelly being linked with a host of clubs online, Hoban linked to Sligo, Sloggett & Patching have been mentioned lately to Derry.
ALL Things LOI on twitter has linked us & Pats to Paul Doyle of UCD ( Cant say know anything about him).

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:04 pm

Just another thought on Duffy/McEleney (and anyone else heading for Derry)..... last day of the season, Dundalk v Derry City. We might not be safe from relegation, Derry might need the win to qualify for Europe. Do you play Duffy v Derry in the hope that he'll drive Dundalk to victory and deny himself and his new team European football? Also Pats winning the cup gives Derry a better chance of Europe than Dundalk winning the cup.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:38 pm

Yea they play - surely Sean Hoare knew he was going to Rovers and he scored against them in the cup final!

Towelie
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Towelie » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:43 pm

seand wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:04 pm Just another thought on Duffy/McEleney (and anyone else heading for Derry)..... last day of the season, Dundalk v Derry City. We might not be safe from relegation, Derry might need the win to qualify for Europe. Do you play Duffy v Derry in the hope that he'll drive Dundalk to victory and deny himself and his new team European football? Also Pats winning the cup gives Derry a better chance of Europe than Dundalk winning the cup.
Would I be right in saying that if Derry finish 4th but we win the cup that Derry miss out on Europe?

Oh that would be sweet.

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand » Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:55 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:38 pm Yea they play - surely Sean Hoare knew he was going to Rovers and he scored against them in the cup final!
Rovers had Champions League in the bag before the cup final, there was no benefit for Hoare in Rovers winning the cup final. I'm not casting aspersions on Duffy, he's a top por, I don't doubt he's committed to doing his best for Dundalk. But on the last day of the season if Derry haven't secured Europe and can do against Dundalk that's an entirely different prospect.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:24 pm

seand wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:04 pm Just another thought on Duffy/McEleney (and anyone else heading for Derry)..... last day of the season, Dundalk v Derry City. We might not be safe from relegation, Derry might need the win to qualify for Europe. Do you play Duffy v Derry in the hope that he'll drive Dundalk to victory and deny himself and his new team European football? Also Pats winning the cup gives Derry a better chance of Europe than Dundalk winning the cup.
That's true, but look at this another angle, if this worked out. Say we win the cup, and Bohs (if they make it) don't make top 3, and Derry do, by virtue of us winning the cup that would then remove the 4th place to get the final euro spot, as that would go to the cup winners and we could essentially 'cost' Derry a euro spot.

Actually, as long as Pats don't win the cup, this pretty much rules out 4th spot for the final euro place.

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:25 pm

Towelie wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:43 pm
Would I be right in saying that if Derry finish 4th but we win the cup that Derry miss out on Europe?

Oh that would be sweet.
Thats 100% correct, it will also apply if Bohs or Waterford win the cup and Bohs don't make top 3, but yes it would be hilarious if it was us who managed it. Then again only the small matter of Pats away and winning the damn thing first !