Podcasts

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Dundalk Wolf
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Podcasts

Post by Dundalk Wolf » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:17 pm

DanielSexton wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:36 am
niall_hearty2000 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:33 pm
Louth4sam wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:32 pm For some it's easier to play McDonnell as a villain with an agenda than admit the uncomfortable truth.

I think a lot of fans, myself included were duped by Peak6. There was an expectation that they would bring a professionalism to the league that was unheard of, if anything it has been the polar opposite. It's incredibly frustrating as the foundations were there to dominate for years.
Not at all L4S we all know the situation we aren't blind or stupid to it, but he takes great joy in his over the top reporting of it. Would he do the same if it was rovers? I very much doubt it.
I logged on to see what people made of the pod. I know Dan a wee bit since back when he set up Oriel Web and send him the odd message. For what it's worth he takes no joy at all in what's happening. He's as annoyed and frustrated as most of the rest of us and that came through in that interview I think. Even if he wasn't a Dundalk fan, nobody who wants the League to thrive is enjoying seeing a club that was setting all the standards on the pitch throw it all away like we have done. I'm not even sure what's supposed to be over the top about his reporting. Our collapse in the League over the last 12 months is stunning and if Rovers were to repeat it and be in 9th position this time next year on a 4 million euro budget or whatever it is then they'd be getting slaughtered too.
100%. Dan's just doing his job. He's paid to report on football news and, for the last 7-8 years, Dundalk have been *the* news story in the LOI. Sadly, never more so than the last 18 months, mostly for the wrong reasons.

Since Bill took the reins, the club has gone from nearly winning every trophy available and on the verge of domestic domination (regular European group stages were within touching distance) to what looks like a relegation six-pointer this weekend and praying for a decent draw in the FAI Cup tonight in the hope of salvaging European football for another season. If that's not news, I don't know what is... and that's before you get onto all the madness going on behind the scenes in the last 18 months.

Anyone who listens to the podcast will hear Dan's frustration is obvious. If you want the league to be a success, who wouldn't be frustrated?