2021 season General thread

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Post Reply
User avatar
Carrick_Road
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 265
Joined: Fri May 31, 2019 5:18 pm

Re: 2021 season General thread

Post by Carrick_Road » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:41 pm

To me, it doesnt look like he is defending P6 here.


https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2021/10 ... from-club/

Richie87
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 468
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:11 pm

Re: 2021 season General thread

Post by Richie87 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:44 pm

Magilton was adamant when he took the job that he wouldn't be overruled in making decisions, but a few months later that's precisely what happened.
It seems more like appointing the Sporting Director was more for show , trying to be like a European club without letting him get on with it.
McFhail is the Director at Shamrock Rovers and doing a decent job without the noise.

I don't think Magilton was the right person for the role though.

Bob Prole
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 546
Joined: Sat May 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Re: 2021 season General thread

Post by Bob Prole » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:24 pm

Carrick_Road wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:41 pm To me, it doesnt look like he is defending P6 here.


https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2021/10 ... from-club/
I think he’s squarely blaming Magilton and the criticism of the owners is for hiring Magilton

“I think it’s more than just ownership. It’s bigger than that. They put a lot of money in, but they made huge mistakes, but they are not solely culpable for where we are.”

Alrightourfella
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:16 pm

Re: 2021 season General thread

Post by Alrightourfella » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:19 pm

Does vinny not take responsibility instead of pointing the finger at everyone else it's his responsibility also to create a good environment not bills be nice to see vinny craic a smile now and again instead of moaning day in day out.

Bob Prole
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 546
Joined: Sat May 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Re: 2021 season General thread

Post by Bob Prole » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:28 pm

Alrightourfella wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:19 pm Does vinny not take responsibility instead of pointing the finger at everyone else it's his responsibility also to create a good environment not bills be nice to see vinny craic a smile now and again instead of moaning day in day out.
Vinny’s whinging and praising the owners annoys me but the medical staff all walking out is nothing to do with him and everything to do with how the club is being run.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2435
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Re: 2021 season General thread

Post by oldfogey » Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:24 pm

Something really strange going on

Drogheda (A) has been moved from Friday 12th November to Thursday 4th November.

Longford (H) has been moved from Friday 5th November to Sunday 7th November ko 5pm.

https://twitter.com/DundalkFC/status/14 ... HokDw&s=19

https://twitter.com/DundalkFC/status/14 ... fyAlQ&s=19

Instead of having 7 days between Waterford - Longford - Drogheda it's now 6 days and 3 days. Also means a gap of 12 days to the Derry game.

Edit: Eventually worked it out. The u21s play on Friday 12th, expectation being that their keeper - David Odumosu - will be in the squad. It will mean that Jurkovskis and Nattestad will be available.

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1063
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: 2021 season General thread

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:14 pm

oldfogey wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:24 pm Something really strange going on

Drogheda (A) has been moved from Friday 12th November to Thursday 4th November.

Longford (H) has been moved from Friday 5th November to Sunday 7th November ko 5pm.

https://twitter.com/DundalkFC/status/14 ... HokDw&s=19

https://twitter.com/DundalkFC/status/14 ... fyAlQ&s=19

Instead of having 7 days between Waterford - Longford - Drogheda it's now 6 days and 3 days. Also means a gap of 12 days to the Derry game.

Edit: Eventually worked it out. The u21s play on Friday 12th, expectation being that their keeper - David Odumosu - will be in the squad. It will mean that Jurkovskis and Nattestad will be available.
Crowd and atmosphere for Longford will be affected by this. Fri night in Oriel is a lot different to a Sunday afternoon and no matter what you say, that will affect our players unfortunately

User avatar
Carrick_Road
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 265
Joined: Fri May 31, 2019 5:18 pm

Re: 2021 season General thread

Post by Carrick_Road » Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:22 pm

The SSA has released a statement in regards to their supplies. It seems they went to collect their paint and material, displays etc up in the YDC which they have been using as far back as I can remember and everything had been removed.

Hell of a coincidence considering the talk on social media all week was Anti P6 protests.

