Shamrock Rovers v Dundalk | League Series 3 | Friday 02 April 2021 ko 19.30

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Shamrock Rovers v Dundalk | League Series 3 | Friday 02 April 2021 ko 19.30

Post by mike » Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:50 pm

I was prepared to give the mgt team* support but not after last night, I don't have any faith in their ability to turn things around.

Yes we were unlucky last night, hit the bar twice, Hoban should have scored mid way first half, but we still lost and its still 1 point from 9, actually should really be on zero as that late goal on the opening night was definitely onside.

Almost defied logic putting Sloggett into right side of a 3 man back line, yes he was moved into MF and we resembled something like a 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2, but as usual far far too slow to make the change (like in most EL group games) and we were 1-0 down. Their second goal was just FD defending, where was the DFC team well known for 6-7 years not giving the opposition an inch, we let their man run and run and finished with ease.

GK is another problem, needs to be dropped immediately, and get Cherrie in and look at who is available on 01/07. Rovers weren't great last night, the sorry part, they didn't need to be.

* I will say I was one who reluctantly agreed Perth should have gone, due to the poor league form post Covid break, and losing in europe, but compared to this ? At least VP knew the shape we played and as mentioned before on this, he got sacked for less compared to this current mgt team.

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:31 pm

Jim Magilton might have a chat with Pat Fenlon .

shep
Reserves
Reserves

Post by shep » Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:20 pm

Very worrying to see how disorganised we are despite money being thrown at players. I have said before on here that I was excited for a new dawn and let Peak 6 have a chance to do it their way. But I now take that back.Our managerial set up has us a laughing stock,and it seems the loss of the like of Martin Connolly,Colm Murphy and Simon Blackmore to name but a few have left us in disarray behind the scenes. It reminds me of the mess at Sunderland in their Netflix documentary. Money does not solve all problems. There seems to be absolutely no plan or cohesion at all within the club. We need to win our next two games but hard to see it happening with a 2nd rate management team and a pub league goalkeeper.

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Wexford White » Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:35 pm

Breffni white wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 3:26 am Well lads newbie here and first post so go easy on me , disappointing result last night but encouraging signs in the second half as we dominated spells and created chances , what is clear is that rovers will drop points against the so called weaker teams this season and it will be a fairly open league , whether we can capitalize on teams dropping points and put a run together is going to be key , squad is the strongest in the league but that sometimes creates its own problems as you can clearly see the management have no idea of their best starting 11 or best formation to play , not sure starting young o kane was the right call ,he looks decent but a little lightweight yet and i think he would be better used as an impact sub until he starts to find his feet in the league , as for the keeper well its not looking good for him and doesn't look confident with ball at feet or handling which is the basics of keeping , management is all over the place and alot of the problems are self inflicted and its obvious they're out of there depth .
Excellent post, you have summed up everything very nicely. Welcome!
The Back of the Wall
They come in packs of 5 - and I need 6

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:59 pm

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:31 pm Jim Magilton might have a chat with Pat Fenlon .
I have a Bohs mate, told me last summer PF wouldn't touch DFC with P6 and more so involved Mad Bill about.

But this is what we need a proper manager to go in there, and take no sh't, said it many times, you can't give players an inch, now they are not all to blame last night, I point the finger more at the mgt team, poor formation, not quick enough to change it, not driving them off from the touchline, etc etc etc.

colymull
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by colymull » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:01 pm

Keith Long might be available soon, I wonder would he come?

Fwats
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Fwats » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:30 am

Any word on brian gartland? I hope it's not as serious an injury as it looked.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:47 am

Peak11 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 11:00 pm Going through the podcasts tonight. Tiarnan Mulvenna dropping the truth bombs on The Town End podcast was fantastic.

Obviously just another ex player with an agenda and telling lies......
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020