Supporters Club

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Re: Supporters Club

Post by Pepsi » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:21 am

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:47 am Vice chair of the supporters club has already stepped down Citing differences with the rest of the committee.
What’s going on?
They learned from Peak6 it seems .... silence is golden.

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:42 pm

Dunno if any of our female fans use this forum. A new Lilywhite Ladies Supporters Club has been formed which is very welcome:

https://lilywhiteladies.com/committee/jane-mcdermott/

Also the main hold up with the 1903 was the setting up of bank accounts and other formalities. That's sorted now so they'll be accepting membership applications shortly. You may also have seen that Brendan Ogle has written to Matt Hulsizer. Hopefully there's a response and it will have a bit of substance to it.

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:21 pm

Nice to see Andrea involved in the ladies setup, I am sure she will make a great PRO. Here is to the ladies ..... great to see it. Will be interesting to see the different courses taken by both groups.

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:32 pm

The clubs response to the letter sent by the 1903 supporters club:
Brendan
Your letter and your support group has been well received. The board has been actively seeking more community support and help.
Covid has not helped in developing the inclusion of the community in running the club, and the advent of a vaccine and changes in Irish govt. rules is opening more opportunities.
To date we have formed a planning group to pilot us through the different channels of support and funding, locally and nationally.
Paddy Casey is the man spearheading this group, and it is important you contact him for details and inclusion in this group. I am forwarding this email to him under separate cover.
Likewise Ailish kelly is the person charged with volunteer effort , and I am likewise forwarding this email to her. I am sure she will welcome your support.
The board looks forward to a long fruitful relationship with your support group
Yours truly
Bill Hulsizer
Dundalk FC

Looks like Peak6 and Bill are here to stay!

Towelie
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Towelie » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:33 am

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:50 pm

The hurt in Chris Clarke’s voice talking about how they were ditched by the club for a U.K. company in the week the chairman put his name to that piss poor excuse of a letter to the Supporters Club talking about ‘community’ speaks volumes. Imagine listening to a word that clueless old goat says and taking it seriously. Jamie fucking Vardy.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:47 pm

Bob Prole wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:50 pm The hurt in Chris Clarke’s voice talking about how they were ditched by the club for a U.K. company in the week the chairman put his name to that piss poor excuse of a letter to the Supporters Club talking about ‘community’ speaks volumes. Imagine listening to a word that clueless old goat says and taking it seriously. Jamie fucking Vardy.
What happened?
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:56 pm

Louth4sam wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:47 pm
Bob Prole wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:50 pm The hurt in Chris Clarke’s voice talking about how they were ditched by the club for a U.K. company in the week the chairman put his name to that piss poor excuse of a letter to the Supporters Club talking about ‘community’ speaks volumes. Imagine listening to a word that clueless old goat says and taking it seriously. Jamie fucking Vardy.
What happened?
The club has got rid of the local company that had been producing the streams. He talked about it on their pod.

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:36 pm

Chairperson had a call with Bill, something that many said would never happen. Brendan reports that it was a positive meeting and he can only take Bill at face value and said he was friendly, fair , self critical and wanting the best for the club.
Big point for me was Bill saying he doesn’t trust the FAI or think they have Dundalk’s best interests at heart. That’s been clear to Dundalk fans for 20 years.

I must say I like the way Brendan Ogle has taken to the job as chairman. He is always measured in his views of the team’s performances on Social Media and while he can be critical he isn’t one of the doom and gloomers who go on and on and on about how bad things are.
I didn’t sign up as I wanted to see what form the supporters club took. I’m satisfied that it’s not a protest group and that the committee is there to work with OP so I think it’s time to become a member

Towelie
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Towelie » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:44 pm

The supporters club had it's first face to face meeting this evening in the Enda McGuill suite. It was well attended and as it stands the SC has 171 members.

What was majorly disappointing and quite frankly disgraceful was that a representative from the football club was meant to address supporters and take a few questions, this was meant to be Bill and he pulled out last minute. Bill then asked Paddy Casey to speak on behalf of the club to which Paddy declined, stating that he wasn't comfortable in doing so, and to be honest I wouldn't blame him.

Brendan Ogle spoke very well and the SC has followed up on the club's decision to not engage with the supporters. The committee was also expanded to 7 people. I also spotted Ruairí O Murchu on the way out who is on the stadium development committee.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:12 pm

Towelie wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:44 pm The supporters club had it's first face to face meeting this evening in the Enda McGuill suite. It was well attended and as it stands the SC has 171 members.

What was majorly disappointing and quite frankly disgraceful was that a representative from the football club was meant to address supporters and take a few questions, this was meant to be Bill and he pulled out last minute. Bill then asked Paddy Casey to speak on behalf of the club to which Paddy declined, stating that he wasn't comfortable in doing so, and to be honest I wouldn't blame him.

Brendan Ogle spoke very well and the SC has followed up on the club's decision to not engage with the supporters. The committee was also expanded to 7 people. I also spotted Ruairí O Murchu on the way out who is on the stadium development committee.
Disappointing but not surprising - can't imagine the current owners have ever or will ever give two fiddlers what the fans want or think.
Writing was on the wall from that first FAI cup final win when they weren't even going to bring the trophy back to oriel on the Sunday night! Private party organised in Dublin. And that was under magic Mike, who some fans actually like.

As for Bill putting paddy on the spot... Pathetic. At least he had some sense.

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:14 pm

Glad Paddy declined. That’s a few times Bill has tried to throw a consultant who isn’t even a club official out front (as well as Ailish Kelly, who I half expected to be pushed through the door next). Also some issue with Bill’s statement not being read because the club solicitor didn’t like the contents!

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:27 am

The simple fact that lawyers are holding back Bills statement would be an indication that something is happening. Either he was making himself a tit of himself and they took sympathy, they are negociating the sale of the club or their is another issue we are not aware of, maybe legal proceedings with a former employee or association. All very odd, however it was to be expected. God only knows what Bill would have said if he was put on the spot, we could have been wanting to sign Messi and Ronaldo before getting to the Champions League. Interesting is also that JM was not made available to speak to the group, which would have made more sense than PC who is not on the clubs payroll as an employee ....

tip on
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by tip on » Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:52 pm

Oh My!

Brendan Ogle
@BrendanOgle2
What about you just shut your mouth about
@DundalkFC
and concentrate on your own side Higgins? What about that? Who are you hoping to draw in the Cup semi tonight?

Gerry Malone
@LiveatOriel
·
4h
Replying to
@BrendanOgle2
and
@DundalkFC
It’s a frustrating time for Dundalk supporters .It does not look good when the chairman of the new supporters club reacts at another club in the way you did.
Brendan Ogle
@BrendanOgle2

Gerry Malone
@LiveatOriel
·
4h
Replying to
@BrendanOgle2
and
@DundalkFC
I’m entitled to give you my opinion .It’s not journalism. Sure you came on to my Twitter one night and told me to stop talking about the loss of Seán Gannon to Shamrock Rovers .I never saw such abruptness in my life.Yes I blocked you for a while cos I found your comment offensive
Brendan Ogle
@BrendanOgle2
·
4h
You want to be offended Gerry. I find your rude, obnoxious and unprofessional. There ya go. So be it. Now I’ll block you this time. Bye
·
4h
Gerry stop stirring it. You are always stirring it. This you seem to think is ‘Journalism’. Your ‘Journalism’ consistently looks poor. Higgins treatment of Dundalk in recent months is a thundering disgrace.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:29 pm

Well that escalated quickly
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.