They have reached out to the club for clarity on this and have received no communication.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2435
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Re: 2021 season General thread

Post by oldfogey » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:27 pm

Carrick_Road wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:22 pm The SSA has released a statement in regards to their supplies. It seems they went to collect their paint and material, displays etc up in the YDC which they have been using as far back as I can remember and everything had been removed.

Hell of a coincidence considering the talk on social media all week was Anti P6 protests.

They have reached out to the club for clarity on this and have received no communication.
I'm not taking sides here, but surely they can't be surprised. The flares, smoke bombs, and fireworks alone effectively used up any tolerance the club might have had.

tip on
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:11 pm

Re: 2021 season General thread

Post by tip on » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:31 pm

The so called ssa also photos of banners with f*** peak 6 on them at the end of their statement.

User avatar
Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1374
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 12:40 pm
Location: Co Wexford

Re: 2021 season General thread

Post by Wexford White » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:46 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:14 pm
oldfogey wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:24 pm Something really strange going on

Drogheda (A) has been moved from Friday 12th November to Thursday 4th November.

Longford (H) has been moved from Friday 5th November to Sunday 7th November ko 5pm.

https://twitter.com/DundalkFC/status/14 ... HokDw&s=19

https://twitter.com/DundalkFC/status/14 ... fyAlQ&s=19

Instead of having 7 days between Waterford - Longford - Drogheda it's now 6 days and 3 days. Also means a gap of 12 days to the Derry game.

Edit: Eventually worked it out. The u21s play on Friday 12th, expectation being that their keeper - David Odumosu - will be in the squad. It will mean that Jurkovskis and Nattestad will be available.
Crowd and atmosphere for Longford will be affected by this. Fri night in Oriel is a lot different to a Sunday afternoon and no matter what you say, that will affect our players unfortunately
I understand your point about Sunday afternoons but to tell you the truth I think our players have lost interest and it doesn't matter when they play. I hope they prove me wrong.................
The Back of the Wall
They come in packs of 5 - and I need 6

Shoco
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1522
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:46 pm

Re: 2021 season General thread

Post by Shoco » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:49 pm

tip on wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:31 pm The so called ssa also photos of banners with f*** peak 6 on them at the end of their statement.
and they wonder why their stuff was removed!

User avatar
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4316
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:33 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: 2021 season General thread

Post by Louth4sam » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:13 pm

tip on wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:31 pm The so called ssa also photos of banners with f*** peak 6 on them at the end of their statement.
That played right in to Peak6 hands and lost SSA some credibility in this
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2435
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Re: 2021 season General thread

Post by oldfogey » Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:02 pm

Louth4sam wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:13 pm
tip on wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:31 pm The so called ssa also photos of banners with f*** peak 6 on them at the end of their statement.
That played right in to Peak6 hands and lost SSA some credibility in this
They used to keep their gear in the McGuill suite. Made sense I suppose, as they wouldn't get delayed with bag searches on their way into the game.

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1063
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: 2021 season General thread

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:05 pm

Wexford White wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:46 pm
Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:14 pm
oldfogey wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:24 pm Something really strange going on

Drogheda (A) has been moved from Friday 12th November to Thursday 4th November.

Longford (H) has been moved from Friday 5th November to Sunday 7th November ko 5pm.

https://twitter.com/DundalkFC/status/14 ... HokDw&s=19

https://twitter.com/DundalkFC/status/14 ... fyAlQ&s=19

Instead of having 7 days between Waterford - Longford - Drogheda it's now 6 days and 3 days. Also means a gap of 12 days to the Derry game.

Edit: Eventually worked it out. The u21s play on Friday 12th, expectation being that their keeper - David Odumosu - will be in the squad. It will mean that Jurkovskis and Nattestad will be available.
Crowd and atmosphere for Longford will be affected by this. Fri night in Oriel is a lot different to a Sunday afternoon and no matter what you say, that will affect our players unfortunately
I understand your point about Sunday afternoons but to tell you the truth I think our players have lost interest and it doesn't matter when they play. I hope they prove me wrong.................
To be fair, I think the players showed lots of fight in the last number of homes games and I’d be hoping for the same tonight.
They are professionals so playing on a Sunday shouldn’t effect them but they are also human and the atmosphere definitely won’t be the same.

Post Reply