Dundalk v Bohemians | League Series 20 | Mon 27 September 2021 ko 19.45

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

BigChief
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Dundalk v Bohemians | League Series 20 | Mon 27 September 2021 ko 19.45

Post by BigChief » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:33 pm

Good result, hung on towards the end though.
Earlier in the season we would have imploded when Bohs scored so its good to see the hunger and fight back.
Talbot pulled off some great saves for Bohs, can't believe we turned him down at the start of the season.
We have A bit of momentum now behind us & let's back that up Friday and start to climb the table.
Ps. It's Great to see Oriel rocking again after the last 18 months.

Richie87
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Richie87 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:35 pm

Hoban playing really well. He's the best striker in the League. Bohemians played well, and really lifted in second half, kelly missed a sitter but was a big 3pts.

pingu1
Reserves
Reserves

Post by pingu1 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:36 pm

[youtube] ju[/youtube]
southerncomfort wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:31 pm
pingu1 wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:12 pm
southerncomfort wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:46 pm Some fortune, but that was great

.....The media anti manager / club stuff from the usual heads on twitter is ( to be fair to them) proportionatly defending during our good spells. Throw in some faint praise - giving main credit to '' the players for coming together '' in tomorrow's articles / pods
Won't even start with some of the podcasters over the weekend .... One of them claiming credit himself!) for fixing one of our best farwards improved form by slaughtering him on the podcast.

Fans at the game really cutting through some of the lazy agenda stuff .

Real support , good times ahead if we hang onto key people ... Players / manger / officials behind the scenes .

We have a bright future

Definitely not claiming credit mate.
Would never name you personally and didn't name the pod - enjoy the extra perspective the pod brings ...but if you listen back . ( And accounting for banter etc )You really did!

Anyway-. A good night all round
No issue being named. I literally said I wasn’t claiming credit but that it wouldn’t surprise me of criticism of him by myself and others got back to him as his agent told me he listens. Pat responds well when questions are asked a la 2019 when people claimed we were done without Kenny, he said that himself at the time. For that reason it wouldn’t surprise me to I never said and would never claim his turn of form or anyone else’s was solely down to me.

Either way, glad to see the club have such a positive week!!
The only team for me.....

Hull White
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Hull White » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:54 pm

Another very sound performance. We would have won easier if not for Talbot who looks a very decent keeper. Bohs are a good side but this win will put doubts in their minds if we play them in the Cup Final eventually. Well done to all Dundalk fans, great backing tonight. I am a much happier chap tonight. C' mon the town.

McNultys Discopants
Reserves
Reserves

Post by McNultys Discopants » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:56 pm

southerncomfort wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:46 pm Some fortune, but that was great

.....The media anti manager / club stuff from the usual heads on twitter is ( to be fair to them) proportionatly defending during our good spells. Throw in some faint praise - giving main credit to '' the players for coming together '' in tomorrow's articles / pods
Won't even start with some of the podcasters over the weekend .... One of them claiming credit himself!) for fixing one of our best farwards improved form by slaughtering him on the podcast.

Real support , good times ahead if we hang onto key people ... Players / manger / officials behind the scenes .

We have a bright future

🤣🤣🤣

Heard you were involved with "save our club" back in the day. But ya don't like to mention it. 😉
Liam Carroll is a piece of shit. A fcuking leech.

pingu1
Reserves
Reserves

Post by pingu1 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:58 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
McNultys Discopants wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:56 pm

We have a bright future

🤣🤣🤣

Heard you were involved with "save our club" back in the day. But ya don't like to mention it. 😉

🤣🤣🤣 proud of being involved in that to be fair
The only team for me.....

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Pepsi » Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:58 pm

Pepsi wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:57 pm Great win, great performance and great support on a Monday night. Another 3 points Friday now or that effort and win tonight was a waste of time.

Question has to be asked ... is it Vinny, is it the players, are the lads playing for contract offers elsewhere or is it the Peak6 stats guy who is currently in Oriel? Regardless, finally we are seeing a team playing for each other and hitting some sort of form. Respect to all involved in the turn of fortunes both on and off the pitch. 3 points ... cant ask for more than that from a game.
Dont like quoting myself, however just to make it clear to the child here who reposts everything on Twitter - the highlighted part above is sarcasim not that I would expect you to understand.

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Bob Prole » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:38 pm

Sorry about that - it’s really really really hard to tell the difference between when you’re talking nonsense and when you’re being sarcastic.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:35 pm

Why was there no anti P6 chants at the home games so far?
Was expecting a few rounds of 'fcuk off Bill hulsizer, it's time to go home'

seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by seand » Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:17 am

dundalkfc1903 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:35 pm Why was there no anti P6 chants at the home games so far?
Decent on-field performances have certainly taken a lot of the heat off the owners, underservedly so, but that's football. There's certainly room for the fantastic support the team have had and some anti-Bill protest though

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:17 pm

seand wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:17 am
dundalkfc1903 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:35 pm Why was there no anti P6 chants at the home games so far?
Decent on-field performances have certainly taken a lot of the heat off the owners, underservedly so, but that's football. There's certainly room for the fantastic support the team have had and some anti-Bill protest though
Short of flying 100 people over to the US to protest, there's really little we can do this year. Players are human after all. Perhaps the 100% focus on supporting them is what's giving them that lift, as they certainly seem to have shed that lack of confidence we have seen recently. We have 3 huge games after tonight, (H) Rovers, (A) Bohs, and (A) Pats in the Cup SF. 7 points and a trip to the Aviva will go a long way towards stabilising the club, at least in the short term. I hate to admit it, but it appears there is nothing we can do to get through to Matt Hulsizer at present.