Supporters Club

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Alrightourfella
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Supporters Club

Post by Alrightourfella » Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm

You taking absolute shite about a good local man in Paddy Casey hope you can back up your comments and I can tell you now for a fact you can't.

magarnagle
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by magarnagle » Fri May 28, 2021 9:39 am

DundalkScuap wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:20 pm Himself and Super agent Carroll have a lot of say up there. That's all i'll say. All will be revealed soon.
Reveal it now so or shut up.

Account with three posts, someone hiding behind a username with an agenda slagging people off, well done...

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. » Fri May 28, 2021 9:50 am

I think (s)he has deactivated his account from looking at their profile.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Fri May 28, 2021 10:26 am

Emotions are running high and we all have opinions on what is being discussed but mods need to keep a better eye on this or somebody will be taken up for libel. It's ok to think something but posting it as fact on an internet forum it is there forever.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Fri May 28, 2021 7:23 pm

Alrightourfella wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:57 pm You taking absolute shite about a good local man in Paddy Casey hope you can back up your comments and I can tell you now for a fact you can't.
Is he local?? Does he run a few companies in town??? I look at the facts and at this moment in time he is doing what appears to be a good job. He was hired to market the club, he has produced nice stuff so far. Added to that he seems to be talking about very positive plans in charity work for the club, revamping the bar ...... food partners ..... stadium development committees.

It is possible that he is something totally different, however knowing someone who works for him very well, I have never heard a negative word.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Fri May 28, 2021 8:37 pm

Don't know anything about him but from the outside he seems to be a positive in the club right now. He/his company seem to be bringing in new revenue streams and partnerships which we'll need to hold on to when Peak6 pull out
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Fri May 28, 2021 8:58 pm

Louth4sam wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:37 pm Don't know anything about him but from the outside he seems to be a positive in the club right now. He/his company seem to be bringing in new revenue streams and partnerships which we'll need to hold on to when Peak6 pull out
Those revenue streams would likely dry up if P6 pull out and we end being a supporter led club in the bottom 4 of division 1. And we wouldnt be able to afford The Unit either. Different landscape completely

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Fri May 28, 2021 9:16 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:58 pm
Louth4sam wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:37 pm Don't know anything about him but from the outside he seems to be a positive in the club right now. He/his company seem to be bringing in new revenue streams and partnerships which we'll need to hold on to when Peak6 pull out
Those revenue streams would likely dry up if P6 pull out and we end being a supporter led club in the bottom 4 of division 1. And we wouldnt be able to afford The Unit either. Different landscape completely
What revenue streams are you talking about exactly??? Why do you think local companies would leave with Peak6??? As for affording The Unit, none of us are privy to their contract. Maybe they are earning a lot less that you think ..... take away the advertising they are getting from the club as a partner. Works both ways .... not all partners pay hard cash, some of them offer services in return for advertising by the club.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Fri May 28, 2021 9:21 pm

Pepsi wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:16 pm
What revenue streams are you talking about exactly??? Why do you think local companies would leave with Peak6??? As for affording The Unit, none of us are privy to their contract. Maybe they are earning a lot less that you think ..... take away the advertising they are getting from the club as a partner. Works both ways .... not all partners pay hard cash, some of them offer services in return for advertising by the club.
Because we would be playing part time football and their sponsorship wouldnt get the same exposure . I couldn't even name the teams in division 1. Haven't looked at the table in 3 years. And I'm a league of Ireland follower.

I know we wouldn't be able to pay the unit as a supporter led club. We'd barely be able to pay the electricity bills ffs. 😃😃

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Fri May 28, 2021 9:34 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:21 pm
Pepsi wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:16 pm

Because we would be playing part time football and their sponsorship wouldnt get the same exposure . I couldn't even name the teams in division 1. Haven't looked at the table in 3 years. And I'm a league of Ireland follower.

I know we wouldn't be able to pay the unit as a supporter led club. We'd barely be able to pay the electricity bills ffs. 😃😃
Fair play for saying it as it will be. Some elements of our support feel we will be able to do it.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Fri May 28, 2021 9:38 pm

Well it's not so long ago the floodlights were being switched off at the final whistle...

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Fri May 28, 2021 9:42 pm

Nice to see some people still remember it. A lot seem to forget what the past was really like and some only know the good times.

Alrightourfella
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Alrightourfella » Sat May 29, 2021 4:56 am

Pepsi I wasn't referring to you?? I was talking about the individual that started criticising paddy casey by name, this individual knows nothing about Paddy Casey , Paddy is local from town and started with nothing and has built successful businesses a man just trying to promote Dundalk FC in a positive way you won't find anyone with a bad word to say imo about Paddy salt to the earth down to earth man.

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Sat May 29, 2021 1:57 pm

Were we unable to pay the bills and bottom of the First Division before Peak6 took the club over?

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Sat May 29, 2021 2:01 pm

Best of luck to the Supporters Club. Hopefully can grow to become our Spirit of Shankly. Thank you Andrea, and congratulations to Stephen and Jane in their SLO roles