2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Discuss any news,views and opinions on Dundalk F.C.

Moderators: Colin Gallagher, Duffman

Fundalkfan
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:59 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Fundalkfan » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:01 am

Lennon has so much of this wrong it's not even worth getting involved with. Not mentioning that he is a good friend of Vincent and his brother.

Mags Byrne won't be buying the club, nor will Andy/Paul/Martin (unfortunately)

It was mentioned here by alrightourfella (I think) that The Unit were involved in buying the club, or at least pulling together a consortium of local and national business-people to buy the club. Mr Casey was brought in with a sole purpose of facilitating the sale of the club.

Mike Tracey has been helping him and a very well know local journo will report over the weekend that Mike, Casey and another high profile local businessman where seen at The Maldron at Dublin Airport last weekend.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4559
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:27 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:11 am

Fundalkfan wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:01 am that The Unit were involved in buying the club, or at least pulling together a consortium of local and national business-people to buy the club. Mr Casey was brought in with a sole purpose of facilitating the sale of the club.

.
Complete lies here. Paddy Casey was brought into do some marketing long before any sale was mooted. He has no experience in buying or selling football clubs or any football background and the unit does not have the finances to be involved in purchasing any league of Ireland club.

Fundalkfan
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:59 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Fundalkfan » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:30 am

While they might not have the finances directly, it's believed they have some serious connections, particularly in the world of betting and finances. They have offices in New Jersey and Gibraltar I am reliably told. His and his business partner helped facilitate a €25 million + sale of a company just over the summer in the US. DO NOT BUY INTO THE "AD GUYS" BULLSHIT.

The sale has been mooted for a while now - one year contracts, skeleton staff - comes on Mr/Mrs dundalkfc1903 - think as clever as you appear

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4559
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:27 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:33 am

Fundalkfan wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:30 am While they might not have the finances directly, it's believed they have some serious connections, particularly in the world of betting and finances. They have offices in New Jersey and Gibraltar I am reliably told. His and his business partner helped facilitate a €25 million + sale of a company just over the summer in the US. DO NOT BUY INTO THE "AD GUYS" BULLSHIT.

The sale has been mooted for a while now - one year contracts, skeleton staff - comes on Mr/Mrs dundalkfc1903 - think as clever as you appear
Honestly this is total fabrication. They have an office in Dundalk. They dont have an office in Gib or anywhere else. As for the sale of some US business - more lies.

Give it a rest. Mods need to step in here.

Fundalkfan
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:59 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Fundalkfan » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:38 am

I didn't want to have to do this, but, for the benefit of everybody in the audience.

Step 1 - https://www.independent.ie/business/tec ... 73123.html

Step 2 - Google Mr Casey's business partner

Step 3 - Get back into your box like a good little chap.

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4559
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:27 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:43 am

Fundalkfan wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:38 am I didn't want to have to do this, but, for the benefit of everybody in the audience.

Step 1 - https://www.independent.ie/business/tec ... 73123.html

Step 2 - Google Mr Casey's business partner

Step 3 - Get back into your box like a good little chap.
Working for a company and assisting in the sale are two very different things. His business partner works for sportcaller, he did not assist in the sale.

You are a complete liar.

Fundalkfan
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:59 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Fundalkfan » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:45 am

All will be revealed in due course my old school friend. You too will be revealed. Wink Wink

dundalkfc1903
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 4559
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:27 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by dundalkfc1903 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:48 am

Fundalkfan wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:45 am All will be revealed in due course my old school friend. You too will be revealed. Wink Wink
Why do you want to reveal everyone? So strange.

I dont think you'll be on the forum for much longer, thankfully.

Fundalkfan
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:59 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Fundalkfan » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:53 am

We'll see, old friend. Have a nice day and enjoy the match.

User avatar
Carrick_Road
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 265
Joined: Fri May 31, 2019 5:18 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Carrick_Road » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:15 am

Cracking Friday morning entertainment lol

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1125
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:21 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Pepsi » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:21 am

Ahh come here ..... his business partner worked for SportsCaller amongst other betting companies and nothing more. He was paid for the job done and did not receive the €40 million nor a share of it.
The same mans late mother comes from a very big family here in town and if you knew as much as you claim you would also know that this was the reason for a member fo the Goodmann family being linked to the club, gobsh1tes putting 1 + 1 together and getting 6.
There is a small group of local business people waiting to step in, however it is believed they will not pay for the pleasure, in fact they want money left in the bank. Peak6 this week rebuffed the chance to speak to a European group who own clubs (mens and womens) in Germany and Austria.... they either have a buyer or are committed.

Pepsi
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1125
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:21 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Pepsi » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:39 am

Martin Lawlor80 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:34 pm All Things LOI on Twitter now saying Andy C/ Statsports consortium will NOT be taking over.
Paul Lennon in the Star saying superagent Mags Byrne ex
Sunderland is another interested party. Do we know anything about her?

Edit: just looked her up. Definitely heard that an agent from south Armagh was looking involved in the club a long time ago. Must have been her .
Nothing online that would give me any confidence that she could bring us forward unfortunately
The question is does she want to be involved in Dundalk or is she interested in linking up with Peak6/Evil Genius, maybe both? She has an agency for both footballers and e-gamers. Either way, a highly qualified lady who knows the football world inside out from her time at Sunderland, maybe she could bring a potential buyer to the table.

User avatar
Towelie
Reserves
Reserves
Posts: 299
Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:53 am
Location: Dundalk

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Towelie » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:08 pm

Hope she stays as far away from the club as possible. Her connection with the Adam Johnson scandal will only serve to set up another media wormhole of anti Dundalk articles for the next year.

Martin Lawlor80
1st Team Regular
1st Team Regular
Posts: 1063
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by Martin Lawlor80 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:10 pm

Interesting stuff I have to say and it’s great to have a bit of healthy debate on the forum ! Although I’m still none the wiser about what’s happening or who’s coming or going in OP. I still think everything hinges on if we get Europe or not

southerncomfort
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 173
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:23 pm

Re: 2022 Rumours | Transfers | Contract Renewals

Post by southerncomfort » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:25 pm

dundalkfc1903 wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:33 am
Fundalkfan wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:30 am While they might not have the finances directly, it's believed they have some serious connections, particularly in the world of betting and finances. They have offices in New Jersey and Gibraltar I am reliably told. His and his business partner helped facilitate a €25 million + sale of a company just over the summer in the US. DO NOT BUY INTO THE "AD GUYS" BULLSHIT.

The sale has been mooted for a while now - one year contracts, skeleton staff - comes on Mr/Mrs dundalkfc1903 - think as clever as you appear
Honestly this is total fabrication. They have an office in Dundalk. They dont have an office in Gib or anywhere else. As for the sale of some US business - more lies.

Give it a rest. Mods need to step in here.
Yes - agreed , I'm fond of poroposing the odd conspiracy theory but generally declare it so .
(Brand new member to the forum who obviously posts under a slightly more established name ) Fundalk has asserted as fact I'm john Gill ( and I'm on the way back as head coach apparently )

It's good craic to be fair , but also.... it's players / staff livelyhood and a great club at stake . Some informed debate that's not just attention seeking nonsense would be great

Locked