2021 season General thread

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: 2021 season General thread

Post by mike » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:29 pm

I think its hard to have any optimism for next season really, the silence from P6 is deafening, zero talk on any player having contract extended, and more this goes on, the more likely other big names will follow Fats and Duffy.

You would think the only interest p6 have is to find a buyer and get out as quick as they can, but even that seems to have gone very quiet.

No talk on who the manager will be either in 2022, what state the finances will be in if P6 do leave, and remember we had close on 3m in the bank before they arrived.

The clues are all over the place, no assistant for Vinny, wafer thin backroom staff, only out of contract players joining in August, we will rue the day we ever did business with P6, abs chancers.

Hull White
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Hull White » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:40 pm

For Gods sake all, we knew they were chancers all along. All that is happening now is that we are being proved right. I feel sorry for all those who bought all their bullshit, just genuine supporters with the club at heart daring to dream. A bigger bunch of incompetents you would struggle to find anywhere. As I said Before, I would rather be broke, in the 1st division supporting a team who know what an honour it is to pull that shirt on. Fear not lads Dundalk will be still here when Peak6 are long gone. Wankers cannot leave soon enough for me.

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Wexford White » Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:31 am

Veering off the topic a little, but I would like to wish Newcastle all the best and be afraid. Be very afraid.
The Back of the Wall
They come in packs of 5 - and I need 6

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:37 pm

Hull White wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:40 pm For Gods sake all, we knew they were chancers all along. All that is happening now is that we are being proved right. I feel sorry for all those who bought all their bullshit, just genuine supporters with the club at heart daring to dream. A bigger bunch of incompetents you would struggle to find anywhere. As I said Before, I would rather be broke, in the 1st division supporting a team who know what an honour it is to pull that shirt on. Fear not lads Dundalk will be still here when Peak6 are long gone. Wankers cannot leave soon enough for me.
I wouldn't go that far re FD, but if it meant mid table or lower PD for a good few years for P6 to go, I`d take it in a heartbeat.

Then no 1 priority, re-build local community, give olive branch out to all those great local volunteers who left under p6.

I was thinking at the Bohs match last week, can't be too many clubs 2nd last with fans queing almost out to the main road to pay in on a cold monday night, prob close on 3k at the game too, but less for covid !

Point being, there is life in the old dog yet, if we can get new owners.

Richie87
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Richie87 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:50 pm

The Union Cup competition, which Dundalk won previously, expanded to the runners up in the League . https://t.co/sTPon1Ih0V?amp=1

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:04 pm

mike wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:29 pm I think its hard to have any optimism for next season really, the silence from P6 is deafening, zero talk on any player having contract extended, and more this goes on, the more likely other big names will follow Fats and Duffy.

You would think the only interest p6 have is to find a buyer and get out as quick as they can, but even that seems to have gone very quiet.

No talk on who the manager will be either in 2022, what state the finances will be in if P6 do leave, and remember we had close on 3m in the bank before they arrived.

The clues are all over the place, no assistant for Vinny, wafer thin backroom staff, only out of contract players joining in August, we will rue the day we ever did business with P6, abs chancers.
Mike, all the journos had it that VP was about to sign a 2 year deal a few weeks ago. Then that was pulled as it looked like P6 was going sell up.
Maybe given that fact that VP has not signed any deal and no players have been signed it means the P6 intend to leave at the end of the season.
I’d assume if we hear rumours that VP is about to sign long term it means P6 are staying.
Like you I wish somebody would just make a fcuking decision one way or the other so plans can be made for next year

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:12 pm

Yep - not too much to ask for some clarity really ML is it ?

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:05 pm

Has anyone heard about the takeover might be close to being agreed, heard something last night, but no groups mentioned, just that it could be close?

EDIT: Heard from two sources now if it happens, (the takeover) the wage bill has got to come down, its far too high, suppose we knew that, but even if players do leave, they are most likely to be facing wage reductions, Duffy was one.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:08 am

Probably the wrong thread but see peak 6 have invested in wolves now. God help those fans
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Wexford White » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:17 am

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:08 am Probably the wrong thread but see peak 6 have invested in wolves now. God help those fans
I follow Wolves. Somewhere in my life I must have done something horribly wrong and for me it is now payback time.
The Back of the Wall
They come in packs of 5 - and I need 6

Benjani
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Benjani » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:35 am

Wexford White wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:17 am
niall_hearty2000 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:08 am Probably the wrong thread but see peak 6 have invested in wolves now. God help those fans
I follow Wolves. Somewhere in my life I must have done something horribly wrong and for me it is now payback time.
https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2021/10 ... in-wolves/

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:55 am

Minority shareholders. Trick is obviously to get them in but just don’t let the stupid fuckers make any decisions

Towelie
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Towelie » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:31 pm

mike wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:05 pm Has anyone heard about the takeover might be close to being agreed, heard something last night, but no groups mentioned, just that it could be close?

EDIT: Heard from two sources now if it happens, (the takeover) the wage bill has got to come down, its far too high, suppose we knew that, but even if players do leave, they are most likely to be facing wage reductions, Duffy was one.
I'd say that was always going to be a given considering it was rumoured to be something mad like €4m. Serious negligence.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:37 pm

Towelie wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:31 pm
mike wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:05 pm Has anyone heard about the takeover might be close to being agreed, heard something last night, but no groups mentioned, just that it could be close?

I'd say that was always going to be a given considering it was rumoured to be something mad like €4m. Serious negligence.
If we reduced our wage bill by 66% and signed the right players we could still be very competitive. The problem is the wages paid isn't anywhere close quality of the players signed over the past couple of seasons. Stanton is only standout player signed under Bills watch.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:55 pm

The whole "away fan ban" is really coming to the boil. Strongly worded statement from Bohs accompanying the announcement that Rovers will get no allocation for next month's derby, despite ground capacity being increased to 100%. It will be interesting to see if the FAI get involved next season.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2021/10 ... -tat-move/
Last edited by oldfogey on Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.