2021 season General thread

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: 2021 season General thread

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:53 pm

Off topic but sheriff beating madrid in the bernabaeu. Yep we sure got the easy route last season alright!!
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Richie87
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Richie87 » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:04 pm

They are doing really, overhauled the Squad from last season, A league of Nations team like Dundalk but getting the results.

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:24 pm

Looks like the only thing Peak6 care about is money and their reputation. It’s a pity the fan base can’t get together and have a concerted campaign to target their business or interests. Spam up their Social Media pages with legitimate questions about what their plans are for Dundalk until they actually run the club like a football club or sell up. I see a couple of replies under the odd Jordan Gardner tweet but nothing he can’t ignore ( I know he’s not involved in it anymore but he still listed himself as an owner up until recently). I know it’s a different scale but Man U fans have made their unhappiness with the Glazers known outside their bubbles of podcasts and fans forums.
Like do Monaco Ladies know anything about our situation and what Peak6 are doing ?

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike » Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:15 pm

https://twitter.com/LMFMRADIO/status/14 ... 78758?s=20

Wonder what this means? Is he talking about his own future, transfers, or maybe the takeover / p6 update?

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:41 pm

Vinny not doing himself any favours here.

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/lo ... 16109.html
Asked by The Argus if Duffy had been offered a deal to remain at Dundalk for a sixth season or beyond, Perth said: “To be honest with you, you’ll know the answer to that yourself.

“I’m not going to comment on anything other than to say I’m really focused on the football team at the moment. I’m focused on us together and that’s all that matters.

When it was put to him did he not think the fans had a right to know if offers were being made to their best players, Perth said: “To be honest, the fans have a right to know the truth but I’m not sure the truth is always reported.

“I think that question should be sent into the club. I’m talking about the football team tonight.

When it was put to him that a certain element of planning was required given we were now into October, Perth said: “All I can address is the football team at the moment.

“I’ve had a game every three days for the last number of weeks and all I’m going to focus on is Shamrock Rovers next week. Anything beyond that, it’s unfair to continue to speculate. No matter what we say, people will change the narrative of it.
Its radio silence from everyone at the club...Vinnys relationship with the fans will be tainted if he continues to bullsh*t us

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:54 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:41 pm Vinny not doing himself any favours here.

Asked by The Argus if Duffy had been offered a deal to remain at Dundalk for a sixth season or beyond, Perth said: “To be honest with you, you’ll know the answer to that yourself.

“I’m not going to comment on anything other than to say I’m really focused on the football team at the moment. I’m focused on us together and that’s all that matters.

When it was put to him did he not think the fans had a right to know if offers were being made to their best players, Perth said: “To be honest, the fans have a right to know the truth but I’m not sure the truth is always reported.

“I think that question should be sent into the club. I’m talking about the football team tonight.

When it was put to him that a certain element of planning was required given we were now into October, Perth said: “All I can address is the football team at the moment.

“I’ve had a game every three days for the last number of weeks and all I’m going to focus on is Shamrock Rovers next week. Anything beyond that, it’s unfair to continue to speculate. No matter what we say, people will change the narrative of it.
Its radio silence from everyone at the club...Vinnys relationship with the fans will be tainted if he continues to bullsh*t us
Given the lack of a relationship with Vinnie, I'm surprised Rogers kept pressing away. Still, he is getting what he wants, as some fans seem to be turning against the manager.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:35 pm

oldfogey wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:54 pm
dundalkfc1903 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:41 pm Vinny not doing himself any favours here.

Given the lack of a relationship with Vinnie, I'm surprised Rogers kept pressing away. Still, he is getting what he wants, as some fans seem to be turning against the manager.
Backing the owners when it's clear they are running the club in to the ground seems to be turning some fans against the manager.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:12 pm

oldfogey wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:54 pm

Agree
Vinny’s in a difficult position . I for one am glad he’s here and believe with him we have the best chance of moving up the table

Richie87
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Richie87 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:08 pm

He can't exactly blast the owners. They took him back under a year after he was sacked. He knew the situation before he came back so would be no point harping on as if he wasn't aware of the situation. They could decide to stay on and give him a new deal, who knows

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by southerncomfort » Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:28 pm

t

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:16 pm

Donal Hanks very good on why Vinny’s shtick isn’t good enough: https://donalhanks.com/2021/10/06/gimme-some-truth/

If only Vinny had access to channels of communication of some sort. It’s a real pity he can’t say anything because people will change the narrative of it.

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by southerncomfort » Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:09 pm

sure I heard Perth was the sole cause of McEleney & Duffy being born in Derry .
Can't believe he hasn't just written f*** my employer in excrement across the plastic pitch .

Where is the integrity

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:11 pm

southerncomfort wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:09 pm sure I heard Perth was the sole cause of McEleney & Duffy being born in Derry .
Can't believe he hasn't just written f*** my employer in excrement across the plastic pitch .

Where is the integrity
What on Earth are you talking about

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by southerncomfort » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:48 pm

Louth4sam wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:11 pm
southerncomfort wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:09 pm sure I heard Perth was the sole cause of McEleney & Duffy being born in Derry .

Where is the integrity
Who knows

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:28 pm

southerncomfort wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:48 pm
Louth4sam wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:11 pm

Where is the integrity
Who knows
Touché sir