Supporters Club

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Supporters Club

Post by mike » Mon May 31, 2021 3:36 pm

Just on the finances, it is correct to say the current 1.5m being owed will effectively turn into 1.5m cash at bank, once the 3m is paid from uefa sometime in 2021? Nothing stopping p6 keeping all of the 3m for instance, and remember they or what was left in the bank would have already covered all expenses in europe, before the money could be drawn down.

If correct, and if we hadn't made the group stages in 20202, we would be sitting on at least 1.2m owed, having earned 6m in 2016..............that takes some going.

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Mon May 31, 2021 3:48 pm

Louth4sam wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:01 pm
Pepsi wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:14 pm To get things right, I believe no play this season the Dundalk team has justified his earnings and Matt cannot be happy with what he is seeing. I also assume this is why I am hearing from various sources who own UK, Austrian and German teams that Dundalk could be sold to the right owner if they make the right offer, which would not be much. In fact I know that the owner of an English club looked very closely at us recently and walked away as he didnt see potential support from the local authorities when he looked at stadium redevelopment.
Why are they being paid so much ..... supply and demand. Name a player of similar standard Irish playere to McEleany, Hoban or Duffy that we could sign for less money?? Had we not re-signed players or offered them more money where would they have moved too??? Do you think Finn signed for Rovers because they offered him less (we wont even talk about the job for his missus and the job for him (with company car) with one of their sponsors?? Do you think Ganno moved to Tallaght because they were offering him less??? Do you think Towell signed for them because they were offering less???
There is some interest in the club at the moment but I'd imagine it'll depend on what mess Peak6 leave the club in. They are owed mid seven figures from loans as per the 2020 accounts and would only imagine it will get worse this season (if we don't get group stages) and next season (if we don't make Europe). If a new owner was ruthless enough and interested they would be better off waiting to see if we're on our knees later in the year.

I'm not sure it is supply and demand rather agents getting their players more than they are worth. Rather than singling out individual players as we don't know what their wages are I'd say with great confidence a lot of us could assemble a strong enough squad to challenge for the league than we have now from within the league for a lot less than €70k a week. That's an average of €2.8k per player for a squad of 25 players. That's madness.
If Rovers offer more than us for players that are not worth it leave them at it. Ganno wasn't worth a four year contract on the wages wanted based on his previous two seasons and Towell certainly isn't worth what we offered him (we matched Rovers).
That is the difference in thinking. We as fans think about the LOI and winning that, our owners were cock arse sure if they put a team together that could compete in Europe that they would run away with the LOI. As for agents raising prices .... thats their job. I deal with them on a daily basis in my job, you either pay them or the player going somewhere else. It is not like Ireland is awash with European level players, nor is it seen yet as the done / accepted thing to take in players alá Peak6.

So you are fucked if you do and you are fucked if you dont. At least Peak6 have put their hand in their pocket and given it a go, if it fails no one will be able to say they didnt try.

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Mon May 31, 2021 4:14 pm

Pepsi wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:48 pm
Louth4sam wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:01 pm
Pepsi wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:14 pm To get things right, I believe no play this season the Dundalk team has justified his earnings and Matt cannot be happy with what he is seeing. I also assume this is why I am hearing from various sources who own UK, Austrian and German teams that Dundalk could be sold to the right owner if they make the right offer, which would not be much. In fact I know that the owner of an English club looked very closely at us recently and walked away as he didnt see potential support from the local authorities when he looked at stadium redevelopment.
Why are they being paid so much ..... supply and demand. Name a player of similar standard Irish playere to McEleany, Hoban or Duffy that we could sign for less money?? Had we not re-signed players or offered them more money where would they have moved too??? Do you think Finn signed for Rovers because they offered him less (we wont even talk about the job for his missus and the job for him (with company car) with one of their sponsors?? Do you think Ganno moved to Tallaght because they were offering him less??? Do you think Towell signed for them because they were offering less???
There is some interest in the club at the moment but I'd imagine it'll depend on what mess Peak6 leave the club in. They are owed mid seven figures from loans as per the 2020 accounts and would only imagine it will get worse this season (if we don't get group stages) and next season (if we don't make Europe). If a new owner was ruthless enough and interested they would be better off waiting to see if we're on our knees later in the year.

I'm not sure it is supply and demand rather agents getting their players more than they are worth. Rather than singling out individual players as we don't know what their wages are I'd say with great confidence a lot of us could assemble a strong enough squad to challenge for the league than we have now from within the league for a lot less than €70k a week. That's an average of €2.8k per player for a squad of 25 players. That's madness.
If Rovers offer more than us for players that are not worth it leave them at it. Ganno wasn't worth a four year contract on the wages wanted based on his previous two seasons and Towell certainly isn't worth what we offered him (we matched Rovers).
That is the difference in thinking. We as fans think about the LOI and winning that, our owners were cock arse sure if they put a team together that could compete in Europe that they would run away with the LOI. As for agents raising prices .... thats their job. I deal with them on a daily basis in my job, you either pay them or the player going somewhere else. It is not like Ireland is awash with European level players, nor is it seen yet as the done / accepted thing to take in players alá Peak6.

