Dundalk v Shamrock Rovers | League Series 30 | Fri 08 October 2021 ko 19.45

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Richie87
Reserves
Reserves

Re: Dundalk v Shamrock Rovers | League Series 30 | Fri 08 October 2021 ko 19.45

Post by Richie87 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:24 am

Murray very composed when he gets in front of goal, lovely waited pass by Hoban.

Shamrock Rovers will win the League but they would need a rebuild.A lot players 30 or over, bringing in Towell added to that.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:24 am

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:06 am Any chance of actually enjoying the result and performance that Vinny and the team produced before the shit posting starts again ffs?
No.

I dropped in on Dan MC d. Not a tweet outta him. I know he's on Ireland duty but he couldn't manage a passing comment on the only LOI premier game tonight.
In fact he hasn't done so about a Dundalk game in almost 3 weeks. How bizarre...no doubt he'll be back from under his rock for our next defeat.

shep
Reserves
Reserves

Post by shep » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:20 am

Brilliant from the lads last night. Atmosphere in oriel since we have been allowed back in has been amazing. There’s a real siege mentality among the players and fans at the minute. Rovers huffed and puffed,but we were deserved winners. It’s been said a million times,but the difference an actual goalkeeper makes is huge. Still so much to play for,dare I say it….top 3/4 still not impossible

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by southerncomfort » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:40 am

https://youtu.be/tbI5OiXnMKU

More excuses & complaining !

( Or facts / insight and honest opinion well articulated by someone who cares - depending on your agenda )

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:10 am

southerncomfort wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:40 am https://youtu.be/tbI5OiXnMKU

( Or facts / insight and honest opinion well articulated by someone who cares - depending on your agenda )
What is it that you want exactly? The fact that you lead with the negatives gives more than a hint of where you stand. I'll take Vinnie's passion for the club and the town, and the hurt he is feeling, over Bradley's boring cliches every day of the week. We're not helped by the fact that those running podcasts are tripping over themselves to stick a microphone in front of anyone prepared to slag off Perth. Easy target when they can't get after - or get a response from - the owners.

On paper we had no right to come away with 3 points last night, yet he continues to reinvigorate his meagre resources and has recreated the bond with the fans. I was dreading Friday nights and would have happily settled for the last 4 wins playing crap. Now I can't wait for Dalymount next week.

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by southerncomfort » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:37 am

oldfogey wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:10 am

What is it that you want exactly? The fact that you lead with the negatives gives more than a hint of where you stand. I'll take Vinnie's passion for the club and the town, and the hurt he is feeling, over Bradley's boring cliches every day of the week. We're not helped by the fact that those running podcasts are tripping over themselves to stick a microphone in front of anyone prepared to slag off Perth. Easy target when they can't get after - or get a response from - the owners.

On paper we had no right to come away with 3 points last night, yet he continues to reinvigorate his meagre resources and has recreated the bond with the fans. I was dreading Friday nights and would have happily settled for the last 4 wins playing crap. Now I can't wait for Dalymount next week.
My positivity high ... My written sarcasm certainly needs work though ! Aplologies .

Couldn't agree with you more .
Some of the self appointed fan voices have done damage in recent months with sniping at players and managers. some players decisions will be tipped by that sniping . And they should be called out

Great that the real fans , (not seeking attention for themselves ), are able to communicate directly to the players at oriel. No doubt that it makes the club a more attractive place for players .

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:47 am

southerncomfort wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:37 am
oldfogey wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:10 am

My positivity high ... My written sarcasm certainly needs work though ! Aplologies .

Couldn't agree with you more .
Some of the self appointed fan voices have done damage in recent months with sniping at players and managers. some players decisions will be tipped by that sniping . And they should be called out

Great that the real fans , (not seeking attention for themselves ), are able to communicate directly to the players at oriel. No doubt that it makes the club a more attractive place for players .
Apologies. We need a sarcasm or tic (tongue in cheek button).

Towelie
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Towelie » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:25 pm

I wonder did the invisible man get an earful from anyone in the stand?

mike
Club Captain
Club Captain

Post by mike » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:51 pm

Atmosphere was almost as good as the final day v Cork in 2014 or maybe one of the carnival nights when the league was won, not the trophy night. Great to see home fans in the away end, wonder how they arranged that, as didn't see any directed that way, maybe via the Lilywhite, either was great to see in the last 10 secs of the rte clip online for the goal replay.

Another thing, I'd nearly retain the home dressing room on the YDC side, post covid, not sure there is a rule that both teams need to come same tunnel ?

On the match, Fantastic fighting spirit and a real chance now ending the season absolutely safe and with a trophy.

Just a pity we can't keep this damn team together, or can we ? Christ the news is deafening, heard last night p6 waiting to see how safe we will be, and if we can get to the cup final before contracts sorted, not sure if true or not.

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:15 pm

Towelie wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:25 pm I wonder did the invisible man get an earful from anyone in the stand?
No but Nicky McCourt gave Richie a severe talking to at full time !!

oldfogey
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular

Post by oldfogey » Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:31 pm

mike wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:51 pm
Another thing, I'd nearly retain the home dressing room on the YDC side, post covid, not sure there is a rule that both teams need to come same tunnel ?
Bohs have been doing it for years. If anything, I'd have away teams in the YDC as well, making them enter/leave in front of the shed. It won't happen unless they are demolishing/rebuilding the main stand. The shed would be looking to nab Towell. Or even Bradley.🤪

0rl
Reserves
Reserves

Post by 0rl » Sat Oct 09, 2021 3:53 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:15 pm
Towelie wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:25 pm I wonder did the invisible man get an earful from anyone in the stand?
Haha was that what drove Richie to start punching the tunnel as he went in? 😁

Towelie
Reserves
Reserves

Post by Towelie » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:16 pm

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:15 pm
Hahaha that's brilliant!