2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: 2021 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:01 pm

The only Mickey Duffy that spoiled my night was the PA. An utter clown. Idiotic songs drowning out any semblance of an atmosphere, declaring that Derry will represent Ireland in Europe etc etc.

Dundalk10
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Dundalk10 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:53 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:49 pm Ok what happened tonight? Duffy didnt even get 1 minute? Disgraceful decision he deserved a send off
No way Duffy could have played tonight.
Go out and stop the team he's playing for next year getting into Europe? Note a hope any player is going to play in that situation.

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:45 pm

Dundalk10 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:53 pm
niall_hearty2000 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:49 pm Ok what happened tonight? Duffy didnt even get 1 minute? Disgraceful decision he deserved a send off
Go out and stop the team he's playing for next year getting into Europe? Note a hope any player is going to play in that situation.
It’s his job . He literally is getting paid to do it. I know football isn’t usually comparable to ‘normal’ people professions, but if you are late for training you get fined, so if you don’t want to play ( for whatever reason) you should not be paid

Alrightourfella
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Alrightourfella » Sat Nov 20, 2021 12:32 am

Agree with the PA shite ffs Joe Dolan at the end good by Venice my god.....

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by southerncomfort » Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:46 am

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:45 pm
It’s his job . He literally is getting paid to do it. I know football isn’t usually comparable to ‘normal’ people professions, but if you are late for training you get fined, so if you don’t want to play ( for whatever reason) you should not be paid
Think of the calculation here,
If 2 goals in it that's one thing ,

But duffy could have been one on one with the keeper ( in a meaningless game for us ) and if he scored his employer ( in the next few mins ) would have been out of Europe,
If he misses a sitter , more uncomfortable .
How does he celebrate , what does he do etc .
Or maybe he hacks someone down for a pe.alty against us .

If there was a chance that it would benefit us , thats different -

But if he's indicated an understandable discomfort about playing , and discomfort causes poor performance and decision making , and the (as of now former?) manager ( instead of saying tough s***) , decides to not put him in that position out of decency to the young lad ( repoorts of a couple of nods to him to assess if he was ready )

It's all very understandable. The ( now former ?) Manager has a reputation for not putting blame on players , so he's probably not going to direct it onto Duffy I'd imagine. ( presumably he and most players free agents this morning so don't have to respond to anyone anyway )

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:13 am

Don't want to start a next manager thread but do people expect an imminent appointment or announcement on Vinny?
I have little doubt that Andy had someone in mind throughout the takeover talks and I expect them to move as quickly as possible on it. I would be surprised if there wasn't some movement next week, especially with next season starting earlier. Pre season could be pre Christmas!

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by southerncomfort » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:16 am

why not start a thread ? As of last night no manager.in place.
if an out side chance of vp staying it would be a new contract
Don't think they'll have very advanced plans for understandable reasons , but an easy position to fill , not easy to find the right person though

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:20 am

southerncomfort wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:16 am why not start a thread ? As of last night no manager.in place.
I don't they have very advanced plans , but an easy position to fill , not easy to find the right person
Well there hasn't been anything official and Vinny deserves a bit of respect.

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by southerncomfort » Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:23 am

dundalkfc1903 wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:20 am
southerncomfort wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:16 am why not start a thread ? As of last night no manager.in place.
I don't they have very advanced plans , but an easy position to fill , not easy to find the right person
Well there hasn't been anything official and Vinny deserves a bit of respect.
ah yes fair point ( personally think he should have been the first to be signed up - but new owners disagree ) but everyone knows all contracts ceased last night unless new contract in place, and his BBC foyle interview all but confirmed he's not being offered the job

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:05 am

Irrespective of if it was his last game as manager, Vinny deserves a lot of credit and thanks. League winning manager, plus I have absolutely no doubt in saying that only he came back, we would be facing UCD in the relegation playoff final. Thanks for the league title and for steadying the ship since your return Vinny. He certainly had great affinity for the club.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Richie87
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Richie87 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:11 am

I think Longford would be a good job for Vinny Perth. A good club with a nice ground, which he knows

He had good success with Dundalk,unlucky not to do a treble in first spell as manager.

Bob Prole
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bob Prole » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:16 am

Are they out of contract as of last night? I would have thought they had a date on them rather than just "end of the season" which would have had to cover european group stages which is 9th of December. Like, are they not getting paid next week? I doubt it because we got bitten by that in 2016 but maybe that's what it is. If I was an agent that was super I'd at least expect him to get me paid up until Christmas.

As for Vinny despite what mr comfort thinks I have a lot of time for him and think he achieved great things in increasingly difficult circumstances and deserves a shot with not-incompetent owners. I just think he tainted his legacy by bullshitting people to the extent that he did for as long as he did this summer.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:28 am

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:45 pm
Let's look at this from the other side of the coin. While the shed may have crossed the line with the pigs head and the general abuse of Finn (possibly deserved, given the circumstances), Gannon, Hoare, and Towell, Derry come from a part of the country where there is NO line, nor has there been for 50 years. Whatever about the player himself, his partner and child - and their families - have to live up there. McEleney left Derry as a free agent, yet the abuse he received when coming back through the stand after the League Cup presentation was so personal and OTT that he stopped to confront his abuser. An equaliser - or assist from Duffy last night would have been enough to push Derry back to 5th.

Supporters have long memories. Let's be honest, if I mention the name Scanlan there are very few people who don't remember his place in our history and the effect his equaliser ultimately had on our club.

I don't think Michael Duffy shied away from taking part last night, I think Vinnie did him a favour. He has personal experience (June 2019) of the kind of disgusting abuse that opposing fans can direct at your family. And his only sin was being from Tallaght.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:35 am

Oldfogey, when did fats get the abuse? When he was leaving Derry to join us or last night? I presume you mean when he was leaving Derry?
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Alrightourfella
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Alrightourfella » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:39 am

Tim Clancy in the frame to replace Perth.