Dundalk v Shamrock Rovers | League Series 30 | Fri 08 October 2021 ko 19.45

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

User avatar
Louth4sam
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4287
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:33 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Dundalk v Shamrock Rovers | League Series 30 | Fri 08 October 2021 ko 19.45

Post by Louth4sam » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:28 pm

Part of me finds it funny not giving Rovers tickets but part of me feels sorry for their die hards. Should have given them a small number of tickets even if it was only 50 or 100.
"Absentee ownership doesn't work" - Jordan Gardner 21/12/2020

User avatar
SRFC_1
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:02 pm
Location: East Stand Block M

Re: Dundalk v Shamrock Rovers | League Series 30 | Fri 08 October 2021 ko 19.45

Post by SRFC_1 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:23 pm

The fact we gave you tickets in July, when the attendance in Tallaght was still limited to 1500, a similar amount could've been given to us for Friday. Even if it was only a nominal 50 or so tickets!

Have you sold out for Friday yet? or how are sales going?

anyone got any spares? 🤣🤣
▒▓██ S █ H █ A █ M █ R █ O █ C █ K █ ♣ █ R █ O █ V █ E █ R █ S ♣ █ C █ H █ A █ M █ P █ I█ O █ N █ S ██▓▒

User avatar
seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 3063
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2002 12:35 pm
Location: D'Shed

Re: Dundalk v Shamrock Rovers | League Series 30 | Fri 08 October 2021 ko 19.45

Post by seand » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:36 pm

SRFC_1 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:23 pm The fact we gave you tickets in July, when the attendance in Tallaght was still limited to 1500, a similar amount could've been given to us for Friday. Even if it was only a nominal 50 or so tickets!

Have you sold out for Friday yet? or how are sales going?

anyone got any spares? 🤣🤣
July was a test event, Rovers were told to allow away fans for the Drogheda and Dundalk games. They didn't give Derry an allocation last week. I'd be in favour of giving an away allocation, but with out official capacity around 2,000 for Friday we shouldn't have any problem filling the place ourselves, but even a 5% allocation would give Rovers 100 tickets and give a sense of fair play to the distribution

User avatar
seand
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 3063
Joined: Mon Dec 02, 2002 12:35 pm
Location: D'Shed

Re: Dundalk v Shamrock Rovers | League Series 30 | Fri 08 October 2021 ko 19.45

Post by seand » Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:38 pm

seand wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:36 pm
SRFC_1 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:23 pm The fact we gave you tickets in July, when the attendance in Tallaght was still limited to 1500, a similar amount could've been given to us for Friday. Even if it was only a nominal 50 or so tickets!

Have you sold out for Friday yet? or how are sales going?

anyone got any spares? 🤣🤣
July was a test event, Rovers were told to allow away fans for the Drogheda and Dundalk games. Rovers didn't give an away allocation thereby denying their own member and season ticket holders out of some sense of decency. They didn't give Derry an allocation last week. That said, I'd be in favour of giving an away allocation, but with out official capacity around 2,000 for Friday we shouldn't have any problem filling the place ourselves, but even a 5% allocation would give Rovers 100 tickets and give a sense of fair play to the distribution

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4511
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:27 pm

Re: Dundalk v Shamrock Rovers | League Series 30 | Fri 08 October 2021 ko 19.45

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:13 pm

Line up? Some speculation that Dicky Kelly and McMillan will make the squad.

Cherrie
Dummigan Cleary Boyle Leahy
Patching Sloggett Stanton Murray Duffy
Hoban

Subs: Ben Amar, Han, Kelly, McMillan, Mayowa, Yates + childer.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2381
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Re: Dundalk v Shamrock Rovers | League Series 30 | Fri 08 October 2021 ko 19.45

Post by oldfogey » Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:36 pm

oldfogey wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:27 pm
Wexford White wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:22 am All Friday's games appear to be postponed according to Flashscore.
I think this is some kind of auto reaction to World Cup and u21 Euro qualifiers being on over the weekend, and a raft of local players being in the u21 squad. Keith Long mentioned in an interview that they had a weekend off. Drogheda probably postponed as well as Odumosu is in the squad. Not sure how many from other clubs but we might well be the only game to survive, albeit with Jurkovskis and Nattestad missing.
Confirmation yesterday that we are the only Premier Division match to survive this Friday. All other postponed due to international callups.

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2021/10 ... -call-ups/

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 486
Joined: Sat May 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Re: Dundalk v Shamrock Rovers | League Series 30 | Fri 08 October 2021 ko 19.45

Post by Bob Prole » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:14 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:13 pm Line up? Some speculation that Dicky Kelly and McMillan will make the squad.

