Longford Town v Dundalk | League Series 27 | Sat 11 September 2021 ko 1930

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Longford Town v Dundalk | League Series 27 | Sat 11 September 2021 ko 1930

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:56 pm

mike wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:39 pm Incredible how fast and how low we have dropped. We have 11 games to avoid or worse to win the play off to stay up.

Vinny has not improved things, and I`m sad to say that as I thought he was the right guy we needed at the time, euro games were a temp lift, but league form and results is where its at, and we are in trouble folks, big trouble.

Hard to see where the positives are following this, honestly apart from the 6-0 and 7-0 defeats v (a very good) Rovers team in 2012, this has to be a new low for us.

Not sure why, but the first people I thought of after the game were Des Denning (maybe as anniversary last week) and the so badly missed Colm Crosson on this forum. RIP to both.
Great post Mike. I thought I’d blocked those rovers defeats from memory! But to me , this season is like the dark days of playing our home games in the drogs and gortakeegan… going there with the expectation that winning a game wasn’t expected and actually a bonus

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:56 pm

Don't agree ML, we had plenty other chances we blew in far too many games, missed pens, (but missed chance in same game v Rovers by Hoban to make it 2-0) and should been 2-0 up after 15 mins tonight (we missed all of these), of more concern should be the absolute lack of desire from our players in too many league games, casually strolling around like its pre season.

Losing to bottom of the league team who had 10 players v 11 for a fair period, then 9 v 11 for another spell is the bottom of the pit really.

Martin Lawlor80
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:05 pm

mike wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:56 pm Don't agree ML, we had plenty other chances we blew in far too many games, missed pens, (but missed chance in same game v Rovers by Hoban to make it 2-0) and should been 2-0 up after 15 mins tonight (we missed all of these), of more concern should be the absolute lack of desire from our players in too many league games, casually strolling around like its pre season.

Losing to bottom of the league team who had 10 players v 11 for a fair period, then 9 v 11 for another spell is the bottom of the pit really.
Can’t disagree with that Mike

Richie87
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Richie87 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:07 pm

Longford went down to 10 men ,en on 56 minutes. Dundalk had lots of time to equalize and win the game. Talking about the refs performance should be the least of the worries

niall_hearty2000
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by niall_hearty2000 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 8:39 am

Tuesday is an absolute must not lose match. We tighten up and take a point. It is one of the 2 games in hand we have over waterford. Take the point and we go above them in the table on goal difference. That's how low we have fallen. Our director of football is very silent these days. Did he approve the signing of these poor excuse for players? Our next 3 league games are away and home to sligo and home to Bohs. Can even the most optimistic fan see us taking any points from any of those matches?
Dundalk Fc. First Irish club to win points in group stages of a major European Competition.

Hull White
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Hull White » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:25 am

Richie87 wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:07 pm Longford went down to 10 men ,en on 56 minutes. Dundalk had lots of time to equalize and win the game. Talking about the refs performance should be the least of the worries
Spot on Richie! What in Gods name has this shambles got to do with refereeing standards? We were/are crap as we have been for most of the season. I cannot see any sign of hope anywhere in this. The owners, management and players need to take a good hard look at themselves this morning. I am not even going to critique any individual players this time except to say they were all garbage. The club is being run like a three ring circus from top to bottom. As for Peak6 selling the club, anyone with the price of a pint in their pocket could buy this pile of crap but who in their right mind would? I am fuming and sad at the same time this morning. My grandson asked me the other day when we were watching Sky Sports and they showed our league table wether Sky had got it wrong and put the table upside down??? I just said we wish! Gutted absolutely gutted!

Wexford White
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Wexford White » Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:52 am

BigChief wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:36 pm Disgraceful stuff..

Maybe this is heat of the moment stuff but I think we need a complete refresh.. keep 3 or 4 players, get a new management team & staff , new owners.

The whole feeling round the club is poisonous at the moment.
I don't think this is a heat of the moment comment. I think it is an accurate summation of the feelings of virtually all supporters.
The Back of the Wall
They come in packs of 5 - and I need 6

shep
Reserves
Reserves

Post by shep » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:10 am

Decided to sleep on it before I posted. Last night was the lowest of the low in many a year. Compared to Waterford last week I was actually pleasantly surprised at the crowd that travelled up. Before the match there was an air of “surely we have to win this” among the fans I spoke to,and I shared the same thoughts myself,despite concerns having witnessed some players lack of effort in Waterford.