So you are fucked if you do and you are fucked if you dont. At least Peak6 have put their hand in their pocket and given it a go, if it fails no one will be able to say they didnt try.
Isn't that where complimenting the squad with imports was supposed to raise the levels to compete in Europe? Why not let the players go somewhere else? Rovers are the only ones that will pay and they have a finite number of positions in the squad. Rovers but for their bailout and selling half the club would have been in massive trouble.

Have Peak6 put their hand in their pocket yet and given it a go? Accounts since they have taken over would suggest differently. Hopefully they'll write the loans off and we'll be ok financially when they leave
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

Towelie
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Towelie » Mon May 31, 2021 4:26 pm

To get back on topic the first meeting of the supporters club is tonight at 7:30. The two SLO's will be speaking and a committee will be elected. Good to see things going forward with this and hopefully it's very successful! Seems to be some really good people involved.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Mon May 31, 2021 5:16 pm

Towelie wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 4:26 pm To get back on topic the first meeting of the supporters club is tonight at 7:30. The two SLO's will be speaking and a committee will be elected. Good to see things going forward with this and hopefully it's very successful! Seems to be some really good people involved.
Thank god, a post about the Supporters Club. I really was losing the will to live.

holidaysong
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by holidaysong » Mon May 31, 2021 5:38 pm

mike wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 3:36 pm Just on the finances, it is correct to say the current 1.5m being owed will effectively turn into 1.5m cash at bank, once the 3m is paid from uefa sometime in 2021? Nothing stopping p6 keeping all of the 3m for instance, and remember they or what was left in the bank would have already covered all expenses in europe, before the money could be drawn down.

If correct, and if we hadn't made the group stages in 20202, we would be sitting on at least 1.2m owed, having earned 6m in 2016..............that takes some going.
Hi Mike, the accounts suggest that UEFA had already (at least partially) paid up for the Europa League run. Cash was up €2.5m YOY from 2019 to 2020. Page 6 on the link below.

https://www.dundalkfc.com/wp-content/up ... v-2020.pdf

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike » Mon May 31, 2021 7:52 pm

Thanks HS, I would be very surprised if this was the case, as the Euro monies is not usually paid until the finals are over, but I could be wrong.

holidaysong
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by holidaysong » Mon May 31, 2021 9:16 pm

I remember seeing something from Dan McDonnell on twitter that they up fronted money this year due to COVID.

Richie87
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Richie87 » Mon May 31, 2021 9:39 pm

Yeah I thought it was the following year too. But Dan McDonnell said the majority of the funds were paid by end of November 2020, due to Covid

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:05 am

I see the media officer of the new official supporters club is on Twitter criticising Dundalk FC , because the Grammar put up a new sign on their own property about trespassing.

Not a good start for the supporters club.

''We look forward to working with the club'' 3 days later, use social media to have a pop.

If this is the type of supporters club its going to become then they should disband as soon as. Glad I didnt sign up now.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:38 am

dundalkfc1903 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:05 am I see the media officer of the new official supporters club is on Twitter criticising Dundalk FC , because the Grammar put up a new sign on their own property about trespassing.

''We look forward to working with the club'' 3 days later, use social media to have a pop.

If this is the type of supporters club its going to become then they should disband as soon as. Glad I didnt sign up now.
Clown behaviour. Grammar school land, sign clearly states by order of Dundalk Grammar School, yet it is dundalk's fault. Wonder what would happen if one of them fell off the wall or got badly burned from one of the flares? Like you I wouldnt sign up to that supporters club for reasons like this. It will actually cause further division between the club than it will help to improve.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:43 am

niall_hearty2000 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:38 am
dundalkfc1903 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:05 am I see the media officer of the new official supporters club is on Twitter criticising Dundalk FC , because the Grammar put up a new sign on their own property about trespassing.

Clown behaviour. Grammar school land, sign clearly states by order of Dundalk Grammar School, yet it is dundalk's fault. Wonder what would happen if one of them fell off the wall or got badly burned from one of the flares? Like you I wouldnt sign up to that supporters club for reasons like this. It will actually cause further division between the club than it will help to improve.
Exactly Niall, what supporter would want to be represented by someone who:
1. Who cannot accept that fans are not currently allowed attend games.
2. Does not understand the concept of private land ownership.
3. Is an elected member of the new supporters club and rather than engage privately on these matters, or even consult his fellow members, goes on social media rants and calls the club a disgrace.

This thing is dead in the water already.

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:53 am

I didn't see the tweet, and it doesn't seem to be on the @dfcsc1903 account now. Must have been deleted.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:55 am

GC. wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:53 am I didn't see the tweet, and it doesn't seem to be on the @dfcsc1903 account now. Must have been deleted.
He's using his own account to do it.

GC.
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by GC. » Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:56 am

Is he the guy with the megaphone a few weeks ago?