Cherrie
Dummigan Cleary Boyle Leahy
Patching Sloggett Stanton Murray Duffy
Hoban

Subs: Ben Amar, Han, Kelly, McMillan, Mayowa, Yates + childer.
All our central midfielders look a bit lost on the right so if Kelly can’t start we should probably start Ben Amar ahead of maybe Patching for balance? Then again he’s been responsible for coughing up a lot of chances too so who knows? I’d say you have at least 10 of the 11 there anyway.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2381
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Re: Dundalk v Shamrock Rovers | League Series 30 | Fri 08 October 2021 ko 19.45

Post by oldfogey » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:02 pm

Bob Prole wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:14 pm
dundalkfc1903 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:13 pm Line up? Some speculation that Dicky Kelly and McMillan will make the squad.

Cherrie
Dummigan Cleary Boyle Leahy
Patching Sloggett Stanton Murray Duffy
Hoban

Subs: Ben Amar, Han, Kelly, McMillan, Mayowa, Yates + childer.
All our central midfielders look a bit lost on the right so if Kelly can’t start we should probably start Ben Amar ahead of maybe Patching for balance? Then again he’s been responsible for coughing up a lot of chances too so who knows? I’d say you have at least 10 of the 11 there anyway.
Ben Amar's issues are in the second half when he is running out of steam around the 70 minute mark. Play him for 60 then bring Kelly on.

On the question of midfielders it's going to depend very much on whether we are trying to contain Rovers, or go for the win. We need to keep at least one in reserve, as there will be injuries, both accidental and deliberate. Patching is the most creative, while Murray and Sloggett will be better at containing their midfield. I'd probably keep Murray in reserve as he makes a good impact sub. No point in replacing midfielders with a load of wingers.

Bob Prole
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 486
Joined: Sat May 29, 2021 12:39 pm

Re: Dundalk v Shamrock Rovers | League Series 30 | Fri 08 October 2021 ko 19.45

Post by Bob Prole » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:45 pm

Looking at that 11 again I would like to see a 4-4-2 diamond with Sloggett at DM and Patching at the top, Stanton and Murray in the middle. I’d have Duffy up top switching both sides of Hoban taking advantage of space behind Rovers wing backs. A bit narrow maybe but full backs only have wing backs to deal with

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2381
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Re: Dundalk v Shamrock Rovers | League Series 30 | Fri 08 October 2021 ko 19.45

Post by oldfogey » Thu Oct 07, 2021 1:31 pm

We're the only Premier Division game being played tomorrow night and Rob Harvey is the best they can come up with? Is this because the other Rovers supporters can't attend?

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2381
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Re: Dundalk v Shamrock Rovers | League Series 30 | Fri 08 October 2021 ko 19.45

Post by oldfogey » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:47 pm

Statement buried at the of the match preview from the club that the game will NOT be streamed. Does RTE International still exist? I bought a season ticket for my cousin in the US. He - and I - will be severely hacked off if he can't watch it.

https://twitter.com/DundalkFC/status/14 ... B15fw&s=19

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1097
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:21 pm

Re: Dundalk v Shamrock Rovers | League Series 30 | Fri 08 October 2021 ko 19.45

Post by Pepsi » Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:20 pm

RTE will surely have it on the player and available for international viewers. Like fcuk will they .... they will have it geo blocked, sure it would be positive publicity for the LOI .. they will hardly do that.
Update:
I stand corrected, that´ll learn me .... LOITV claiming the game will be available worldwide via the RTE Player ....

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4511
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:27 pm

Re: Dundalk v Shamrock Rovers | League Series 30 | Fri 08 October 2021 ko 19.45

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:29 pm

Game sold out, justifying the clubs decision not to offer an away allocation.

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 2381
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 8:24 pm

Re: Dundalk v Shamrock Rovers | League Series 30 | Fri 08 October 2021 ko 19.45

Post by oldfogey » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:48 pm

Pepsi wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:20 pm RTE will surely have it on the player and available for international viewers. Like fcuk will they .... they will have it geo blocked, sure it would be positive publicity for the LOI .. they will hardly do that.
Update:
I stand corrected, that´ll learn me .... LOITV claiming the game will be available worldwide via the RTE Player ....
Update: "Cuz" is watching the u21s live on the Player with our game listed for afterwards.

User avatar
Dessie Gorman
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 5:23 pm

Re: Dundalk v Shamrock Rovers | League Series 30 | Fri 08 October 2021 ko 19.45

Post by Dessie Gorman » Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:23 pm

Is it still €500 per flare set off? That's 4 already!!

Post Reply