Podcasts

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Bob Prole
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Podcasts

Post by Bob Prole » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:33 pm

You didn’t listen to it did you?

He even mentioned the fans who think that any criticism of how the club is being run is somehow not supporting the team and think we just needed a rebuild as if all this was a natural end.

Richie87
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Richie87 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:36 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:30 pm
Bob Prole wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:01 pm Or he knows what’s going on, he knows how moronically a position of absolute dominance has been thrown away, and he’s disgusted by it.
He has a constant axe. We could go on to beat rovers in the cup final again, and he will have a negative spin on it. He's as bad as some of the usual suspects in the stand last night moaning and shouting at players when we were 4 and 5-1 up. Support the fecking team.
Maybe listen to it. He gave his reason for his frustration and remarks

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:01 pm

Bob Prole wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:33 pm You didn’t listen to it did you?

He even mentioned the fans who think that any criticism of how the club is being run is somehow not supporting the team and think we just needed a rebuild as if all this was a natural end.
We all know the chaos up there, but him constsntly highlighting it in the media is doing the club no favours. How will we rebuild? Will any decent manager, investors, or players want to gwt involved to bring us back to the levels we have become accustomed to, with him constantly banging the negativity drum? He mentioned it once, he's mentioned it 100 times.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Bob Prole
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bob Prole » Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:47 pm

Listen to it.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:15 pm

It is good that it keeps getting highlighted as people were still denying there was any problems until recently when the evidence was clear as day. There are still people on this forum that will blame everything and anything but Bill or Peak6 for our current woes.

I for one hope himself and the likes of James Rogers keep highlighting what's going wrong up in Oriel until things improve. If people want to keep their heads in the sand just don't listen to their podcasts or read what they write.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:12 pm

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:12 am No interest or respect for dan mcdonnell whatsoever. He constantly grinds an axe with a clear agenda against us but seems to get a free pass here cos he created this forum. He snipes at us every opportunity he gets.
Gave up following his opinions when he making snide remarks about Abibi on his Twitter feed, totally unprofessional

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:44 pm

That podcast was excellent, town end, changed my opinion on Dan too. I really thought he was getting a wee bit smarmy towards DFC, all you need to do is listen to his tone on that pod, he is certainly hurting like the rest of us.

Great contribution, at one stage I was thinking, he is not going to stop talking here, he was in full low.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:29 pm

Finally got around to listening to the town end podcast. It really should be a must listen for all Dundalk fans. It really sums up where we are right now as a club.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:00 pm

mike wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:44 pm That podcast was excellent, town end, changed my opinion on Dan too. I really thought he was getting a wee bit smarmy towards DFC, all you need to do is listen to his tone on that pod, he is certainly hurting like the rest of us.

Great contribution, at one stage I was thinking, he is not going to stop talking here, he was in full low.
It all depends which headphones you have on.

As a Dundalk fan he is extremely exercised by what is going on, and criticises with terminal velocity, as do we all. I used to think he was pursuing a vendetta against the club. The reality is that - in his day job as a national journalist - he sometimes forgets which hat he is wearing and becomes subjective rather than objective.

Bob Prole
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bob Prole » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:14 pm

Glad you’ve said that. The idea that he’s enjoying our implosion is laughable. As is the idea that he shouldn’t be listened to because he was mean about the goalkeeper 🙄

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:32 pm

For some it's easier to play McDonnell as a villain with an agenda than admit the uncomfortable truth.

I think a lot of fans, myself included were duped by Peak6. There was an expectation that they would bring a professionalism to the league that was unheard of, if anything it has been the polar opposite. It's incredibly frustrating as the foundations were there to dominate for years.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:33 pm

Louth4sam wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:32 pm For some it's easier to play McDonnell as a villain with an agenda than admit the uncomfortable truth.

I think a lot of fans, myself included were duped by Peak6. There was an expectation that they would bring a professionalism to the league that was unheard of, if anything it has been the polar opposite. It's incredibly frustrating as the foundations were there to dominate for years.
Not at all L4S we all know the situation we aren't blind or stupid to it, but he takes great joy in his over the top reporting of it. Would he do the same if it was rovers? I very much doubt it.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Bob Prole
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bob Prole » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:44 pm

Great joy? That’s ridiculous.

You still haven’t listened to it have you?

Go on just go listen to it and still come back here and say he was taking ‘great joy’ in our shitshow.

TrevDaRev2
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by TrevDaRev2 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:51 am

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:33 pm
Louth4sam wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:32 pm For some it's easier to play McDonnell as a villain with an agenda than admit the uncomfortable truth.

Not at all L4S we all know the situation we aren't blind or stupid to it, but he takes great joy in his over the top reporting of it. Would he do the same if it was rovers? I very much doubt it.
He takes no joy whatsoever he grew up going to games in Oriel Park. He's calling it as he sees it and couldn't be more right in my opinion. L4S is bang on the money, we've had the wool pulled over our eyes as fans by Peak6. They've removed every positive from the club and are wondering where it all went wrong. Welcome to football where not everything can be assessed by value for money reports. It's been rudderless for the last 18 months and players, fans and the vast majority of staff are the ones to suffer

DanielSexton
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by DanielSexton » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:36 am

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:33 pm

I logged on to see what people made of the pod. I know Dan a wee bit since back when he set up Oriel Web and send him the odd message. For what it's worth he takes no joy at all in what's happening. He's as annoyed and frustrated as most of the rest of us and that came through in that interview I think. Even if he wasn't a Dundalk fan, nobody who wants the League to thrive is enjoying seeing a club that was setting all the standards on the pitch throw it all away like we have done. I'm not even sure what's supposed to be over the top about his reporting. Our collapse in the League over the last 12 months is stunning and if Rovers were to repeat it and be in 9th position this time next year on a 4 million euro budget or whatever it is then they'd be getting slaughtered too.