Podcasts

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Bob Prole
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Podcasts

Post by Bob Prole » Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:25 pm

southerncomfort wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:08 pm
Bob Prole wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:06 pm 4 edits already and it’s still a paranoid mess
Quote me so I can't then ! Edits usualy spelling pal
Hahaha - that was a LOT of words spelled wrong so! Glad to see you gave that post not so much a trim, more of a buzz cut 😂

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:51 pm

southerncomfort wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:30 pm
Towelie wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:58 pm
Carrick_Road wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:27 pm The press box is very good this week. Have a listen
It was v good. Dying to know what happened with Norton and the medical staff but I'm sure we'll find out in the next few days. Rogers interview with Houdini should be a good listen as well.
Rogers really has a grudge against Perth

I wonder how he's securing his exlusice with Jim

Hey Bob - use a modern cutting edge three innitial term to sum up your response to this ...

Fight in the centre circle at half time - you me and fundalk , Martin to referee ?
Haha is this me??
From what I’ve always witnessed in years gone by and have had reaffirmed game after game this year, I’d only raise the standard of LOI refereeing

I only got listening to the podcast this morning. James Rogers had a severe go at Vinny over defending set pieces so I’m sure he’s happy with tonight’s performance…

IMO, extremely petty of JR to bring up players reaction to Graham Norton departure and compare it to Vinny’s sacking 18 months ago. A 5 minute monologue rant…I’d forgotten about Craig during it, he must have been putting the kettle on!!

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:02 am

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:51 pm
southerncomfort wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:30 pm
Towelie wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:58 pm
It was v good. Dying to know what happened with Norton and the medical staff but I'm sure we'll find out in the next few days. Rogers interview with Houdini should be a good listen as well.
Rogers really has a grudge against Perth

I wonder how he's securing his exlusice with Jim

Hey Bob - use a modern cutting edge three innitial term to sum up your response to this ...

Fight in the centre circle at half time - you me and fundalk , Martin to referee ?
Haha is this me??
From what I’ve always witnessed in years gone by and have had reaffirmed game after game this year, I’d only raise the standard of LOI refereeing

I only got listening to the podcast this morning. James Rogers had a severe go at Vinny over defending set pieces so I’m sure he’s happy with tonight’s performance…

IMO, extremely petty of JR to bring up players reaction to Graham Norton departure and compare it to Vinny’s sacking 18 months ago. A 5 minute monologue rant…I’d forgotten about Craig during it, he must have been putting the kettle on!!
I'm beginning to think he's gone a bit off reservation. He's gone 100% OCD on statistics. So much so that I struggle to find a tweet that doesn't go on about appearances and goals. Sad really.

Bob Prole
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bob Prole » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:32 pm

Very interesting Press Box. Jimbo did an interview with Rogers then asked for it to be pulled and now it might never be published. Pat Hoban giving a very honest interview which makes you think it’s a pity some players didn’t speak up sooner. I remember the interview Chris Shields did with the club the week before Shane and Filippo left when he said everything was grand and it was all rumours. That let a lot of people keep their heads buried in the sand and spend another few months whinging about rumours and podcasts and journalists.

Dundalk Wolf
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Dundalk Wolf » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:07 pm

Very interesting LOI Central this week with Garts & Massey.

A bit more meat on the bones about the turmoil behind the scenes over the last 18 months. Heartbreaking really. Shocking the way Dane's time at Dundalk ended - he deserved so much better than a two-minute phone call from Filippo saying basically 'if you want a new contact, call Jim Magilton'. Says he knew from that moment that was it - he wasn't wanted and his time was up.

Garts sounds like he wants to stay, but is uncertain as to where his future lies. Said he was pleased the see the new owners move swiftly to try and tie down a core of current players for next season, and wasn't expecting to be near the top of that list himself, given his age and recent injury.

Hopefully that core can be tied down because, as Garts himself said, that would signal we want to be competitive at the top end of the table, which would then encourage others to stay/come. I for one hope we can tie Garts down himself - huge character in the dressing room and someone you know will continue to drive standards, even if he's not playing every single week in.

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by southerncomfort » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:41 pm

good pod, although sly shade thrown in certain directions . missed our ones this week with the lack of matches - think it's bizzare that garts is putting a book out while playing but hopefully a success.
lads in a difficult position to be answering questions about next year.
Players / manager ( on news talk ) should be avoiding cosy media chats at this end of business
although with cosy contacts with journalists being so connected with good coverage ( see the lack of scrutiny of jm from certain quarters ) it's probably a good tactic to keep in with the journos .

Fundalkfan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Fundalkfan » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:58 pm

Hi Carrick Road - have you missed Bob Prole's arch rival?