We should have been out of sight after 10 minutes and got progressively worse as the game went on. Another howler from a keeper(must be looking at 20 or 30 points caused by this department this season),and the team just went into the slump we have now all become accustomed to. No ideas,no intensity,obvious lack of effort from certain players. We wouldn’t have scored if there was 100 minutes added on.

Vinny needs to shoulder some blame because he has come out making excuses week after week “trust the process” load of rubbish.

The only positive I can take is that we haven’t tied some of these wasters down to longer deals.

I still think we will stay up..but I certainly think it could go down to the last game to ensure that

McGregor
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by McGregor » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:59 pm

Dark times. Given the opposition and their brutal form going into last night its hard to see where we're gonna get our next win from. We look out of idea's on the pitch, a lack of quality on the bench, no leadership from the sideline's, no balls in the office and no clue in the US. Its some achievement to have taken a club from where it was two years ago to where it is today, honestly I don't think our biggest haters could have brought it down as quickly and effectively as Peak 6 have.
VP can point to the bizarre injury crisis but the truth is performances like last night have been churned out all season long no matter what the squad size was. Longford are unbeaten against us with a 5 pts out of 9 ffs.
Its more then obvious that he can't get a tune out of these players. The lack of a proper management team structure and the perceived lack of support from JM (where is he) have contributed but he's just not good enough. You can rule the European performances out, that in my opinion was a group of lads playing on the big stage for themselves not for the badge, that's become more apparent as the games go by.
We need a change of luck or the bounce of a ball quickly, we're going to need to rebuild at the end of the season regardless of what happens. It would be much easier to do that in the Prem. Look at Bircham, Horgan or Higgins, a couple of decent motivated players, a good management structure with a proper plan, a system of play that suits the players available to you and you can put together a good run quickly. There are a number of better teams in the league but they're not that far ahead that we couldn't beat any one of them if we got our act together.

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:23 pm

https://twitter.com/i/status/1436993595253436419

Surely a ref should not be using his/her chest to move a player away from an injured player, a nice go away should survice. If it was the other way around we would never hear the end of it.... Addtionally, he claims to Patching that Han stamped ... looks to me as if his sole was on the ground at contact ... a 50-50 challenge.

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:19 pm

Certainly looks like Han just planted his foot on the ground to block, but in fairness we're along way away and the ref was on the spot. The pompous act of actually driving Han away with is chest is quite extraordinary.
The standard of reffing is worth discussion, but quite irrelevant in the context of this shitshow of a game. (I think he got the 2 Longford reds right to be fair, the 2 yellows were two bad fouls, the straight red was a cynical deliberate foul with zero attempt to play the ball. He might have got away with a yellow but it was a horrible potentially dangerous lunge and not really a surprise to see the red)

As for the rest of it.... the lack of intensity and effort, the sheer volume of really poor decisions, terrible passes, it was painful to watch. I've always backed Vinny but jeezus christ it's hard to back him after the last couple of 'performances'. It would be unfair to single out players for criticism because each of them deserve to be torn apart for that performance. Each of the 15.

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:53 pm

https://twitter.com/i/status/1437043812485017603

Did the ref card himself? About as bad as Hans tackle ....

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike » Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:23 pm

Not even sure we had one passage of play with any of the MF players putting their foot on the ball, looking up, or left or right and starting a proper attack?

We had ample time to russle up an equaliser, could have played it wide and on the ground out left or right, decent crosses in, attacking players in position, of course very little of this happened, more the case of hopeful almost panic passes, Boyle hit the post, that was about it, shocking effort really with so long 11 v 10.

11 games to save ourselves, one point behind Waterford but much much better GD, but its absolutely pathetic it has come to even thinking like this, as the 'much better' GD is still minus !

But the question is, where on earth is our next win coming from? Some clubs had 'sticky patches' - Sligo was one, we just had a rubbish league season, a week or so ago, 7th was our avg placing I think, would snatch your hand off to have that now !

Re-set button needs to be pressed, as long as we can stay up.

colbut26
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by colbut26 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:25 am

mike wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:23 pm Not even sure we had one passage of play with any of the MF players putting their foot on the ball, looking up, or left or right and starting a proper attack?

We had ample time to russle up an equaliser, could have played it wide and on the ground out left or right, decent crosses in, attacking players in position, of course very little of this happened, more the case of hopeful almost panic passes, Boyle hit the post, that was about it, shocking effort really with so long 11 v 10.

Lack of movement upfront....forwards not gambling on balls into box.....and being caught offside too many times!! Basic things really, but they are not being done well and it gives very few options for the MF players[/b]