Dundalk v St Mochtas | FAI Cup Round 2 | Friday 27 August 2021 ko 19.45

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2308
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Dundalk v St Mochtas | FAI Cup Round 2 | Friday 27 August 2021 ko 19.45

Post by oldfogey » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:59 pm

Tickets on sale from the Ticket Hatch this time.

11am Tuesday for Season Ticket Holders

11am Wednesday for General Sale

Adults €15
Student/Junior €10

NO away fans.

€5 to watch the stream. (maybe they will pay us)

https://www.dundalkfc.com/st-mochtas-ti ... formation/

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 433
Joined: Sat May 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Re: Dundalk v St Mochtas | FAI Cup Round 2 | Friday 27 August 2021 ko 19.45

Post by Bob Prole » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:23 pm

Are the three internationals available or do they have to be released by the weekend?

Looking at CAR’s fixtures, Zahibo might only be available for the Sligo and Harps games between now and the end of October and that's if he can even be fit after two weeks quarantine.

User avatar
seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 3051
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2002 12:35 pm
Location: D'Shed

Re: Dundalk v St Mochtas | FAI Cup Round 2 | Friday 27 August 2021 ko 19.45

Post by seand » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:27 pm

Absolutely have to go full strength for this. We're unlikely to win the cup this season but it's our only route to the glimmer of hope that is European football. What's our best team these days though?

Mochtas, presumably, are barely into their season, it will take an extra special effort to fook this one up

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1077
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:21 pm

Re: Dundalk v St Mochtas | FAI Cup Round 2 | Friday 27 August 2021 ko 19.45

Post by Pepsi » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:13 pm

If Duffy is called up to the Irish squad can we move / delay games?

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2308
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Re: Dundalk v St Mochtas | FAI Cup Round 2 | Friday 27 August 2021 ko 19.45

Post by oldfogey » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:30 pm

Pepsi wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:13 pm If Duffy is called up to the Irish squad can we move / delay games?
Need to have 2 called up. Injuries are long term and we already have back fixtures against Bohs and Sligo. No point in making it worse, especially as these ties are ETP, played to a finish.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2308
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Re: Dundalk v St Mochtas | FAI Cup Round 2 | Friday 27 August 2021 ko 19.45

Post by oldfogey » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:39 pm

seand wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:27 pm Absolutely have to go full strength for this. We're unlikely to win the cup this season but it's our only route to the glimmer of hope that is European football. What's our best team these days though?

Mochtas, presumably, are barely into their season, it will take an extra special effort to fook this one up
St Mochtas play in the LSL Senior Sunday (top of the pyramid) and are 5 from 5, averaging over 3 a game. Gareth McCaffrey is their danger man, although he picked up a nasty head injury a week ago. Also include Mick Daly in their squad, once of this parish.

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 975
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: Dundalk v St Mochtas | FAI Cup Round 2 | Friday 27 August 2021 ko 19.45

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:28 am

Liverpool are refusing to release Salah for international duty on the grounds that he’d have to quarantine on his return . Why can’t we do the same with WZ?

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 433
Joined: Sat May 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Re: Dundalk v St Mochtas | FAI Cup Round 2 | Friday 27 August 2021 ko 19.45

Post by Bob Prole » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:11 pm

A queue out the gate on a Tuesday morning for tickets for a game against St Mochta's.

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 975
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: Dundalk v St Mochtas | FAI Cup Round 2 | Friday 27 August 2021 ko 19.45

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:20 pm

Harps admitting 800 for their cup game. Why are we at 500?

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4459
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:27 pm

Re: Dundalk v St Mochtas | FAI Cup Round 2 | Friday 27 August 2021 ko 19.45

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:05 pm

oldfogey wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:39 pm Also include Mick Daly in their squad, once of this parish.
Philly Hughes, Cathal oConnor and Gareth Brady also

tip on
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:11 pm

Re: Dundalk v St Mochtas | FAI Cup Round 2 | Friday 27 August 2021 ko 19.45

Post by tip on » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:41 am

Tickets are still available and can be purchased from the club office today.

TrevDaRev2
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon May 10, 2021 10:12 am

Re: Dundalk v St Mochtas | FAI Cup Round 2 | Friday 27 August 2021 ko 19.45

Post by TrevDaRev2 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:03 am

tip on wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:41 am Tickets are still available and can be purchased from the club office today.
Speaks volumes really doesn't it

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2308
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Re: Dundalk v St Mochtas | FAI Cup Round 2 | Friday 27 August 2021 ko 19.45

Post by oldfogey » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:12 am

TrevDaRev2 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:03 am
tip on wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:41 am Tickets are still available and can be purchased from the club office today.
Speaks volumes really doesn't it
Silent protest. Obviously nothing organised or group driven, just a reflection of supporters' views about the club on the field (as well as off). Getting people to pay into games not covered by season tickets was always an issue, but never this bad.

TrevDaRev2
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 25
Joined: Mon May 10, 2021 10:12 am

Re: Dundalk v St Mochtas | FAI Cup Round 2 | Friday 27 August 2021 ko 19.45

Post by TrevDaRev2 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:28 pm

oldfogey wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:12 am
TrevDaRev2 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:03 am
tip on wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:41 am Tickets are still available and can be purchased from the club office today.
Speaks volumes really doesn't it
Silent protest. Obviously nothing organised or group driven, just a reflection of supporters' views about the club on the field (as well as off). Getting people to pay into games not covered by season tickets was always an issue, but never this bad.
Ye you're right, fans making views known with their feet. Dire all the same

User avatar
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4247
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:33 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Dundalk v St Mochtas | FAI Cup Round 2 | Friday 27 August 2021 ko 19.45

Post by Louth4sam » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:47 pm

We've all been to cup games in Oriel with only a few hundred there but these are different times. This is an opportunity to see the team for the first time in the flesh in Oriel in almost a year and a half. Crazy to think that 500 tickets weren't snapped up. There really is a can't be arsed attitude at the moment with many of our fans.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

Post Reply