Dundalk v St Mochtas | FAI Cup Round 2 | Friday 27 August 2021 ko 19.45

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Re: Dundalk v St Mochtas | FAI Cup Round 2 | Friday 27 August 2021 ko 19.45

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:36 pm

Johnnybegood33 wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:18 pm Vinny says in interview , that some players are ready to come back from injury . It will certainly be a different picture , with Mc Eleney , Mc Millan , Daniel Kelly , Leahy etc . back. Being able to concentrate on the League , with one game per week . No travelling on planes & hanging around airports , with Covid at every turn . Back in to the bubble in Oriel , with a super professional attitude , tie down contracts & circle the wagons .👍👍
McEleney doesnt look like he will be back anytime soon. Has some protective thing on his leg. Cleary was on bench tonight Dan kelly doesn't look too far away.
On the game tonight very hard to judge as realistically we won against a leinster lge side. First half was poor, 2nd very comfortable. As i say hard to make judgements on players considering the opposition. But sami played well as did Boyle and jurkovskis. Stanton too. Most important thing is we are in the hat for the qtr finals. I think we have made at least the qtr finals since 2012. So that's 10 consecutive yrs. It's actually been 2 semis 1 qtr final and 6 finals in the 9 yrs and wherever we get to this season.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

shep
Reserves
Reserves

Post by shep » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:18 am

Second half thankfully sent us home smiling. I though Ben Amar was very good. Not very impressed by the keeper,he was hesitant a number of times in 2nd half. Zahibo..my god,worst signing in clubs history?? Clinical from Pat when we needed to be. Huge game v Waterford next week!!!

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:48 am

shep wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:18 am Second half thankfully sent us home smiling. I though Ben Amar was very good. Not very impressed by the keeper,he was hesitant a number of times in 2nd half. Zahibo..my god,worst signing in clubs history?? Clinical from Pat when we needed to be. Huge game v Waterford next week!!!
Zahibo was doing fitness work on his own with the S And F coach after the Drogs game. That tells me that he has some sort of injury

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:40 am

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:48 am
shep wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:18 am Second half thankfully sent us home smiling. I though Ben Amar was very good. Not very impressed by the keeper,he was hesitant a number of times in 2nd half. Zahibo..my god,worst signing in clubs history?? Clinical from Pat when we needed to be. Huge game v Waterford next week!!!
Zahibo was doing fitness work on his own with the S And F coach after the Drogs game. That tells me that he has some sort of injury
Did Vinny not say that Zahibo was struggling with fitness after contracting Covid? Personally, I would like to see a fully fit Zahibo, likewise Murray.

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:55 am

Pepsi wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:40 am
Did Vinny not say that Zahibo was struggling with fitness after contracting Covid? Personally, I would like to see a fully fit Zahibo, likewise Murray.
Look Murray played well last night and had a couple of assists but I’m reserving judgement because that’s the first thing he’s done all season. He needs to do the same for the remaining games and show us some form.

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:21 am

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:55 am

Look Murray played well last night and had a couple of assists but I’m reserving judgement because that’s the first thing he’s done all season. He needs to do the same for the remaining games and show us some form.
To be honest i didn't think murray played that well, and remember the level of opposition. For me he's an undecided, not pushed either way if we resign him for next season or release. Scored some important goals for us in Europe last season but we haven't seen the best of him either. Leahy and Dummigan fall into that category also.
We have boyle already onboard. So I'd sign Cleary, and 100% Garts even if only for the coaching side, Stanton, Duffy, Dan Kelly, and Hoban. Sami looked useful last night again against leinster senior lge, so let's see how he shapes up against Waterford, pats, bohs and Rovers. Possibly Jurkovskis depending on what kinda wages he is on etc. And thats about it. Another major rebuild is required. In ways we can applaud the club for looking outside the loi merry-go-round. Yes it has failed and failed misreably. But while the core should be young, hungry gifted loi players, we should be looking at 1 or 2 decent recruits from the uk, top league 1 or lower championship level. We paid serious signing on fee and wages to Zahibo, and the wages and accom to the rest so it isn't beyond us to sign players of that standard. Provided they want to play on a crap unmaintained plastic pitch.
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:10 pm

Were fans allowed in the stand last night?
They weren’t against the drogs afaik

Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Louth4sam » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:27 pm

Good second half from Dundalk and looked like a classic wounded animal performance. Some positives to take was no injuries. Ben Amar looks like a very decent signing and he looks like he gives a shit. Hoban finding his scoring boots might bring a bit of form at a crucial time of the season. The three U19 players that came on didn't look out of place although that might be a negative as I think they looked as good as some of the big wage signings made over past 18 months.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:55 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:55 am

Murray played well last night against a team two or maybe better said 1 and a half divisions below us, he still has to prove himself where it matters. I feel as if the lad is permanently injured or coming back from injury, hence why I said I would like to see a fully fit Murray. Zahibo is similar .... internationals havent helped, however having seen a workmate recover from Covid, I would give his fitness levels a question mark and put it down to the illness. Again, I would like to see a fit Zahibo who has played 5-8 full LOI games. The biggest problem I see in our squad is that we have imports coming in who are either injured and coming back or who are coming from another league and not fully fit. We are suffering all year from a lack of pre-season games and as I said many time, personally I feel their is improvement in the S&C department.

Richie87
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Richie87 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 2:05 pm

The Bohemains v Rovers game should be live on TV. They showed Athlone v Dundalk in a Semi last year when it was never going to be close.
Virgin show random champions League play off games like Monaco V Shakhtar and the like

Johnnybegood33
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Johnnybegood33 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:04 pm

Bohs win .